What good / interesting sites exist in i2p? Is tor more interesting to explore than i2p?

What good / interesting sites exist in i2p? Is tor more interesting to explore than i2p?

Only ~400 listed sites, mainly russian, a lot abandoned!?

Other urls found in this thread:

geti2p.net/en/docs/naming
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Tor was never made for hidden services. Anyone who tells you otherwise is an absolute moron.

This Maybe I2P is better but the only thing worth it has is the IRC, the mail and nntpchan.

main advantage of i2p is that, it's written in java.
however, java 7 or 8 (i don't remember) broke a lot of shit

Personally I see i2p having a lot of potential as a hidden layer for otherwise not intrinsically hidden services - other than just webhosting, that is. For instance, routing ipfs over i2p, or monero transactions over i2p.

OR

LESS

HOSTS

there's also that C++ rewrite called i2pd. seemed to work alright the last time I used it.

I2p is a protocol, of which there are multiple implementations, you fucking imbecile.

This is how ignorant your average Tor user is, everyone. Shame because Tor is actually effective for accessing clearnet.

>java
>advantage
java is one reason why i2pd was made

one of these years i will update my stupid static eepsite
fuck i have to upgrade it to the eddsa crypto shit too

Is there a guide on how to set a site? I want to put a gopherhole myself.

you just flip a switch that turns the built in jetty server on and you drop index.html in the right directory. also if you don't leave it on 24/7 you are a bad person. i can't believe how many people did that with their sites.

always wanted to use i2p to run services but it's such a fuck up just my time dealing with it isn't worth the cost of a VPS

so i2pd is just a meme

I'm new to I2P myself, but could you test this out:

Hostname: gopher.khzae.i2p (just registered, probably won't work yet)
Base32: ql4l3ftj7lmrt5lxincilpey6czhphmozl2typgumaieysy7jf4q.b32.i2p

I was able to connect via a tunnel on a separate VPS so it seems to be working. One thing I noticed though is that because Gopher links contain an explicit hostname and port (there are no "relative" Gopher links), connecting over the "standard" tunnel setup doesn't work very well (clicking a link in a normal Gopher client would send you back on the clearnet).

I'm sure there's a better tunnel setup to work around this, in the meantime redirecting all traffic going to khzae.net:70 to [tunnel IP]:[tunnel port] on the client worked.

Since this is still pretty experimental I decided to use a separate Gopher server. The address doesn't change of course but if you want to use a Gopher client, the port is now 7071.

Here's what I did to get it working for a normal Gopher client:

1. Created a "standard" I2P client tunnel on 127.0.0.1:5678 with the Base32 address as the destination

2. Set up REDIRECT iptables rules which redirect traffic bound for khzae.net:7071 to the tunnel:
# iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d khzae.net -p tcp --dport 7071 -j REDIRECT --to-port 5678
# iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -d khzae.net -p tcp --dport 7071 -j REDIRECT --to-port 5678

Then you can just connect as you normally would. Example with nc:
$ nc khzae.net 7071
/
iGopher over I2P! error.host 1

I just wished postman had more decent stuff to download. Right now it's okay for getting some newer TV shows but not much more.

How long do I need to have my router running to actually act as a relay for a decent amount of traffic anyway?

I2P site = eepsite
I2P gopherhole = eephole?

How do you get a domain on i2p?

geti2p.net/en/docs/naming

I applied for registration with stats.i2p. If it gets accepted it will appear in their hosts list which others would be subscribed to in their addressbook.

I added an I2P HTTP mirror of the I2P Gopherhole. This should work out-of-the-box with the default I2P HTTP proxy:
5rxgt7ppz6newvgfugr4iwxf26pazhhdzst64aqoklhszhbvsira.b32.i2p

Thanks.