There are people on this board who don't create documents using LaTex

>there are people on this board who don't create documents using LaTex
Explain yourselves.

This isn't /sci/

My target audience is people who don't print their documents. I don't need a paper metaphor.

I write my resume in latex. So I learn it again every year.

I haven't taken the time to learn it properly and most of the things I write don't leave my computer anyways

The only document worth writing is HTML. Anything else is antiquated shit.

I used LaTeX constantly through school. For work now though, we use this XML-based standard for technical publications, S1000D.

Kind of curious if you could write a LaTeX class to conform to this specification though. Pic is more-or-less what they define as the "standard" look, produced with XSL-FO + Apache fop. Basically TeX or maybe even groff would be an alternative to that, or you could even create some nice macros to write it completely in either.

I did use LaTeX to convert their equivalent of a "quiz" document type to the exam class for PDF output.

>Unclassified
Do you work for a contractor, user?

That's part of the "default" look. Pretty sure every user of this is a government entity or contracted by one (and yes, no exception here) but their approach to organization of documentation (sort of a Dewey decimal system for tech manuals) interests me, and isn't related to what you actually use to author. They provide schemas for writing in XML and a Word template for example, which is why I'm curious to try other things like TeX or groff.

>type document in word
>use CMU font
>latex without the autism

That's not that latex is about though. Why do you talk about something when you don't even know anything about it?

I don't mind LaTex, but I prefer the LibreOffice suite because I find it quite easy to use. These are just my 2 cents though.

that's cute and all, you can play pretend programmer while you edit your document or whatnot, but some people are done with academics and have more important things to do

Latex has nothing to do with programming though, again what the fuck are you even talking about? I never even claimed to use latex, I'm just pointing out that you have no idea what you're talking about and your post just further confirms that

Have you ever made a 250MB project close-out document in MS word? No? Shut the fuck up then.

But i do. And i hate making tables and graphs in LaTex. Result is very cool though.

shouldn't you be doing your homework instead of backpedaling on a mongolian lawn mowing forum

>Latex has nothing to do with programming
Yeah, sure.
pic related.

Where was i backpedaling?
>Math == programming

That's just math homework, not anything to do with LaTeX necessarily.

>Quest Added: One For My Baby

This. And that time is coming soon again

0/paint

I'm writing a PostScript library to create my documents with Fortran

>posting some guys math homework
>programming

i assume that says NANI?!?!?

>Try fitting some table between some text
>end up basically editing the whole thing
I love the feel of printing a well formated paper, but if my only formulas and symbols are nothing special, then just use word.

Tables just need practice
For graphs, use gnuplot with cairolatex terminal
Or you can use the package gnuplottex, then you can just \begin{gnuplot} plot sin(x)/x \end{gnuplot}
Your pic looks cool btw

Close, it says nande. Meaning "why?" as opposed to "what?"

It's pretty unreadable, but it's not hard to write that stuff. And that's really the most important thing.

I use groff

You can set * to be cdot in equations.

I usually use R to make my graphs and generate tables.

I use groff because I don't want to download 2GB just to make a document.

You don't need that with latex.
Strip away packages you don't need and most important, documentation and it won't take up 2gb.

There's a reason why it's called texlive-full. You're installing packages from other tex variants.

Takes too fucking long to write a single document. Word's equation editor does it simpler and faster.

org-mode (which you can convert to HTML, PDF, etc) is much better.

>Word's equation editor does it simpler and faster.
It really doesn't.

I'm a NEET.
What the fuck do I need documents for?

Documenting your personal projects maybe?

Commonmark is enough for me.