Ryzen 5 1400 or 1300x?

Ryzen 5 1400 or 1300x?

They are almost at the same price and i don't have the guts to overclock, but the 4 extra threads could be good?

The use is gaming.

Motherboard: B350ET2

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/60034/hacked-intel-coffee-lake-8350k-running-z170-motherboard/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>i don't have the guts to overclock

Don't be fucking retarded. It takes 30 seconds to go into the BIOS and change two numbers. There's zero risk. You're going to have to go in there to activate XMP if you don't want your performance to be complete shit with Ryzen anyway.

Set voltage to 1.3
Set GHz to 3.7 or 3.8
Activate XMP

done, it's that easy

just buy intel. amd is garbage and if you don't want to overclock then amd will be absolute std infested toxic garbage.

Good, 0.01 has been deposited in your Intel Rewards

Ryzen 5 1400, its a no brainer those extra threads help

1400. Even if you don't overclock, 300 Mhz more doesn't help that much while 4 more threads can help quite a bit in the many (modern) games that can make use of more than 4 threads.
Also, more cores and threads is the current path forward for CPUs, so the 1400 has more longevity.

>Ryzen 5 1400 or 1300x?
None, get the Intel i3-8100 or wait(tm).

Intel's i3-8100 is on-par with the 1400 and faster than the 1300x while being cheaper than both. This is just for the CPU, though, the price of the motherboard may matter to you. And the price of both isn't that much compared to RAM.

If you have the option of waiting two months then you should probably do that. AMD will be releasing some new CPUs early next year. It's not unlikely that there will be cheap R5 1400's around that time.

Just in case your prices are widely different: I'm looking at 1149 SEK for the i3-8100 and 1639 SEK for the R5 1400. It's pretty obvious which of these similarly performing CPUs give you more bang for the buck right now.

Fucking this. Theres literally no reason to buy ryzen garbage with coffeelake around.

There's a reason why one is r3 and one is r5.

>People actually believe this
Enjoy your locked down processors that's using the same socket as the last 2 gens, with the only incompatibly being that Intel said so.

tweaktown.com/news/60034/hacked-intel-coffee-lake-8350k-running-z170-motherboard/index.html

>literally no reason
Don't wanna sound like a troll or nothin' but you're marginally wrong.

>buy Gigabyte GA AX370 Gaming 5 and Ryzen 1600X CPU
> four months later the motherboard just randomly dies
> randomly as I turned my PC off, went out for a few hours and when I came back the status light on the motherboard was off and the PC wouldn't turn on
> RMA'd the board and ordered a cheap $90 motherboard with same-day express delivery because who's got time to wait
> still haven't built re-built the system with the Gigabyte motherboard

If there's a good sale on Ryzen CPUs then I'll probably just one and put that one Gigabyte motherboard. It's a better board and I should probably use that instead of the current one.. but this works and I don't see much reason to mess with it for the extra features. If I can get a Ryzen 1400 for 1000 SEK or a 1600X for 1600 SEK or something like that then I'll do it. At today's prices, though.. no.

Don't care, and nobody else will either. I've never replaced the CPU when I've bought a motherboard/CPU/RAM set ever and with today's prices I'm more concerned with the possibility of re-using my RAM on new builds anyhow. You're implying that someone who bought a Z170 motherboard and a CPU would want to replace that CPU already. That's just silly. CPUs will last'ya 5 years and by that time enough has changed (PCIe standards, USB standards, RAM standards, who knows).

Not really. I upgraded from an i3 2120 to an i7 3770 last year, if he gets the Ryzen his motherboard will still be compatible with new CPUs that come out in 2020 which will give him a much wider upgrade path than any current Intel.

For me that's a large factor when deciding upon a purchase as it leaves the chance for a significant upgrade without needing a new motherboard or RAM or anything.

To extend to that, if someone bought an i3 6100 I'm sure many would upgrade to the 8100 on their same motherboard if they could simply because it's a cheap upgrade to a quad core that would offer much better performance, especially in cases that take advantage of the extra cores like gaming or rendering.

heh, on that generation you're totally right, there's an actual difference between the i3-8100 and earlier i3's.

The i3-8100 even beats the i5-6500 from the previous generation - which they are still selling locally for 1999 SEK. This was Ryzen's competition at launch. And now there's the i3-8100 at 1149 SEK which beats it.

Regardless of this: Fact remains that I've never not bought motherboard/CPU/RAM at the same time myself, it's simply not been worth upgrading until years later and everything's changed. Of course.. Intel going from 2 to 4 cores on i3's and 4 to 6 on i5's gave a huge jump in performance for the first time in a decade so it was a really dick move to require new motherboards while re-using the same 1151 socket.

Even years later though, if you've bought something like an r3 1300x you can upgrade to an r7 on the same board of a newer generation for much cheaper.

I myself went from an i3 2120 to an i7 3770 and it was a massive upgrade in performance. Speaking from personal experience it's a much better value option to take future upgradability into consideration.
I even got the i7 for 120aud in an auction which made it even more worthwhile.

>poozen
20% slower IPC than intel and maxes out at 3.7ghz even with liquid helium cooling

why bother

Purely for go gaming? No video editing or encoding? Then the 1300X (or even the 1200 if the price difference is $20 or more) would be your best bet
Your basically buying a $100-$130 Skylake i5 in terms of performance. It'll run games just fine.
(You)

Here I am at 3925 Mhz, ryzen

Why even bother caring when the GPU is most likely gonna to be a bottleneck?
Just get the 1400 if they're almost the same price, it'll age better thanks to 8 threads and you won't be forced to upgrade for a little longer.

wow a whole 3 (three) point nine gigahertz. meanwhile intels regularly do 5.0+

rip amd

Why are you moving the goalposts?