I am thinking about a startup idea (not directly tech related but the online marketing will be):

I am thinking about a startup idea (not directly tech related but the online marketing will be):

Unsweetened bottled tea.

pic related

what do you think about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh_botol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

need wifi integration and online leaderboards if u want VC money

>Unsweetened
Won't sell although I'd probably buy it.
Rote Rakete also sounds like dog dick to me ( I saw that South Park episode)

Ok, I'll bite.

How it would be different from a cold tea that I'd prepare myself? Why would I buy it?

we've already got that shit

"Unsweetened bottled tea" is not a startup idea. It's a product idea.

haha thanks

you tell me

from which country and more importantly which flavor is that?

Unsweetened is hard to sell. Try sweetening it, just without caloric sweeteners like sugar or corn syrup. Maybe use Stevia?

What backwards-ass country are you from that unsweetened tea isn't sold yet?

You need at least a small amount of sugar for stevia to work

Glass is exceedingly expensive to ship, package, produce, and insure.

>you tell me
Nigga, you're suggesting a product, you defend it. Don't be a brainlet.

>you're suggesting a product, you defend it. Don't be a brainlet.
Germany Haha... really

You're quoting the wrong fucking person.

And Germany already sells unsweetened, bottled tea.

Fuck off, take your shit to /biz/, tea isn't technology.

just messing with you.
which types of teas do you drink (green, black, fruit)?

I suppose... but you can certainly reduce the sugar amount to something within reasonably healthy levels.

well, there is a big technology idea behind it "fastest lemonade on earth"

which brand are you talking about?

You are going to need ads that apply to normies and 40+ because most of them do not use adblock.

Gee I don't fucking know, maybe the fucking leader of germany's iced tea market, you fucking dolt?

Good work doing research for your shitty "startup idea"

we didn't find any.
do you mean lipton?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh_botol
Indonesian, appears to be jasmine tea.

x-berry 'essenced' unsweetened sparkling tea.

You need really good bottle/can art.

jasmine tea without any sugar

Go into any asian supermarket, look at their bottled beverages section, and be amazed at the amount of competition you have.

it was just a prototype. any suggestions?

lived in Japan and loved the broad offering in the supermarkets there. need that in my home country.

fucking hell, money laundering by using startups is getting ridiculous now.

try some la croix type shit

bright, vibrant, gives a slight hipster-y vibe + an interesting name.

Don't do the minimal thing go as bright and vibrant as possible. That's the shit people notice on shelves.

what do you mean by that?

Marketingfag here, please don't try your shitty ideas until you have the slightest idea of how marketing works. If you want to actually sell anything you're going to be spending countless hours digging through analytics/numbers to find any useful information

Also a million brands already sell this and it isn't a startup, just an unoriginal idea

>Stevia
Literally makes you sterile.

unsweetened is the challenge, not sweetness
try to level the people for real taste

I'm not even german.

yep we know them, but all of them but one taste boring. worse nobody drinks it, wait...knows this product

>but all of them but one taste boring

Almost like it's unsweetened, cold tea...

>glass bottle

fuck off

I suggest you use blockchain for it. You need decentralization and smart contracts.

You're too late for the tea bandwagon. Wait for the next superfruit craze and make a "organic no-sugar-added" version. Maybe even make a tea version. That's the only way you'll be able to compete with the corperate giants. Even then you'll probably be aquired anyways.

Look up Honest Tea (coca cola) or Nesle teas, etc.

Tldr give up now OP. There's no room in the market.

>There's no room in the market.

let's see. we are talkin Europe not North America. BTW how often do u drink Honest tea ?

Make it traditional japanese-themed, or maybe anime-themed. You could make your own anime girl mascot. If you make the bottle a strange shape, that should help too. The honey that comes in the bear bottle, Mrs. Buttersworth, Ramune (with the marble), all these are memorable.

Literally the only reason I would buy weeb tea is if it cost the same as bottled tea costs in Japan.

Is bottled tea really cheap in Japan or something?

GO read a book called 'the mum test' it will teach you how to properly see if an idea is a good one

big time, so many flavors

This isn't tech related at all

If you're american based, unsweetened won't sell.

I drank it almost every other day for a couple months because it was on sale for < $1 and it tasted decent