Chinese Thread - 中文主題

Statistics edition

Discuss Chinese language and culture. Feel free to talk about Cantonese or dialects in addition to Mandarin.

Resources for Learning Mandarin
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu

Resources for learning Cantonese:
guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/

Other urls found in this thread:

how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12024&PN=0&TPN=1
youtu.be/3esUMTQGc34
youtu.be/Zt2PuFlibZY
youtu.be/G97_rOdHcnY
youtu.be/Bbp9ZaJD_eA
youtu.be/2zxc27bvrO8
youtu.be/F5FlN-NBGo8
youtu.be/dLF12O_6YiI
youtu.be/j3AW1uKj2aE
youtube.com/watch?v=tWAZpkN9cWI
ankiweb.net/shared/info/2003820603
youtube.com/watch?v=5HjfI0n7JIM
youtube.co/watch?v=3wV8B4bx1lM
amazon.com/First-100-Chinese-Characters-Simplified/dp/0804838305/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1471737444&sr=8-3&keywords=chinese characters
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroke_order
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for Chinese Girl Feet (CGF)

right now in about day 3 of using spoonfed chinese and just finished pirating pimsleur which I've heard good things about.

Someone posted this in a different thread and I enjoyed it so I thought i would share
how-to-learn-any-language.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12024&PN=0&TPN=1

Anyone whose used spoonfed for a while like the results?

gieb torrent 4 pimsleur

>tfw no 小狗

Recommend Sup Forums some Chinese pop songs for learning Chinese
youtu.be/3esUMTQGc34
youtu.be/Zt2PuFlibZY
youtu.be/G97_rOdHcnY
youtu.be/Bbp9ZaJD_eA
youtu.be/2zxc27bvrO8
youtu.be/F5FlN-NBGo8
youtu.be/dLF12O_6YiI
youtu.be/j3AW1uKj2aE

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:5cc694052419a05fa13d9e3708c4ca07732e9c9f&dn=Pimsleurs&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fzer0day.ch%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969

enjoy homie

Also I'm considering dating a fob girl just for chinese pratice worth it or not?

>get asked "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF OUR COUNTRY" when in a country that constantly executes people
>surprised it's (((positive)))

youtube.com/watch?v=tWAZpkN9cWI

>just for chinese practice

why not just go for a tandem partner then

>tandem partner
yah it's probably for the best but i think it would be great for complete immersion

but also kind of a dick move if all interest you have in her is "full immersion" and nothing else

also, is the pimsleur guy some elaborate Text to Speech?
Voice is the same on every course

ankiweb.net/shared/info/2003820603

spoonfed chinese anki deck I've liked so far and have heard good things

>first day of work in chinese restaurant
>talk to coworkers that are fluent in dutch and some chinese dialects
>am the only one from canto
>ask me to say a few swear words because bantering around
>i say "diew leeke moke chauw hai" something something stinking vagina (bad at pin yin lmao)
>what they actually meant was something like pokkai
>they get a bit angry

also thanks for listening to my blog

nasty

lmao CHING CHONG BING BONG

I'm on the exec board of my school's Taiwanese student association and I'm 100% white(german) does this make it look like i have yellow fever?

i want to learn
what's the best way

learn pinyin then learn tones then you're ready to start characters (grammar is about the same as English t.b.h)

what resources to i use

have you even looked at the OP you mongoloid?

(pinyin)
youtube.com/watch?v=5HjfI0n7JIM
(tones)
youtube.co/watch?v=3wV8B4bx1lM
(Characters)
amazon.com/First-100-Chinese-Characters-Simplified/dp/0804838305/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1471737444&sr=8-3&keywords=chinese characters

and why were you working in a chinese restaurant? racist if you aren't related

He said he's canto, didn't he

yes and them hiring him because of it is racist. it wouldn't be racist if he weren't or if he were family of the owners

没有共产党就没有新中国!

just finished two of the pimseur lessons this is tricky anything recommended to approach reading?

Hong Kong movie seem to suck

Helios is a good example

And then there's another one I seen(at least near the end while my father was watching) which I found quite ridiculous.

There was one that impressed me with some guy Kung fu-ing the fug out of some cops

Then it became kinda shitty.

How to save HK cinema?

create Jackie Chan 2.0

I haven't seen Chinese in Sup Forums yet....

谷歌在中国被屏蔽。So you won't see many Chinese flags. If you do, they've bought a Sup Forums Pass so they don't have to captcha.

The Chinese here will all be lurking or proxied into another country, and they'll get their proxy banned if they admit to using one.

Hua~~ I didn't know that
Are you Chinese?

So is America shart then?

We need someone with a big nose for that

There are probably 10 unique PRC posters here.

A few post with VPN. Captcha is just slow as fuck.

Google China still exists. It's just throttled to be much slower than Baidu.

I tried a few months ago but I just can't differentiate tones 2 and 4. Everything else is super easy.

下間香欲
嚮位鼻吾

by 箜王下紫

how do you guys approach writing charcters or is it just fuck it?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stroke_order

my northern brother any tips on this journey you can give?

hello

你好嗎

I was thinking about buying a copy of the I ching the other day.
Man,that book is huge and expensive.
Maybe at christmas time.

小日本?
日本鬼子?

Spoonfed chinese is the most fucking amazing thing ever I'm not even joking I seriously feel like I could get fluent with nothing else

Don't put hanzi on the front though fuck that. Pure listening.

I haven't tried pimsleur for chinese but in general I can't fucking stand language learning resources that are mostly English

I wanted to buy physical copies of the Hanyu da zidian but
>$700

gearbest + aliexpress/chinkshit general?

It wasn't THAT expensive.
It was around 5900 forints for the first part and then 5900 for the second part,I think that is around 21 dollars/part.
I am too much of a jew to pay 42 dollars for something.

really? I feel like it's teaching me hanzi as well but i don't know if i'm just using it as a crunch.

how far are you with it?

i love my zircons so fucking much

Nej,
This is more about language and culture.
Check over at They have a thread up and they are a nice bunch

你好支那畜共
我々日本人憎悪中国犬共
行地獄 ^ - ^

I learned mandarin at an American university for 3 years, then dropped out in after the recession caused my family to go damn near homeless.

I've forgotten everything since then since there's really no one around me to practice speaking. Every time a Euro circlejerks about how many languages they know, I just remember how cursed I am to be a.) speaking the lingua franca of the century and b.) living in an area with a 200 mile radius of people who pretty much only know English.

Except for those cunts in Cicero. Hopefully Trump will deport them back to Mexico.

>tfw you love Chinese history and culture, and would love to read the 13 classics in original but you can't tolerate the language

Ching chong ling long ting tong, how can such a refined society have such a hideous language? This isn't fair!

I'm about 1000 in, so not too far, but I definitely feel good progress. I know japanese so I have no problem with hanzi, but I think the advice I'm trying to give is not to have both on the front at the same time. If you have both the listening and the hanzi on the front, I think you'll end up not training either as well as you could otherwise. So, even if you want to have sentence cards in hanzi, I think you should have 2 cards for each note, one pure listening and one pure reading. But I also just don't feel like reading sentence cards is nearly as useful as just reading material that is approximately your level. The problem with sentences is that often parts of the sentence work as hints for other parts of the sentence due to memorization. Like, you hear "feet" and you're like "oh, that's the sentence about putting socks on". With listening I think this isn't a big deal as long as you make sure you can catch all the words, but for reading I think it hurts a bit more.

I think hanzi are best learnt outside of the spoonfed chinese deck. My rec would be to have a separate vocab deck (possibly with example sentences) and through some sort of magic such as peaking ahead at the spoonfed chinese deck, just make sure every word has already been added to your vocab deck a day or two before you end up seeing it in your vocab deck.

You can still try the hungarian translations.
Or the english ones

Went to a bookstore and found some Cultural Revolution era Chinese readers targeted at Chinese learners. The stories are actually pretty advanced level stuff and seem interesting. I feel like there weren't too many Chinese learners back in that time.

chinks are scum

Back before the internet anyone serious about language learning had to actually go to the country and spend significant time there

True. And that still remains the best way to improve your language abilities.

Beautiful user. Are the Hungarian translations any good? I was gonna go for the English ones (you know how Hungarian translators tend to mistranslate things).

It's not a method of language learning. It's a method of immersion. Talking to a chinese person in china or watching a chinese movie in china isn't any better than doing the same thing in any other country. Going to the country just gives you easier access to those things.

The Translation of Tao te King by Weöres is rather good.
I would recommend getting the pocketbook edition you see on the shelf.
A vörös szoba álma is a shit translation,it contains only 50 chapters and it's based on the german version.
Si King is great,our greatest poets worked on it.
You can't go wrong with the art of war that much,there are a few translations out there.(A hadakozás regulái vs. A háború művészete)

Also,good luck finding any of this shit.
The last edition of the Annalects of confucius in hungarian was printed in the 80s.

>
Find a chinese m/f qt, to help you learn. I have a girl who I call with each day, reading texts and helping me pronounce.