Are escalators made in white countries dangerous too?

are escalators made in white countries dangerous too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uZQG5l1giCI
youtu.be/uZQG5l1giCI
nytimes.com/1987/09/17/nyregion/an-escalator-step-collapses-killing-woman-as-she-rides.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

holy shit

>are escalators made in white countries dangerous too?
Chinese safety specifications are virtually non-existing, but it doesn't help that people are stupid either.

If not serviced it would be dangerous.

But in white countries you have to service them, otherwise someone can sue you... So it is kinda safe

Eh probably but diversity hires means the people who made those escalators are gonna be making them over here now

Why the fuck are the running back in?

>immigrant workers / foreign workers / visa workers
>diversity hires
Those are not the same thing.

Chinese people are awful runners

The last one is deliberately, he kills himself after being dumped by the girl on the left.

The first one I'm not sure if he's just angry and clumsy or if he intended to do that. It looks like he is tripping back into the hole.

The worst method of suicide, because lift (or elevator) mecanic will end up cleaning the mess.

It's not worse than jumping in front of a bus or train, IMO. You have a choice of cleaning up or passing it on to someone with the stomach for it, but jumping in front of a vehicle pretty much turns an innocent driver into an executor.

It's pretty common knowledge amongst rekt threads on Sup Forums but the gooks do this because they come from rural villages where there's no elevators so when they come to the city they assume that elevators are always on the same floor as you because they don't understand how they work

>software "engineer" in charge of safety
This is what happens if you leave everything to programmers.

Millenials and their fucking phones. I can't wait for you people to be replaced by generation Z.

How are elevator doors made of sheet metal? If it wasn't suicide these people deserve the darwin award.

Someone post the one where the guy doesn't get out and is squished (unless it's against board rules, then don't).

/r/ing the korean guy in an automatic wheel chair that rams the elevator and falls down.

This still doesn't explain kicking in the door.

Why are they to dumb?

>Millenials and their fucking phones. I can't wait for you people to be replaced by generation Z.
You can't blame him though. Usually you don't expect getting crushed to death inside an office building.

I use my phone in elevators too, mostly to avoid intense awkward situations where there are other people using the elevator with me.

He thought the magic box was already there and tried to impress the grill

You'd think after almost a century of elevators they'd have the elevator firmware down to a science.

Guessing the chinese may have just rolled their own with little research.

Trains and buses have an automated washers, lifts don't.

No. The floor cannot just break apart like that.
The entire floor is made of large blocks of concrete.
You don't need to service the escalators from above.
There is a metal part at the end which connects the escalator and the floor.
It is not possible to get between the floor and the escalator, even if you try to.
The escalators are services regularly (frequency depends on how many people use it).
Some gets serviced every six months, some very other year.
If there is any chance it could fail, it is shut down, turning it into a stair.
If it is really bad, it is fenced off.

You might as well ask how likely a stair is to fall down?

The last one is intended suicide, the first one may be or just some angry bloke that trips.

Don't blame the programmers. Blame QA.

I'm not talking about cleaning the bus or train afterwards, I'm talking about the act of running some jumper over in itself.

Software testing doesn't help shit when the counterweight brakes fails (hint: mechanical failures cause this, not software).

I mean that more control is given to software over hardware lately and it really shows. It's cheaper.

Programmers are not engineers. They are not held to the same standards as actual engineers. "There's always bugs in software" is literally one of their things.

This is what separates engineers from non-engineers.

If a counterweight fails the elevator would be flying. That elevator has unlocked brakes/motors which is caused by software.

>If a counterweight fails the elevator would be flying.
What is momentum

The elevator is clearly accelerating

Login please, Chinese programmer.

(But yes, looks like brakes got loose, or software is Indian.)
By the way, modern elevators are much safer, than old, relay-based

Yeah, the guy fell downwards and the elevator was in an upwards trajectory.

Holy shit, I would probably be dead.

>tfw too scarred to click these
Yes, scarred not scared

she died?

The elevator is moving because of the counterweights. That's normal behavior if the damn thing is freewheeling.

Yes, but saved her babies.

That escalator was broken, there was something on the other side telling to not use it. Notice how she's holding the kid and how there are people waiting to save them.

Got fucking lucky.

>Notice how she's holding the kid and how there are people waiting to save them.
The full video show that one of those women just freezing in panic and the other one just running around in circles.

youtube.com/watch?v=uZQG5l1giCI

Checked, and holy fuck I would have died in that case.

is suicide by elevator a new trend on china or what

See

Well, they don't have guns, so...

NSFW: www liveleak com / view?i=e69_1383626127

Also checked.

That user is just trying to be edgy.

If the failure had nothing to do with software, why did you bring up software engineers?

I didn't, I'm replying to anons that did.

I c i c

If not properly maintained, then yes. In this video the guys who had just worked on the escalator didn't screw the floor plates into place. Just stupidity and carelessness. There are idiots who do maintenance work in the West, too.

Btw that based mom died horribly saving her kids life. She's a hero. No way she could have known and avoided that accident.

>Btw that based mom died horribly saving her kids life. She's a hero. No way she could have known and avoided that accident.
This

>hurr this isn't a Chinese thing

Name a single case of someone getting chewed up by an escalator in the west. I'll wait.

>based mom

There are so many ways this could have been avoided, for one note how she holds her kid -- wtf?!

There was a sign at the bottom saying that it was broken.
Why do you think 3 employees were waiting at the top?
She's no hero.

Don't people get clothes stuck in escalators all the time and get mangled or choked to death?

>sign at the bottom
If this is true, then why is there a another women just about to go on the escalator at the bottom? See , there aren't any signs.

>white countries
I don't think they have escalators in countries like alaska, though I've never been there.

Yeah they're proper death machines but I've never heard of anyone getting ground up by one until this chink shit. This is all nightmare fuel for a younger me.

Read the description, it's just another case of pure incompetence.
youtu.be/uZQG5l1giCI

>Yeah they're proper death machines but I've never heard of anyone getting ground up by one until this chink shit.
There was a woman that got chewed up in New York in the 80s or 90s IIRC, when the step she was standing on came loose and she fell into the machinery.

Found it: nytimes.com/1987/09/17/nyregion/an-escalator-step-collapses-killing-woman-as-she-rides.html

Good God nice find user, what a fucking way to go. Guess I was wrong. China is still a shit hole.

So all it takes is a missing screw? Fuck taking an escalator. Not to mention the fat fucks in this country stand still on them which drives up the fucking walls.