But but but nvidia gimp their gpus to make you buy the latest one

>but but but nvidia gimp their gpus to make you buy the latest one

pcworld.com/article/3240264/components-graphics/amd-quietly-radeon-rx-560-graphics-cards-worse.html

It's okay when AMD does it.

Fucking kikes

Tbh AMD is getting as shitty as nvidia.

AMD BTFO!

why is amd sinking to nvidia's level with their 3gb gtx 1060?

WTF i hate AMD now.

>make a copy of rx480 and call it rx580
>add ad instalation to your drivers
>sell inferior rx460 as rx560
>don't fix overwatch crash for half a year
>muh vega magical msrp
Amd has become so shit that it can argued that nvidia has better ethical practices nowadays

They've still got a ways to go imo but as an AMD supporter i find this unacceptable and any criticism is well deserved. This is jewry, plain and simple.

>Being a supporter of corporation
Do you even hear yourself?

WTF, I love my 2xGTX 1060 SLI even more now!

Patronage is support.

NOOOO STOOOOP

This is scummy behavior by AMD, but are you implying it isn't fucked when nvidia does it?
Are you retarded or a paid shill

>make a copy of gtx 480 and call it gtx 580
>add gpu killing mechanism to the drivers
>sell 110°C gpu's with woodscrews
>list 3,5GB instead of 4GB on gtx 970 and call it a happy little accident

Nvidia has always been shit when it comes to ethic

I don't understand the outrage. Just went to mindfactory.de, one of the biggest online sellers of hardware where I live. Every 560 with less than 1024 stream processors is in some way labeled to differentiate them from the regular ones.

You gotta admit, at least nvidia doesn't hide it

yaaay I don't have to upgrade my RX 460 now

Except that time when they silently released the GTX 860M in both a Kepler and Maxwell variant, with the Kepler one being vastly inferior.

My R9 280 is still playing all games on ultra at 30 fps, and ultra is overrated.
>When R9 280 overclocks to rx 470 performance

the mighty 7950 and 7870.. those cards will never die

>Who even needs central heating when you got an R9 280 warming up the house

fucking cryptoniggers, let them buy that shit

AYYMD, THE WAY IT'S MEANT TO BE GIMPED AND CONNED

>nVidia makes a 1060
>makes another 1060, but 3GB, loses some shaders
>you need to check whether it is a 6GB or 3GB card, something most normies will not do
>scummy nVidia

>AMD makes a 560
>makes another 560, loses some shaders
>you need to check shader count, something normies are guaranteed not to do
>scummy AMD, even worse than nVidia

Cannot we have just ONE non-asshole tech company? Is this too much to ask for?

there's no way this is legal right? I mean manufacturers sell garbage versions of regular models for Black Friday and other sales but they still add or remove some letters from the full model number to indicate it

kek

Are you fucking retarded? Nvidia and tech websites make it clear the GTX 1060 3GB has less shaders on day 1, no one is confused

AMD silently changing the RX 560 specs months later is deceitful and reaks of desperation to clear out those RX 460 that they could not sell

>is milking customers illegal?
iPhone X

>is milking customers illegal
that's not what I asked. I asked "is gimping a product without any indication to the consumer legal"

kinda dick move desu, they should calling it 550/540 not 560.

take a look at msi asus his sapphire they have different clock bios fan power pin etc i'm sure this is legal but yes amd are stupid calling it 560.

GTX 1060 3GB
GTX 1060 6GB

A normie would assume that other than the VRAM, these two cards are identical. We have had 4GB/2GB cards before, which were identical otherwise. I believe we also had 2GB/1GB cards as well.

So no, I am not retarded.

>at 30 fps
So THIS... is the POWER... of AMD.... woah...

Yes, you are retarded, that is the end of that

Close down Logical Increments if you think Nvidia is doing anything as same as AMD conning RX 560 buyers into buying inferior 896 shaders card at the same price as 1024 shaders card

>you need to check whether it is a 6GB or 3GB card, something most normies will not do

That's the first thing normies check, you dildo. It's the next most comprehensive number right after the model.
Back when memory was cheap, some low/mid tier cards had absurd amounts of VRAM that they couldn't reasonably use, for no reason other than impressing normies with a bigger number.

>scummy AMD, even worse than nVidia
>even worse than nVidia
>worse than nVidia
>YOU ARE OF A RETARD? YOU ARE OF THINK THEY SAME SAME?
Perhaps you are projecting?

It turns out that retailers and third party sellers weren't forced to mark them as different cards, so a lot of them didn't. They're already fixing it. Meanwhile Nvidia is selling 2 versions of the 1060.

>tfw I bought an RX 560 without knowing this
>tfw it's the 4GB MSI
Phew, dodged a bullet.

AMD says it was supposed to have a letter in the name like Ti nvidia variants, AIBs didn't put it there

560D, not sure why the AIB didn't use the naming.
It's not like the 560D was released last week or something.

At ultra, my point was that ultra looks the same as high, as long as you put textures at ultra. High/very high with ultra textures is 60+ fps on everything

RTG is an almost seperate entity to AMD. RTG used to be ATI. ATI was better before AMD took over. AMD simply have not given RTG the budget. AMD were too poor to do so and needed to concentrate on CPU's. which is why Ryzen is a success. RTG is a mess and why Raja left for Intel.

>why is amd sinking to nvidia's level with their 3gb gtx 1060?
Atleast Nvidia states it and then laughs at the people stupid enough to buy it.

Did you forget about the 4GB 970 already? Because that went to court and Nvidia lost. It's pretty cut and dry that Nvidia has done the same stuff.

>he expected anything else from rajesh's theoretical gains (rtg)

>buying AMD's graphic cards
Ryzen is good but fuck those shitty gpu's

Raja going to Intel is old news, but it's only just occurred to me that Intel might be about to skull fuck the shit out of AMD and Nvidia with Raja on board. They can throw money at Raja's projects like he's never seen before.

They've promised to talk with manufacturers about it.

>Update:AMD replied to our questions with the following statement:

“It’s correct that 14 Compute Unit (896 stream processors) and 16 Compute Unit (1024 stream processor) versions of the Radeon RX 560 are available. We introduced the 14CU version this summer to provide AIBs and the market with more RX 500 series options. It’s come to our attention that on certain AIB and etail websites there’s no clear delineation between the two variants. We’re taking immediate steps to remedy this: we’re working with all AIB and channel partners to make sure the product descriptions and names clarify the CU count, so that gamers and consumers know exactly what they’re buying. We apologize for the confusion this may have caused.”
Literally getting solved soon and made by greedy AIB's
Meanwhile Nvidia never tried to fix their mess on the low end, despite going as far as having three generations of GPUs with multiple configurations sold as the same card
Fuck you for your baiting OP

That was pretty ethic in comparison to bricking cards through driver updates and denying all responsibility

With the fabs in shambles if they aren't able to get a massive budget for Raja right now they won't have any future

If anyone wants to tldr on the topic here it goes.

>AMD released 460
>people mod 460 to have more CUs and shaders with another bios
>AMD releases 560 and releases statement
>The statement tells the media flat out that the new card is factory flashed 460 and nothing else
>AMD partners get the card and pump out two models
>One models is 460 unflashed but sold like 560
>Other model is 460 flashed and also sold like 560
>People notice this on retailer sites
>AMD changes the wording on their listing to "560 V1 and V2 variants"
>Media posts fake news about how AMD is scamming customers
>people attack AMD

And that time with the 970's.

>>list 3,5GB instead of 4GB on gtx 970 and call it a happy little accident
>buhu i have 4GB but i can't access the other .5 at high speed so nvidia is evil for not lying about 4gb being in it.
i never understood this angle it would have been reasonable to shit on nvidia for fucking up the speed, but this whole "it's only 3.5 and not 4" is retarded because it literally is 4

They'll be able to get a bigger budget than he's ever seen before, I'm sure. I'm also sure they're going to be able to ride out this cluster fuck and bounce back. AMD survived five years of Bulldozer, so I think Intel can survive this.

I love how AMD is always 3-4 steps behind.

In GPUs the 460 is a 660, 660 was released in 2012, 460 was released in 2016, Ryzen was released in 2017 and has gaming performance of Haswell which came out in 2013

2/10 made me reply

2/10? say i'm wrong? please.

zen 2 will be a failure just like fx, they got lucky with ryzen, ryzen still isn't what everyone makes it out to be.

source ~ i fell for the 1600 meme, just bought a 8700k.

(you)
>gaming performance

Why is there such a hug gap between the 460/560 and 470/570 anyway? The 1050Ti is shit but it's popular since AMD has nothing to compete with it. There should have been a 460X with 1050Ti performance, the fact that AMD rolled over and let Nvidia largely steal the budget market is sheer incompetance. 1050 is slightly better value than 560 and 1050Ti is uncontested due to high 570 prices. Even the 550 gets zero attention, everyone only talls about the 1030.

the AMD alternative is widely accepted to be the 470, but obviously power consumption and use case wise they differ pretty heavily

of course, the 470 was only the alternative when it was $15 more expensive than the 1050 ti and not almost $80 more expensive, i guess my info was outdated

You are actually retarded, this is common sense. It's the same thing

FAKE NEWS! Sad!

>huge companies fuck their customers for more money!
in other news, water is wet

This really wasn't the case.
People just jumped the gun and started pointing fingers for no reason.

It sorta was.
They shoud've named 896SP SKU 560D or 555 or 560SE.

I would say it was more of a oversight from AMD and complete lack of product management from their partners.
People have right to complain but I cont see it as a scammy behavior.

>dont
whatever my keyboard is dying

>brand loyalty
Brainlets. All of you.

this nowhere near the gtx 970 cuckotry.

powercoler != amd

also they did the same thing with the 270 like 5 years ago

it's 3.5 because using the last 0.5gb in high bandwidth scenarios causes huge performance issues if memory is the bottleneck, which in gaymen is usually always the case
it's like saying iphones are superior because they have 1.4ghz processors but does that really matter when they throttle down to 1.15ghz almost immediately

it is still 4 gb
>it's like saying iphones are superior because they have 1.4ghz processors but does that really matter when they throttle down to 1.15ghz almost immediately
this is not about "better" or somesuch thing this is about facts and fact is it is 4gb and the phone processor runs at 1.4ghz
of course i am opposed to omitting the fact that it throttles down to 1.15 but to say it doesn't run at 1.4 is plain wrong

> “It’s correct that 14 Compute Unit (896 stream processors) and 16 Compute Unit (1024 stream processor) versions of the Radeon RX 560 are available. We introduced the 14CU version this summer to provide AIBs and the market with more RX 500 series options. It’s come to our attention that on certain AIB and etail websites there’s no clear delineation between the two variants. We’re taking immediate steps to remedy this: we’re working with all AIB and channel partners to make sure the product descriptions and names clarify the CU count, so that gamers and consumers know exactly what they’re buying. We apologize for the confusion this may have caused.”

Nothing to see here boys. It was the AIBs fault for the confusion.

>GT 610 4GB

>usually always

Aren't they basically the same company these days? Didn't Intel start throwing money at them in order to prevent monopoly suits?
Is it not conceivable that both companies are in some type of unholy corporate marriage rather than being as separate as they would have you believe?

more news at 7 followed by an investigate report by anomalous faggot

>Nothing to see here boys. It was the AIBs fault for the confusion.
Yes but there is no reason whatsoever to have two cards with different specs but the same name in the first place. AMD should have given it a new name, RX 555 or something. Even if every manufacturer lists the number of CUs, it's still intentionally confusing and misleading to have two RX 560 variants with absolutely no name delineation.

I love AMD but this is retarded.

896SP part is actually called 560D in some markets.
I have no idea why did they name it 560 for the rest of the world.

yes they pretend to be competition

Posting in epic Falcon thread

AMD-CPU is just fine
It's AMD-GPU that needs to get their heads out of their asses. Wasn't it the other week that they were saying that Vega is getting a hardware revision and that the first batch was a glorified beta version of the card?

The 4GB of memory was something it actualy had thought and not an outright lie. Now the memory access speeds weren't what was advertised, something like 190 out of the 220GB/s because of the segregation along with less rops and tmu and one other component on the chip as well, but gaymers don't know what those are so it's normally forgotten.

I really wish Nvidia would support fucking freesync so we can stop buying amd

>the 1060 3gb and 6gb had different cuda counts
wait what

I'm not sure how this works, but maybe if it has a different name they have to go through the approval process again?

>but to say it doesn't run at 1.4 is plain wrong
Not him but nobody cares about some cherrypicked laboratory benchmarks. It's the end user's experience that counts. If it throttles down immediately then the end user doesn't get to experience the advertised speed. Same with GPUs, if you sell a gaming GPU with 4 GB VRAM and the end user cannot game with that amount it's not right to just wave your hands in the air and say "well it's there but it's just not good for gaming". That's like buying a shitty fishing pole that breaks right away and the company goes "well we never actually said you can use it for fishing". The intended purpose for the product is clear to everybody and that's where it should work as advertised.