Is there a browser that doesn't bloat and doesn't use all processing power available...

Is there a browser that doesn't bloat and doesn't use all processing power available? This piece of shit becomes unusable after being open for 2 hours

Other urls found in this thread:

stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
contemporary-home-computing.org/RUE/
idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=tefielQeHZY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ihli_guFhkU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

werks for me

it's the pages that you browse, not the browser
every webpage a shit
spying, tracking, data-mining

>browser
>doesn't bloat
Impossible if you want any sites to function. Palememe is actually one of the better ones i've tried when it comes to not being bloated.

The problem isn't browser design or bad programming necessarily, but simply how many bloated shitty standards the browsers need to implement in order to be able to load web pages these days.
I have a minimal Debian VM, which uses about 1GB of RAM. 900MB of that is the fucking browser.

>Is there a browser that doesn't bloat
Dillo, Links, Lynx, NetSurf, surf, w3m

>and doesn't use all processing power available
cgroups

Werked on my machine for the past 5 years.

Sadly I don't think any of those support Javascript, which is basically a requirement these days. Hell, you can't even post on this board without it.

How do we take back the internet user?

Reposting:

Net Neutrality is a big concern that a lot of anons have been talking about lately, and we've seen arguments from both sides of the issue.
One of these arguments is that losing Net Neutrality will cause websites to get throttled unless you pay extra to an ISP,
and even then, some sites may still get throttled.

This is a very good point, but allow me to bring up a separate issue that some autistic anons and people in tech
have brought up in the past that might actually have a relation to this Net Neutrality concern.
That issue is of website bloat. I've seen anons bring this issue up on a few occasions, complaining about the
inherent bloat created by Javascript and other related interpreted languages, libraries, and frameworks
being used on the web. These bloated technologies can also very easily be used to spy on us, which is part of
the reason for certain popular web browser extensions such as NoScript and uMatrix.

The thing is, it's not just people on imageboards complaining about this. Many people in tech have brought up
this issue as well. Our lord and savior, Richard Stallman, includes a reference to an article on this topic
in his "How I do my computing" article, saying that he agrees with it and that it inspired the layout of his site.
stallman.org/stallman-computing.html
The article is one by Olia Lialina, author as well as Co-founder of the Geocities Research Institute.
contemporary-home-computing.org/RUE/
In this article, Olia makes a case against Web 2.0. Although it does not directly relate to bloat, it does
bring up the idea that users are not creating their own experiences on the internet, but are merely following
the shaped experience predefined by the author, hiding programmability and customizability of a system.

She also brings up that old Web 1.0 maymays such as peeman.gif, despite their crudeness, offer more expressiveness
than what is provided by modern sites. "because it is an expression of a dislike, when today there is only an opportunity to like"
It is my opinion that these shaped experiences also contribute to bloat.

Another person who has shared this sort of view is Maciej Ceglowski, who has released a talk/article
entited "The Website Obesity Crisis".
idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
In it, he explains that websites have become needlessly bloated, with one of his opening points being that a single tweet nowadays
is larger than a full-length Russian novel, and that even sites from Facebook and Jewgle that should be about reducing this bloat
are extremely and unneccessarily so. He also brings up the point of "Chickenshit Minimalism", or minimal sites that are still
overwhelmingly bloated due to Javascript shit.

This idea has been shared on Jewtube as well, with Bryan Lunduke creating "The World Wide Web Sucks", which has similar views as
the Ceglowski article.
youtube.com/watch?v=tefielQeHZY
He discusses the immense bloat of a browser attempting to load a common website such as CNN.com, in comparison to great software
achievements such as the system used the Apollo 11 Computer, or the original DOOM. He ends this talk by suggesting that the web should
return to HTML. Even Terry A. Davis brings up bloat, although referring to software rather than websites.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ihli_guFhkU

So what does this all mean to Net Neutrality? Well if sites will be throttled, these bloated designs will have a hard time loading
on a slow connection. Hell, some people already have trouble loading them even with Net Neutrality!
But the idea of reducing the bloat and returning to an older web can have an impact here. If websites are throttled, owners will
still want people to come visit their sites. So a possible solution for them is to get rid of the needless Javascript, simplify
things, and thus have a site that will load very efficiently under the Net Neutrality-less internet.

I say that we use Net Neutrality as a means of killing off the bloat of the World Wide Web.
What are your thoughts?

already made a thread about this a few weeks ago and basically got told "you retard, it's all the uncompressed pictures not the javascript contributing to page size"

Compress the fucking pictures

Dunno what you mean, PM is the only FF fork that can handle my hundreds of tabs. My only complaint is having to rely on old versions of add-ons. All I need right now are ways to screencap and/or save multiple tabs separately.

>This piece of shit becomes unusable after being open for 2 hours
Windows 10 is your problem.

javascript isnt much of the size, most of the bloat comes from it running on your pc

Anyone using their new browser Basilisk?

Is Sup Forums contributing to web bloat?
How do we make internet BBS sites without things like javascript?
Is the point to return to emailing lists for group communication?

>falling for the retarded furfag meme browser

That's nice larp but net neutrality is about bandwidth hoggers like netflix and youtube. Websites are slow because javascript is slow not because there is a lot of traffic.

This. No browser is gonna help you escape the wrath of shit teir JavaScript """developers""". Unless you install something like noscript, or an add-on to suspend your tabs in the background, you're gonna be at the mercy of an infinite number of pajeet code monkeys, taking an infinite amount of resources, to produce complete works if bullshit.

I too, can vouch for Pale moon. It might not be the fastest, but the only real downside is lack of addon support. You can still install older versions through the mozilla site though, so it isn't that bad.

Give uMatrix a shot (get 1.1.4 from github) and check your other addons for possible bloat. It does hog RAM sometimes, but I never experienced problems as bad as you describe - even in my pleb days when I used to DL huge mega files in the browser itself.

Kill yourself dogfucker

The Palemoon site has some special PM forks of various add-ons.

I've never met a single person who complains about browser "bloat" and actually understands browser architecture. Feel free to prove me wrong and explain what uses memory is being allocated for that you disagree with and can't easily configure to disable.

I'll wait.

>thinks all bloat complaints are about memory allocation
>didn't read that OP was specifically referring to processing power / cpu usage
>hasn't bothered to research the kinds of code bloat that PM tries to remove
Feel free to prove me wrong and explain how memory allocation has anything to do with any of this.

I'll wait.

Yeah, it's great. It covers just about everything one needs nowadays. It's too bad that uMatrix seems to have abandoned PM support recently - here's to hoping someone forks that.

Firefox

Your reading comprehension is awful.

>that doesn't bloat and doesn't use all processing power available?

He's making two distinct complaints.