The best way to learn about technology is growing up poor. You didn't throw out tech...

The best way to learn about technology is growing up poor. You didn't throw out tech. If your parents bought you a laptop and you got a virus, you knew damn well you weren't getting another laptop for at least 4 years. You learned how to reinstall Windows in 3rd grade. When said laptop can't keep up 2 years later, you installed a lightweight linux distro. When you work your ass off at 10 years old mowing lawns, giving half of your money to your parents to have hot food on your plate, you can't afford a fancy prebuilt computer. 10 years old was when I built my first computer. I used that computer daily until the PSU fried all the components 7 years later. When you got a heavily used Kindle Fire for $50, you weren't putting up with the shitty appstore on there, but if you complained to your parents they'd disown you for sure. I rooted my kindle fire and flashed a ROM. A lot of the time through childhood I was angry at my parents for literally living through the golden era of high paying, secure jobs, but sat on their asses and made $8/hour at Walmart. When I was in middle school, I realised that kids are so bad at using tech because they never had to fix anything in their lives. They just threw it out and ask for another.

Nice blog post, where can I unsubscribe though?

Go back to /gg/.
>captcha: DRIVE CALLE

Your post is so gay it's literally gayer than this gay ass picture.

Can't handle anything that isn't a general or a processor thread?

Your thread is just fucking gaaaaaay. It's phrased almost identically to that fucking faggy picture.
It's overly self congratulatory and masturbatory and serves no purpose and is also GAAAAAAAY.

What am I self congratulatory about? Those are basic computer skills, and I never said I turned out to be a computer genius

>If your parents bought you a laptop and you got a virus, you knew damn well you weren't getting another laptop for at least 4 years
whoever the fuck ever implied you need a new laptop because of a virus?

>They just threw it out and ask for another.
no, they would just take it to a fucking repair shop?

All true.

also have to realize how much computers have gotten cheaper. had i been born even a decade before, probably would have been without a computer until i had my own job at the tail end of high school.

rat life best life

I agree. Another classic example is having to pirate games and fixing whatever issues they had. Not that it's something to be proud of.

If youre so good at fixing tech, help me fix this new hard drive that wont format.

> When you work your ass off at 10 years old mowing lawns, giving half of your money to your parents to have hot food on your plate, you can't afford a fancy prebuilt computer
Literally stopped reading after I saw this, wtf OP, kys. Nobody wants to hear your story when you first sticked your dick in a PC & having an inspirational story just because your poor

Bitch please. I grew up on fucking DOS and had no internet.
Don't act like you know everything because you were poor.

You learn it because you love it. I never got a laptop and I had to steal my neighbor's internet because my parents wouldn't get with the times. Take your sob story elsewhere. Many had it worse and know more than both of us.

I never said I knew a lot about tech now. Rooting a tablet, building a computer and installing Windows are basic tasks.

That's not growing up poor, that's growing up with good parents and taking responsibility for yourself and your possessions. While you think that this was due to your family's poor fortunes and necessity, it was really due to your family's virtue and ethic. Which you should be more proud of rather than looking to make yourself out to be some kind of victim. Plenty, if not most poor people are extremely wasteful, don't finance properly, or take care of their possessions. Plenty of rich people are the same. I don't know what the exact proportions of this deleterious mentality exist in either socioeconomic class, or if you could even make a well-defined measure of such, but it's certainly not exclusive to either one. A lot of rich people are as conscientious and parsimonious as you think you are.

I don't know why everyone on Sup Forums is so salty OP. I agree with you, half the reason I got into tech was because I was dirt poor. Couldn't afford to play sports because no health insurance, we only had one car for my parents to get to work, was raised mostly by my grandmother who was not all there mentally. My family had 10 dusty ass books and I read through them all. I'd beg to go to the library every week just to get more. When we finally got a computer and internet access because my dad's job provided it, I was amazed at how much content there was - and almost all of it was free. I ended up making enough money doing freelance tech stuff that I never had to take a job flipping burgers or doing retail BS. Nowadays I make more money than most college grads because I've got years of experience building software - instead of a piece of paper that says I can sit through bullshit for 4 years straight.

The literal state of Jamal

Larry page and Sergey brin were spoiled brats with their parents being researchers and physicists and stuff and they made Google.
Bill Gates' father is a lawyer, and a good one. Had the monopoly on software in the 90s.
The list goes on and on.
I like your story user, as opposed to most people here but it doesn't add up.

and you are gayer for having this picture

rebuild partition table and format as fat16