Redpill me on the pixel 2 Sup Forums

Redpill me on the pixel 2 Sup Forums

Is it worth the money?

It's an Andropoo phone so it's shit. Seriously just buy a fucking iPhone like a normal human being

It's the best Android phone currently.

Tell me an alternative and I'll tell you why it's inferior.

"Is it worth the money?"
NO.

I really like it. My only complaints are the lack of headphone jack and the shitty proprietary charging cable

>usb-c
>proprietary

No sd slot
No headphone jack
Dumb Bluetooth earbud accessory that nobody likes
Bitch battery on the non xl
Google services inescapable
iPhone prices

Fuck you if you buy this

Moto Z2 Force

Samsung S8
Literally best phone

It's great, the most responsive Android experience I've ever had, far better than the Galaxy lineup. Also fuck Bixby.

>like a normal human being
>Android has held a higher market share since mid-2010
"Normal" human beings must be the minority.

>Inb4 Android market share is only so high because of pajeets
Nope. Manufacturers didn't start making dirt cheap Android phones to conquer the poo in loo market until way after 2010. Besides, it's only going to lead to people reminding you that Apple opened a plant in India for producing the iPhone SE specifically to try taking a piece of the curry market

How about that new OnePlus phone that's wrecking every other phone?

>moto

Locked down shit for retards

Enjoy not having basic necessities like system wide adblock

Affordable but low quality shit that gets abandoned after the next iteration. No treble and awful community that consists entirely of poorfags and guaranteed pajeets.

HTC U11+

I'm waiting.

S-On/S-Off ensures your warranty gets void
HTC just isn't a popular brand/phone if you're into rooting to get adblock and such. You'll definitely run into issues due to the obscurity of the device.

Are you fucking joking?
>HTC devices basically birthed xda-developers

Also in europe they can't fuck you over for flashing it, I never had problems with it and flash/root HTC phones since 2009.

They let you unlock the bootloader on their homepage. I think they're more open about it than Google is desu.

Isn't it a defective piece of shit that bends and break?

China literally spies on you

qwant is your friend

Yes.

>Is it worth the money?
It would be, but the lack of a headphone jack is a dealbreaker for me.

It costs more than a Oneplus 5T and actually offer lower performance, battery life, specs, and a headphone jack.

What do you think, smart goy?

Wait, there is no headphone jack? How are you supposed to listen to music? Is google retarded or something?

shitty bluetooth headphones that stutter and are out of sync with videos often.

>bluetooth
What is it? 2005?

Razer phone

This

Fucking lol no they're not

Check the u11 xda page. It's a ghost town.

Only appealing aspect is the 120hz screen. Everything else is shit. Reviews said the screen has some splotches and some screen door/mura effect to it

They haven't even posted the stock images yet and it has been nearly a month since release.

u11 was a shitty phone but there's still multiple ROMs available. Really not that much AOSP, which is weird.

But check the HTC 10 and older.

What the fuck would you miss? Magisk root was available basically day one for me.

Good phone, not worth the money at all.

It doesn't matter how much roms old phones get. HTC is dying and it isn't popular, that's fact. Buy a HTC phone for modding and you're asking for trouble. And for stock experience other vendors provide a much better experience.

Bootloader unlocking on Google phones is literally "fastboot oem unlock" unlike the gay retard shit you have to do on HTC devices like registering and visiting their site to get the unlock then fucking with the partitions of s-on that further hinders Android development.

Normies doesn't like it, devs doesn't like it, it's expensive and another generic device with no redeeming features.

LG V30

Bootloader unlock voids the 2 year warranty because you need to register the imei to get the unlock key.

No root the last time I checked. I checked now and there's still no root. Despite some models supporting bootloader unlock. And the cause is....

The device is *extremely* fragmented with bootloader unlock capability varying from region to region.

What high-end phones can I buy these days that are properly unlockable with registration bullshit, Sup Forums? Headphone jack required, money no real limitation.

*without registration bullshit, fuck

>captcha: europ calle

This is subjective though. I'm personally way too tired for ricing, rooting and installing custom roms, I just want to use my phone.
I was hoping you could convince me to get the Pixel 2 because I'm really on the fence between it and the V30. The only reason I'd get the pixel is if the camera was noticeably better but so far I've read many conflicting reviews and there doesn't seem to be a consensus

>3300Mah battery
>$1400

1st Gen pixel

I don't rice. I have a job and a family to take care of. I root simply for utility.

The only cosmetic change I've done since rooting is centered the clock it doesn't appear on the right.

Last time I checked you can do 99% of ricing without root with substraumtum and only things like custom fonts (why) and boot logos requires rooting/unlocking.

>$1400
Speak for yourself Pajeet, the 30+ variant is only $900 in civilized countries
What utility do you get out of rooting besides adblocking?

Any phone with treble is worth it at the moment.

These are the root apps I'm using. Also running a custom kernel with self calibrated screen colors and less aggressive clocks for better battery life.

It might not seem like much but I'm holding out the the prospect of xposed soon for more added features.

It's for the signature model, alright.

>pajeet
lol, I'm Swiss, your country is certainly a shithole compared to mine.

This and the s8 are top dogs. I prefer the s8 but the pixel 2 is good, camera and audio are much better but the s8/s8+/note have the best display on the android market

Surprised that the QC hasn’t been mentioned yet. Between issues with the hissing, faulty fingerprint sensor, and the biggest of them all, the screens on the XL makes it all seem like playing a gigantic lottery. Reading about people going through 4+ RMAs and at that point why bother anymore?

Sure you can buy it and there’s a chance it’s great, because otherwise it’s an outstanding phone. But google needs to pull its head out of its ass if it wants to compete on the same level as apple and Samsung.

Thanks, saved this image for future reference
>the LG V30 is a decent phone
>lmafoo it's $1400 xd
>no it's not
>but look at this random obscure custom model I found it's more expensive lul
autist

>Overpriced as fuck
>Thicc ass bezels on the small model
>No headphone jack

Just get the oneplus 5t if you want stock Android

>Andropoo
I thought these shitposting names were supposed to be clever at least. Jesus Sup Forums

Qc is absolutely undeniably an issue. It WILL take several tries to get a screen with minimal blue tint. The tint isn't visible head on. The problem is the variance between them. Good ones won't appear until 130 degrees and the tint would be nearly nothing. Instead of having a light hint green or orange tint like Samsung oleds it goes slightly blue instead.

Bad ones it appears at 110 degrees and it looks like a fucking baby blue overlay.

As far as actual hardware defects go they're rare and far between.

>1st Gen pixel
I don't think anyone still sells those. What about something more recent?

I would wait a couple of months and buy the v30, that phone has great gimmicks.

Yeah, yeah, I got it, I was talking about signature model because it was the first link in google. Ah ah, joke on me, right ? Now go do whatever you do in your shithole, "pajeet".

International note 8 has an unlockable bootloader but you'll be stuck with TouchWiz forever.

Development relies on one or two devs but it's there. Root, xposed, you name it.

Drawback is that you need to forget completely about monthly security updates. You'll be at the devs mercy.

You can't just flash root and xposed over stock Samsung roms because they're odex and would result in a bootloop. But as long as you're running a custom rom you can do anything, mostly.

I am planning to flash cyanogen, or whatever it's called these days. Does that work on the note 8 without immediately losing my warranty?

One option I am considering is the onenote 5. It's not quite as high end, but it's root-happy. Thoughts?

higher market share in countries that dont matter

Samsung has a hardware fuse. Once it's broken the warranty is void. They're the only manufacturer who does this and it's irreversible.

International models don't have warranty most of the time anyways, they're sold as gray market models and Samsung likely won't honor it unless you send it back to the country of origin, which much be France, Algeria, Singapore, who knows.

No asop roms for note 8. Only modified stock roms.

Honestly, if the Pixel 2 didn't exist I would probably pick the international note 8 over the oneplus because I like a higher resolution screen. If no note 8 then I would stay with my current phone a month or so to see if the razer phone gets rooted and get that. If that doesn't work out then I'll would probably reluctantly buy the op5/5t.

i would buy the pixel 2 if it weren't for the ridiculously large bezels.

i dont need 16:9screen or super bezeless but this is too much for my taste

I'll probably buy one in a few months when my Nexus 5x self destructs.

>see if the razer phone gets rooted
Shit isn't locked you can just slap su into the factory image dipshit.

Well, my current phone is hours away from shitting the bed, so I can't wait much longer.

Where I live, it's the shop warranty that counts, not the manufacturer warranty, so I'm not sure Samsung's practices actually matter here; I'll need to do some research there.

>No asop roms for note 8. Only modified stock roms.
It has lineageOS builds though, I think.

>see if the razer phone gets rooted and get that
It has no headphone jack, correct?

And pray that it doesn't bootloop with no way of reversing back?

Not sure, I don't own one. You'll have to check xda. It didn't have lineage last time I checked.

S pen will always be on and so will other useless sensors like the blood oxygen sensor, heart rate etc. Using anything but stock on a Samsung device guarantees a battery reduction.

TouchWiz isn't so bad if you have root, xposed, and the ability to make low level changes with a kernel.

The headphone jack thing doesn't bother me. Dongles provides an objective, measurable, and actually perceptible difference over built in on devices that aren't LG/HTC/Apple. A Note 8 with a pixel 2 dongle will sound better than the built in 3.5mm jack.

I preordered a Pixel 2 to switch from my iPhone 6s Plus. I wanted a "smaller" phone and decided to get the Pixel 2. Ironically, the phone has a Jay Leno chin and a Christina Ritchie forehead, so I'm not getting much pocket room back. It's way lighter though, and easy to use one-handed with tiny hands.

It's guaranteed updates through Android R, which is the main reason I bought it. It's also snappy, and the only times it hiccups are when a userspace application is shitting things up. Android is more pleasing to use than iOS in their current iterations.

Every Android flagship is essentially the same, and every Android flagship is technically inferior to iPhone flagships. We're in a weird period where Android has better software/worse hardware, and the converse is true of Apple.

Project Fi Pixel 2 > Iphone 8 plus > Iphone X > shit > samsung/lg/htc/...

Whew lad, really showed him

>And pray that it doesn't bootloop with no way of reversing back?
Why would it matter if it bootlooped? Stick the fucker in fastboot, god damn you are a stupid fuck, you probably use play store apps to root.

Any phone with a removable battery and a headphone jack

>fastboot
and then what?

v20

it actually matured quite well with a tight community. they are doing some unique stuff with the second screen.

trips confirm for truth

normally i would agree. but ios 11 is that cancerous i have sold my iphone 8 for a pixel 2...

Nexus 5 (2013)
Come on, beat this.

Fite me

Is it good now?

Why is it better than the Huawei mate 9?

Since the original Pixel is pretty GOAT, I suppose the successor is more or less the same.

only if your a bearded ginger hipster sunbather or a bobcut middle age chinese lady or whatever ugly person demographic google is targeting with their annoying commercial

Zero after sales support.

almost bought one for $150 from that sprint promo

couldn't get over the teat

too obscure

Hey faglords. I need a way to download snapchats on android 8.0.0. I have magisk and its rooted, but since theres no xposed I cant use snapprefs to snaptools. Wut do?

hold rovo at gunpoint and force him to code xposed for 8.1

i'll start a gofundme page if you need help buying supplies

I love it, use a gcam port and the camera is good not great but good. I have some minor software instability at the moment but I'm used alpha twrp to flash beta Magisk onto oreo beta so that's my fault. Every negative thing I've heard software wise before getting this phone I haven't noticed so they must have been patched. Besides the camera software that is, that's still pretty bad but you will only use it with the 360 camera
You missed out. As someone who said the notch was the ugliest thing I've ever seen before buying the phone I stopped noticing it the next day and when the status bar is black you literally can't see it

if you wait 1 year I bet the notch will be half the size or completely gone

Possibly yeah, but I don't mind it as is now

A famous school shooter uses it, thats a good enough reason to use anything

I have a 2 xl, it's a great phone. Though my first one through top speaker wasnt working. My replacement came in today, both front speakers actually work. The phone is still great regardless

Why is it better than my Mi Max 2

Essential Phone