What does Sup Forums think about the dragonbox pyra?

What does Sup Forums think about the dragonbox pyra?

pyra-handheld.com/boards/pages/pyra/

Dual core ARM, why

>debian preinstalled
dropped

the usual knock on it is the weak CPU and interminable development time, but I'm still interested to see how it turns out.

they're gonna have a version with a GSM module, I'd love to have my phone be a Debian box instead of the horrendous shitshow called Android

holy shit I can play diablo 2 with this thing

been in development forever and it's really showing with the weak specs and bulkyness

About to preorder it.
Feels good man

>bulkyness
are you that retard who always used to post the "headphone jacks are why phones are too thick" threads?

My Nvidia shield portable already does everything it can do, has better hardware, and cost like 20% of the price it will go for, like 3 years ago.

>GSM
If I can put a SIM in that thing and make phone calls I'm sold!
This can be the real deal, the phone from the g-designs-a-phone meme

But does it respect your freedomâ„¢?

Amazing.
>Their site literally haven't been updated in almost 2 years.

Freedom might not be free but when it's this overpriced I'll go for the cheaper option.

Forums are still very much alive, so are the updates for their previous platform "Pandora" from 2008 by the way.
That's a good enough indicator that their working on Pyra.

Libreboot X200

this bitch is fat enough for 3 headphone jacks stacked vertically

Gemini pda is 10 core though for less

It's the star citizen of hardware

underpowered af

It's not going to be made. Watching the project for a few years now and it never got finished. On the other I have seen a few projects come and go in the time this was in the making.

would this be useful for pentesting?

>MicroUSB Type B
>1.5GHz Dual core ARM
>500-700 euros

Fuck that.

Neither would the Pyra. Wireless is a blob, GPU at the current stage is still a blob too.

It's not a GPD WIN with actually modern specs.

>windows
worthless desu

You can install Linux user, the BIOS is open.

At least it's wireless is seperated from the CPU, unlike on cell phones

>Nvidia shield [...] has better hardware
>Nvidia ARM
>better hardware
>Nvidia
>Linux

Point at laugh.

what a tremendous fail and AIDS, I meant Point and laugh.

I'm off to bed and your Nvidia shield is still shit.

Why not simply slap that case with similar I/O and a battery on a regular raspi?

It was cool back in 2015 when the hardware it used was only a couple years old. Unfortunately by the time it comes out the hardware is going to be quite dated and definitely not worth what they're charging (consider that the Samsung Galaxy S4 had a dual core A15 running at 1.6 GHz + 2 A7 cores running at 1.2 GHz and was released in 2013, and tablets with 2 A15 cores were being released in 2012). On a side note I wonder when the Neo900 project will finally be considered a failure, since it still hasn't come out and has a processor comparable to a 2010 smartphone (a single core A8 clocked at 1 GHz) yet they still expect people to pay $1000+ and the phone body/screen are just refurbished parts.

Yikes!

I can play Diablo 2?
Holy fuck, really?
I can play Diablo 2. A fucking video game from over 17 years ago on it?

Well, rape me and call me a Hollywood actress because wow, that's just amazing!

It's a piece of shit. Overpriced. A piece of shit. And still, a piece of shit. Get a fucking $200 tablet instead.

>making so many sacrifices for the sake of muh freedom, they could've used a nice new snapdragon or something but noooo we gotta go with TI! even if the performance is equivalent to a 2011 ARM CPU!
>uses a powervr gpu anyways
i wonder what percentage of the preorder backers realize they've been scammed by now

>500 euro

FUCKING D R O P P E D

I can make something better with a Raspberry Pi 3 B and that's a quad core as well.

Another shill thread? This is like the third in this week.
Go to sleep EvilDragon.