I have a 8-hour "hackathon" tomorrow at work. I'm a reasonably competent .NET developer...

I have a 8-hour "hackathon" tomorrow at work. I'm a reasonably competent .NET developer. What could I do that will be fun in a group of 1-4 people?

>.net developer
>hackaton
Subtle trolling?

>What could I do that will be fun in a group of 1-4 people?

Sexual intercourse.

Start act like pic related :^)

A co-op Mono game.

just go in github and fix random issues for people

make a gun and shoot yourself

The people that usually judge these thinks like flashy uses on new tech. Try to do something with VR and Motion tracking i guess?

ₚₒₒ ᵢₙ ₜₕₑ ₗₒₒ

Take the opportunity of no-one expecting any work to get done to not do any work.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

>.NET

some kind of infectious botnet crypto miner hopefully.

(>.

doing your job in exchange for currency and then going home on time would be pretty epic

but nah let's do team building exercises and help stacey and tariq feel like part of the crew! :)

fuck yes I love working as a .net developer

/r/ing that video of a day in the life of a .net developer, can't find it

install gentoo

I get paid for the time I spend on the hackathon. After it's done, we're eating out and having a party.

how's that fizzbuzz in haskell doing bro? keep working hard!

>seriously so delusional that he thinks only .net is employable
>hurr anyone who criticizes my language must be a NEET tinkering with haskell
I'm honestly, legitimately, unironically convinced that all .net developers have ego issues and small penises

what's the general topic of the event?

good ol' "sweaty balls" ballmer

No general topic, sadly. Last year my team did predictive machine learning on some client data, while others did stuff like consuming a public transportation API and using it to display current locations of buses.

Stop projecting so hard

stop projecting

>a public transportation API and using it to display current locations of buses.
that's pretty neat, I know our local transportation department has an API like that but they don't give out access to random people

(>>

D

>group of 1-4 people
group of 1 people

Machine learning facial recognition jew detector

You're not supposed to write something fun. Implement an unsubmittable weird proof-of-concept feature in your main product instead.

For example, if you sell dragon dildos, make a 3d viewer that lets you compare the product to various objects like bananas and fists.

just tell them to fuck off, this isn't what they pay you for

>implying he's not being paid
>implying he won't go home at a normal time
>implying team building exercises was his idea
>implying any of this is language/stack specific

There's plenty wrong with .net and amazingly you've failed to bring up a single actual point.

Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers Developers