It's used by brainlets to make glorified brochures

>in browser
>backend, server software using ruby, python, php
>general purpose scripts using bash, python, lua
>cross platform desktop applications on win linux macos using qt
>cross platform mobile apps for ios/android using qt
>embedded IOT/robotics using brainfuck
>muh javascript

It's true but python is still way more convenient for everyday scripts.
Asynchronous js (inputs, etc.) is overkill for simple scripts.

t. unemployed neet

real software is not made in sjw pajeet web languages

>he does multiple things sequentially

>web languages
You don't seem to understand the difference between a web API (DOM, etc.) and a scripting language

Rewriting the Linux kernel as we speak
Stay tuned for KernelJS

Yeah, sh is a scripting language, but I wouldnt make an entire medium-to-large program with it

thats because you don't work with high abstraction CS problems, JS is lisp + Algol if you can't see that you are just a pajeet.

>It's true but python is still way more convenient for everyday scripts.
only a brainlet retard can't see javascript is python with braces and much better engine.

you are missing espruino, espruino.com/

> Much better engine

Holy shit mang when's the last time you compared them. I use both at work and Python is a huge timer saver with literally faster runtime. Plus, the now standard asyncio lib makes it stupidly simple to get 1-to-1 node.js scripts.

I just don't see the point, node is just a sea of incompatible libraries and unstable language. Python 3 just werks and doesn't require a bazillion libraries to work because most of the useful stuff is builtin and already optimized.

> inb4 global interpreter lock
Do multi-process, that's why processes exist.

HOE DOES THE NODE EVENT LOOP WORK EXPLAIN IT TO ME
THEY SAY ITS CONCURRENCY BUT HOW CAN THAT BE DOES IT SWITCH BETEEN EEVENTS??!

concurrency is a hoax it uses threads.

kek

I'm writing a react native app. JavaScript is really a hinge on performance especially on android and there's no good navigation solution yet.

Flutter looks much more promising although I'm not keen on Dart but at least it supports types.

As someone who works making car navigation systems and dashboards i can vouch for the use of QT.

Learn Javascript for anything other than absolute necessity and you'll forever be marked with the stigma of being someone whose life's ambition is to make "sleek interactive pie charts and fancy scrolling" look EXACTLY like everyone else's "sleek interactive pie charts and fancy scrolling."

If that's what you want to do with your life then, sure, there are plenty of day cares that will accommodate you. Not everyone fits in the service sector, so synthetic jobs have to be created for the socially incompetent as well.

Full JS RDBMS when?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_JavaScript_libraries

Vanilla JS is all I need for making websites.
Everything else is bloat.

>Netscape hires Eich to design a small in-browser scripting language that could replace clunky Java applets
>they tell him to hurry the fuck up so that they can ship before Microsoft
>in 10 (ten) days, Eich steals^Wborrows some ideas from Scheme and Self and throws together a terrible new language
>Netscape's marketing department insinsts on slapping "Java-like" curly brace syntax on top of it, which makes it even more shitty, and gives it a Java-like name
>they ship this fucking abomination
>everybody laughs, but hey, at least they're first

1996-2005
>JS is full of serious flaws, warts, design errors and idiosyncrasies
>nobody treats it seriously
>the butt of every programming joke
>some people use it to display clocks and falling snowflakes on web pages, though, so other browsers adapt it

2005-2016
>the web keeps growing as a medium
>a book called "JavaScript: The Good Parts" comes out. It explains how half of the languages is absolute shit that should be avoided at all costs, and the other half is just regular shit that can be used only if you're extra careful around its countless design and implementation errors. It's wildly succesful for some reason.
>also wildly succesful are libraries such as jQuery that attempt to hide the language's inherent shittiness and behind 200 tons of abstraction
>a generation of "Web 2.0" kids grows up picking JS as their first (and often last) programming language
>unwilling to step out of their comfort zone, they insist on using on using their familiar toy as a general-purpose language

>suddenly JavaScript is the greatest human invention ever, "Lisp in C's clothing", "Lisp + Algol" suitable for "high abstraction CS problems" (), "python with braces" (), "the most useful language you can learn" or some other stupid fucking shit

kek

/thread