Mechanical Keyboard General - /mkg/ - Thread Into Which Keyboards Are Posted

List the reasons why you bought your keyboard edition.

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed) (embed)
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL (embed) (embed)
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed) (embed)
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

P. T.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Japanese-Replacement-Realforce-108kt1-Sa0100-kt1/dp/B004U8IVMC
massdrop.com/buy/hammer-fidget-spinner-artisan-keycap?mode=guest_open
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=search_list&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0&s[search]=va68m
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1677
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2295
pc-100.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>guyz look at my guns I'm so cool

die /k/ommando

keyboards are a distraction, attempting to fill the bottomless void of utter disappointment and diagnosed mental illness with stupid overpriced consumerist bullshit

>2018 next month
>still not a digisexual

So when are you getting one of these to go with your other big boy toys

next month
The next year always creeps up on me and I fucking hate it.

Could I use these amazon.com/Japanese-Replacement-Realforce-108kt1-Sa0100-kt1/dp/B004U8IVMC keycaps on this keyboard?

I unironically want to buy one of those, but I don't know if I would ever use it, or if I would get so embarrassed/annoyed by it that I'd just take it off.

That depends on how expensive they are. I won't buy cheap toys, where get?

Also can I put them on all function keys and spin them sequentially like cogs?

just ordered one from aliexpress
just want to check one thing, is it cherry profile? i have many tai hao keycaps and it's a lot higher than my fc660m keycaps. afaik fc660m use cherry profile with low stepped sculpture. if i put enjoypbt on my fc660m, is it gonna high profiled? like when i tried with my tai hao keycaps set.

massdrop.com/buy/hammer-fidget-spinner-artisan-keycap?mode=guest_open

They actually come with a cog for each one you buy, so you can cog up your entire f row.

Saw a Steelseries APEX M400 on clearance at a local walmart for $20. Would it be worth getting even though it's not mx cherry switches?

It's cherry profile. One thing though, your leopold stock keycap isn't cherry profile. It's Leopold's own step sculpture 2 profile, which is a little bit lower than regular cherrys

You can get it and desolder the switch then put Gateron in.

Supposedly it has Kailh switches, but I highly doubt they're the retooled ones. If you've never owned a mech keyboard before, then sure get it for $20, but if you already own one, don't waste the money. Instead, waste money on this incredibly stupid $20 fidget keycap that I'm about to buy

>tfw too poor to be a Sig Nig

Get a Zatsava then if you're povo.

But I want to spend $1000 dollars to have a little white anchor on the slide.

>Press key
>Gear spins a little bit
>Teeth don't mesh
>Key stuck in the pressed position
And yet, I'm now really curious.
Imagine the hazard to your fingers if you had the majority of the keyboard like that.

>Imagine the hazard to your fingers if you had the majority of the keyboard like that.
DARE YOU USE THE KEYBOARD OF AGONY?

Ordered from KBDfans about a week ago, with JCEX/FedEX shipping.
How long does it take for a parcel tracking number to even get registered into a system so i can actually track it?

I ordered roughly a week ago, and just today I got a shipping confirmation. Maybe it just took him a while to get all his Black Friday orders out.

I have a shipping confirmation, but the tracking number I have isn't picking up my order when I go to track it

Oh my fucking God, mind reader.

I need to think bigly about this.

This dude right here with the dope tips.

Do the people who unironically use this shit just treat their keyboards as an art piece and don't actually use it?

Which company makes the best mechanical keyboards

The idea is to buy an artisan, take a picture of it, get the upboats, then hope you never have to actually hit the key because you don't want to ruin your artisan.

Leopold

Got my fidget toy today. Had no idea I liked black and gray switches.

Like an actual company, and not some random Chinese shell corp that makes things like the Tada68 and Anne Pro?

Leopold.

Bought my keyboard at a Walmart. Finally saved some cash and purchased a razer mechanical keyboard. I love the clicks, what more to say.

Good to know mommy bought you that keyboard your favorite Twitch streamer uses. You can leave now, adults are talking.

Why do youtubers recommend bad mechanical keyboards, are they getting paid to shill those Logitech and Corsair shit?

Mommy bought me a mechanical keyboard for Christmas. It was the Corsair strafe red switches.

Didn't buy it, I built it. Cause 65% with blues and enjoyPBT is master race

Yes, half the time they literally are getting paid, or smaller guys get free shit sent to them, and they review it thinking it's the best shit ever. In a more respectable community, this may be seen as dishonest or even corrupt, but when it's manchildren advertising to their audiences of actual children, no one gives a fuck.

Now for a quick ad break to talk about the new Corsair K95 fully RGB keyboard from Corsair, featuring Corsair's fully programmable macro switches that allows you to sync up to all your Corsair products from Corsair.

Fuck you, my mom bought me my Razer keyboard from Walmart, and it's way better than your fucking Corsair shit. Strafe red switches feel like garbage compared to my Razer green switches. For gamers, by gamers!

>use keyboards enough to be an enthusiast
>spend large sum of money building keyboard
>pick and choose high quality custom parts
>buy keycaps with the highest quality material and make sure the legends are perfectly dyed, they cost more then the rest of the parts combined
>ruin the whole thing by paying more than the price of the whole thing for a ugly looking, low quality, unusable keycap that some fucker on reddit made in his arts and crafts class
>any aesthetic or professional look is lost
Why do they do this?

>better than mines
Lmfao! Nice fake switches while mine are real cherry reds!

>both posters are actually grown men part of Corsair's and Razer's PR departments

No one is falling for you shit. We get shills in here all the time trying to pedal their shit, you're not any different. Because real gamers know, if you want to game big, you game on the Logitech G810 featuring Logitech's exclusive Romer-G switches that allow you to really enter the game.

Seriously, you should just both go to leddit, then buy a Logitech G900 mouse, featuring Logitech's new LIGHTSPEED technology.

>a hundred (100$) bucks for some shitty keycaps
I just vomited a little

Just bought all this shit. Gonna make custom cables and and sell them to leddit tards and make an easy buck.

Worth?

I wish you well on your business venture, user! Post your website or account or whatever when you're taking orders, I might buy a cable from you because I can't solder finely enough to do it myself.

>Budget
$200 maximum
>Location (continent at least)
France
>Preferred switch type
tactile, mainly looking for MX Blues or Clears
>Layout
I'm used to both ANSI and ISO
>Form factor
60%/75%
>Backlight
idc
>Previous/current keyboards
only trash razer/gaming boards

looking for a high quality board that's well built (metal or aluminum) and nice for typing.
are varmilo boards any good ?

Thanks user. I'll have to set up an etsy or make a quick website.

Your fingers are too big to press one key at a time, Burt you fat fuck.

Does anyone make/mod custom switches? What creations have you made?

I prefer chichlet keyboards, they're also 10% of the price
Am I going to make it?

>fc660m
Uhm you did remember to ask the seller (KBDfans I guess) to add one extra 2.25 Shift key? If not, you're fucked.

it's okay though, at least it's not oem profile like tai hao keycaps which is a lot higher than my stock fc660m keycaps.

yes, and they charged me another $3 and that's best deal because single 2.25u shift cost $8. to be honest kbdfans is one of the best keycaps dealer out there.

try varmillo alu with your switch of choice
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=search_list&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0&s[search]=va68m
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1677

i had one of those and replace the switch with gateron clear. the only downside is the layout which i dumped and changed into fc660m

After typing on Cherry MX Silvers, I'm back on Reds now. Silvers are just too sensitive to pressure for everyday use.

This general keeps triggering me lads. What if I like keyboards but not guns?

How about this magnesium alloy keeb? Is it better than aluminum?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2295

They're the ones with a shorter actuation point/bottom-out, right?
Haven't tried them myself, but was wondering how it compares to blues with o-rings.

Keyclack scammed me, I ordered 110 heavy domes but I only got 109.

Anyone ever order a custom plate?

Who did you go to for it and what method did they use? Find something local or online?

Do you mean a custom cut plate made from a specific material?

Mostly to get my own layout made.
Would be metal if I was getting someone else to do it? Could potentially do wood on my own but getting dimensions correct seems like a royal pain due to limited tools.

Sup Forums a plens

I'm used to shitty keyboards, not even mechanical ones.

I've tried Ducky's browns, and Logitech Romer-G's. I thought they were low quality.

People are recommending me to go with HHKP2 with topre switches. Thoughts, besides that it's hard to customize them?

As an owner of that specific board, it was hard for me to tell a difference between Topre and rubber dome at first. I enjoy it now, but I'm more of an mx-style man.

If you have $200 to spend and wouldn't mind being mildly disappointed and also the shittiest placement of an arrow cluster I've ever seen, go for it. If not, go to your local microcenter or other brick and mortar tech store and try out Blue, Green, and Clear cherry switches.

> try out Blue, Green, and Clear cherry switches.

Those are all terrible switches

>Budget
150 euro max
>Location
Ireland
>Preferred switch type
Silent
>Layout
ISO or ANSI is does not matter
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Yes but not RGB
>Current Keyboard
A shitty $20 Tecknet Gryphon (pic related)

>tfw your keyboard is the heaviest thing on your desk after you mounted your monitor
thanks to the user who recommended me the UC Buckling spring

>60%
>Optical Brown Switches
>Waterproof
>RGB
>$38 bucks +$12 for shipping

Tell me why this isn't perfect.

What do you mean my best? One could say Filco, Leopold, or Ducky depending on what you mean.

>neon pink instead of based standard pink

not a tkl.

You know all these artisan keycaps actually cost like 30 bucks. It's just that money laundering loves to use these pieces of plastic

So can anybody help me or not?

don't be silly, money laundering for just 1550$?
that amount of money could be spent in daily consumables without the need of actual need to put it into the bank also you risk paying taxes for that transaction.

Any keyboard with Matias QC if you prefer tactile or Cherry slients if you like linear

Razer blackwidow

guyz look at my guns I'm so cool

well yeah that's how money laundering works. You do several small money transfers in the ~thousands.

you are right to shame him

by taxes do you mean luxury goods tax or similar?
unsure about other countries, but mine only applies this to international importation of goods over a grand.

Wait, KBDfans charged you? He included it in for me free of charge.

Those 2 buttons annoyed you so much you switched to a 660M? What?

Yes. much lighter, same color, but also more expensive

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Where can I buy?

Leopold.
Filco.
Topre.
Varmilo.
KBDFans.

yeah it is, but there's nothing you can do about it

>ISO

Why?

if it goes over 60$ for private and 40$ for a commercial entity you must pay taxes. The package wont be stopped if its lower that X weight, in case the central government decides to check your moneyrinos you fugged. Also if it surpasses certain amount of money it automatically gets checked by the authorities.

putting down your gun to take a nice pic of your keyboard is something a faggot would do to look cool. this is not keyboard and gun thread.

fun

no bully him

Every single artisan looks ugly when put on a keyboard, this is a fact.

pc-100.com/
They should be doing another group buy soon.

>he doesn't have a cute gun loving boyfriend to succ his dicc

sad

in australia national mail is not checked, dunno if many mail services could still get packages delivered within a couple days if they checked 1% of them. but our mail service is government funded, underpaid. and we don't put the price paid for an item on the envelope.

>is gay

sad

fuck u

nah i aint gay tho