/guts/ thread

/guts/ thread

Other urls found in this thread:

rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96709-LLC-(Load-Line-Calibration)-not-working-Bios-fix-required-ASAP
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

classic 560

old

Guts R8/H8

what cards are those?

The warm kind

very bright / ten

Probably a GTX 480.

classic guts user, very nice

thought so

I've been waiting for this!
I Re-did my old Loop because it was full of alge
Added 120mm rad
GTX 1080 to replace a 780ti
Removed motherboard Waterblock.
Gtx1080 2,150mhz 34C load temps
2600k 4.6ghz 41c load temps.

Lighting is a bit Bright
Otherwise fine

Looks like gtx480 or a GTX 580

I'll always stick to air cooling because I'm too lazy for water cooling, plus I don't like the odds of slightly fucking up and having everything broken.

sup

Needs RGB

Hell no

oh shit famalam

I've been looking into upgrading from my 560 to a (slightly) newer card. How good are GTX 670's?

>1200 watt PSU
>single CPU and GPU
god you're retarded. Pic related with 8 SSDs and 8 HDDs only pulls 900

i have a 1000 watt psu with one cpu and one gpu because i wanted 1000 to

>keurig
>pablo.jpg

i have a 750w gold for a G4560 and a gtx770, fight me

A 1200W PSU delivering 600W will be more reliable than a 600W delivering 600W.
When you have the money for it, it's a good choice.

If that's your machine, then you should have some brains, don't disappoint.

I miss my 560ti 448. It was such a good card

Not really, they're rated for that power delivery. Anything less than like 90% load will have minimal benefit

I58600k

>560 ti 448
>good
that's like saying being brutally anally raped feels good. it was about as fast as a 6970, costed nearly as much, and used more power. nvidia had to release because the regular 560 ti was getting stomped on by the 6950 and used more power than it.

but hey. back then no one gave a shit about power consumption. people didn't even care about performance. all they cared about was the logo. even today people really don't give a shit. they only use it as an excuse why they are so fanatic about nvidia. amd right now could come out with a card that face fucked nvidia and people wouldn't give a shit outside of a small faction that are actually honest.

>gtx770
~210 - 250 watts of power
>G4560
30 - 65 watts

toss in everything else.
>hard, motherboard, ram, poorness
>~100watts
>total:
~385 watts out of 750. you could have easily gotten away with a 500-550 watt unit but desu the amount of power you're using, a 750 is fine even if its overkill. considering if its a good (gold doesn't mean its "good") power supply it can easily serve for other builds down the line.

at least its not a 1200 watt power supply with a i3 and a single ssd. not even a dedicated video card.

Oh yes, they are "rated" for it, enjoy the 3 year warranty and the instant it brakes after the warranty ends running a 600W PSU at constant 600W load. Because they are indeed just "rated" for that.
You're still a moron.

COFFFFEE LAKE

Specs

8700k delidded
GTX 1080 Ti
CL14 16GB RAM
Noctua DH-15

Anyways, I don't want my computer running at 1200W if I can come by with 600W, stupid to pay more for electricity if you don't need it

henlo /guts/

well, 2 responses
1- Sup Forums response: fuck you nigger you were supposed to fight me this is autism

2- i had an evga 450bt first, then during the black friday sale i was thinking of buying a 550G3. they stayed around 80-90 but evga sold the 750g3 for $70 so i bought that and it's been working fine desu, definitely a good step when i get a i5 or an i7 soon. g4560 is way better than i thought it was going to be but i want i5/7 for epeen

You should put a larger figurine in there to hold up your sagging card.
Also why do people watercool cpus these days when it's really the gpu that needs it.

A larger figurine wouldn't help my card at all.
I'm planning to watercool a gpu later down the line as well, but I'm not watercooling a fucking 960. I'll upgrade to something like a 1070 once my budget allows it and stick a water block on that.

>Noctua DH-15
What temps are you getting with that thing?

>showing idle temps

thats when its idle alot and when I game never hits above 60.

you happy now?

hi

Got this (((((NUC)))))) a few days ago.
Using a HDD is painful, waiting for a friend to bring me a small SSD.

Whats the point of these retarded threads? Its literally pointless, just google PC parts and watch it there.

looks ULTRA DURABLE

E7400 2.8ghz OCed to 3.5ghz on Pentium D copper slug stock cooler.
2*2G+2*1G DDR2 800
EP45-UD3L
1x Hitachi 160GB sata
1x Seagate 160GB pata
1x Maxtor 160GB pata
9400GT

>nzxt case
mien negro

get a 4 core chink xeon for maximum speedo

Still haven't tweaked it more, it just werks.

For the most part all it does is play DayZ, DCS World, BF4 and run firefox, so don't really need more cpu power anyway..

Back in 2009 as a all-AMD man I upgraded my socket 939 to a phenom2 x4 965 and overclocked to 4.1ghz on water.

Went on a trip to my old home town for a few months and bought a temporary rig locally for next to nothing; a e7400 and a p45 board, overclocked to 4ghz on air.

I was absolutely amazed by the performance, everything was way smoother than the amd.

Sold the AMD and got x58.

Rate my 5 years old gut.

jungle out of ten

PSU's DONT WORK THAT WAY DUMBSHIT

Get a better cooler, some good fast ram, and fucking floor it. Those LGA 775 Gigabyte boards could really overclock.

If anyone here has a 775 prebuilt, there's a very good chance you can use SetFSB to overclock it, but it's only software overclock so it goes off every time you shut down the PC

t. OP with T3400 prebuilt

>didn't specify if it was overclocked or not

Looking into an Gigabyte 1080itx, def staying at 1080p tho.

>CLC

*puke*

What motherboard is that? and what bios are you on?

Easiest way to simulate a large tower cooler in a case with no room for such. Not like I or anyone else for that matter knows unless I tell them.

>he can't tell its an aorus

Wow that is a very nice build.

Props on taking it outside for the lighting.

yes its overclocked you, at 5.0 ghz to be exact

Which mobo is that?

Really don't want to invest more into this ancient dead platform, most I'd do is swap out the 9400GT for whatever I can obtain for free or pennies.

At least get a better cooler. Any halfway decent modern tower cooler can mount to 775 and 115x, and would do a far better job at cooling than the Pentium D slug cooler.

its a gigabyte z370 gaming 7. on bios f5e since that was the latest bios available when i put it all together last week.

I gotta admit it's quite a nice looking rig. Did you make that window panel yourself? As far as i remember that is originally some fan mesh shit.

What vidya do you play?

Sup Forumsuts

PSU has been changed to an RM750x, but otherwise its the same.

ASUS Strix-E Z370

the autism is strong in you i see.

have you tried not being autistic and just using a regular computer?

>look ma', i put the cpu cooler fan on the opposite side!
>look at me ma'! I'm pulling xD
>so edgy on 4chaners xD

XPS 430?

Dell Precision T3400 with a Q6700
SetFSB pushes it to 3.05GHz

>Did you make that window panel yourself?
ya i did. it came with a mesh panel like you stated with 200mm fan mounting holes. which the fan is impractical to use if you use a tower cooler like i am. cooler master for awhile was selling an optional transparent top lid but by the time i picked up the case, they stopped production of it. so i just picked up a 1/8 12 x 12 piece of acrylic off of amazon for $10 and cut it myself with my jigsaw.

right now i'm mostly playing a heavily modded skyrim special edition, pubg, rust, and heavily modded fallout 4.

kek

>triple-channel

>is that a server PSU?
>6 slots for RAM, 4 filled
>SCSI ports and is that miniPCI eXpress?
>Styrofoam mounting for the IDE HDD and SCSI HDD with IDE adapter?
Ok, I gotta ask, is that fucking RAM in the miniPCI eXpress port?

I ask about the bios mainly because it seems like gigabyte's gaming series has a propensity to brick itself sometimes.

not op but nehalem was a triple channel platform. you would be an absolute idiot for not taking advantage of triple channel.
>hurr dual channel is all you need!
>why u need more than single???????!!!111
not all of us are autistic twats like you.

oh i understand that. i had a z170 gigabyte board back when skylake was the latest and greatest and every 5-6 reboots would cause the bios to corrupt itself and needed cmos cleared to reset it. ended up replacing it with a asus board where two sata ports killed themselves in a single month.... which i replaced with another asus board where i couldn't go past 1801 bios and all bioses after that because they caused my ram to run unstable.

i've learned they're all equally shit when it comes to bios. though asus does have the prettier bios.. but that doesn't make it more stable. i remember when asus had a bios that would fry the cpu because it had a nasty voltage bug when running in offset mode. i think it was either x99 or z170. i know right now with their z370 boards they're having llc issues.

rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?96709-LLC-(Load-Line-Calibration)-not-working-Bios-fix-required-ASAP

i had a 1800x and a crosshair vi hero before i picked up my 8700k and asus had a nasty SoC voltage bug that would fry the embedded controller on the crosshair if voltage was higher than 1.0v. what's funny is that asus was auto defaulting to 1.15v's at the time for any dram ration above 2666. yeah, they fried A LOT of people's boards. even jay2centz was hit by it. took them a month to fix it. and even after the fix they still have the bug but now only if you go above 1.25v's on the SoC but they recommend not going above 1.20v's to be "safe."

kek

Well you'll be waiting a long time, since you have no friends.

why the fuck did you use triple parentheses on a fucking Intel Nuc

I am. The NUC is for my grandma who only needs a web browser and a few other simple things.

>is for my grandma
>Using a HDD is painful, waiting for a friend to bring me a small SSD
Why contradict yourself kid? If its for your grandma to web browse an HDD is more than fast enough. You're just a dumb cuck.

Just upgraded my guts today

>miniPCI eXpress

U wot m8? That's a Pentium 1 era machine.

Why do you have the cables routed along the front? Also you couldn't straighten and tighten the gpu cables up? Simple things that ruin the entire look.

oh yeah. had to replace noctua fans with stock nzxt ones due to them not working for some reason.

any recommendation for good 140mm fans for radiators?

Why would I *not* put a SSD in there if it's free? She might not care much about boot speed (although she does), but she surely doesn't need 500 GB of HDD space, I'd rather use that for backups.