Did anything ever rise up and fill Yik Yak's shoes?

Did anything ever rise up and fill Yik Yak's shoes?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/P4SL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not that I'm aware of
Shame that the app developers were so retarded

Only thing close is Jodel and nobody uses it

What killed Yik Yak again?

Attempting to stop 'bullying' aka reality via forced usernames

Yik Yak was a great concept
>anonymous geo fenced chat room
>was safe enough to use (couldn't call a bomb threat with it, they had your number and it gets flagged) but you can still fuck around with it.
UNTIL
>forced "ids" (icons per user, per thread)
>censored words
>PMing other users
>upvotes/downvotes saved/killed threads
>forced usernames
>LINKING OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
last one is idiotic, like why would you build your own social media platform to just act as a placeholder for others?

Swiflie is the only thing that's come close. There's no moderation now that it's gotten big *cough*

>10,000 downloads

Nice try swiflie

sounds like OP is planning on making a replacement. I'll make the logo

I already wrote the minimum viable product as a web app. Planning to add a few features, port to iOS/Android, and set it loose.

Tell us more user. What is it written in?

>make anonymous shitpost app
>remove everything that made people want to use it in the first place

i hope they die

JavaScript/jQuery with PHP backend, SQL

my day job is maintaining a Magento ecommerce site so I only know the old languages unfortunately. But it's functional. Design is just vanilla Bootstrap. I'd like to rewrite the design to PWA standards next so it could be a downloadable web app, but it also needs to be ported to mobile as that's where the potential users are.

Once I drop it we can talk about the "killer features" that I think make it better than it's predecessors, but overall it functions very similarly to Jodel

Yik Yak did die, like six months ago

Nice, a few teams where I work use PHP and they seem to love it. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's a disadvantage. I wish you luck

good riddance, what the hell were they thinking?

Yeah I honestly enjoy PHP, not sure what everybody's problem is with it.

Jodel is big in some European countries, at least

An user would be the best at making a shitposting app, why haven't one of you faggots done this yet?

Literally working on it right now, planning a January rollout

Never used YY, so I don't know all of its ins & outs.

Swiflie, signup required, so I've never used it, but seems to be about as close to anything-goes from what i hear.

Jodel: Very strict about being hyper-local, so if you live in the middle of nowhere, or even a mid-sized market, it's pretty much a ghost town.

Spout: fairly positive minded community, Most anything about sex or drugs gets voted down quick. Also a lot of Arabic language posters if that bothers you (but they also speak English and like the same type BS that you do,)

Whisper: similar class, but its design doesn't promote the same sort of mass group chat.

It's pretty popular where I live, the biggest channel s have almost 60,000 subscribers

You can set a homecity in Jodel where you can always look up posts from that city. Helps if you live in the middle of nowhere

>tfw jodelmod and nazi
nothing is racist as long as i see it

Same here, man.
Abusing mod powers used to be great. That was back when you could flag a post and then instantly go to moderate it

Name to look out for?

This sounds like a new Sup Forums project, I'll work on a mascot

For real I used to love shitposting aka literally posting while shitting back in grad school blowing undergrad minds that grad students, TAs, etc posted on their sekret club.

But they ruined everything that made it good.

I dunno, I only have the logo done.

It was an app primarily used by college kids, notorious for shutting down dissenting thought or speech. Of course it was gunna turn into a babby safe space.

I was googling around for the story on YikYak,
apparently at one point it was valued at $400 million and only sold for $1 million recently. Ouch

Bonus: One retard got arrested for terrorist threats across state lines, definitely one of you dummies:

>On Sunday, a North Carolina man named Garrett Grimsley made a public post on Whisper that sounded an awful lot like a threat. "Salam, some of you are alright,” the message read, “don't go to [Raleigh suburb] Cary tomorrow.”
>When one user asked for more information, Grimsley (who is white) responded with more Islamic terms. “For too long the the kuffar have spit in our faces and trampled our rights,” he wrote. “This cannot continue. I cannot speak of anything. Say your dua, sleep, and watch the news tomorrow.”
archive.is/P4SL0

Dollar signs on variables scare them. Same reason people think perl is hard to use.

I don't know how I didn't see it coming, but you gave me a good laugh

If one were to start this project, how can we take this model and decentralize it

Make an option to host phone as local server for a particular area? Or hand over hosting to businesses in exchange of geo location based advertisements

>Yeah I honestly enjoy PHP, not sure what everybody's problem is with it.
keep meming vanilla PHP, it WILL catch on and everyone WILL embrace Apache/SQL and stop trying to use JS for everything

Around here Java has taken over as the backend god. Php jobs are few and far between

Kek

what about distributed decentralized blockchain cloud?