When will we get intelligent anime waifu desktop assistants?

When will we get intelligent anime waifu desktop assistants?

The moment you realise bonzi buddy was already a thing.

BEST waifuu~~~

So, it's a net navi?

Never realized I really wanted this until now

Given the post apocalyptic "internet of things" future that is being pushed at us, we might as well need one.
A device you can actually trust that you use to remove the viruses from your everything.

>Has Feelings
Why do you retarded neckbeards autistic fucks always get this wrong?
This is the biggest mistake everyone always makes.

She kind of reminds me of mai waifu with her blue hair.

Anyways.. I'm not sure what the actual use for this would be and I'm not sure I'd want one on my desktop computer. There's actual apps that are similar to what's described here on Android, though. They are not very good or useful but they do exist. And they will probably get better.. but still be pretty useless. And pointless. It's not like you can hug a virtual girl on your computers desktop when you go to bed.

If you don't want feelings, we literally already have this stuff. OP's pic basically describes a glorified antivirus. Assistants that can respond intelligently have also been a thing since Siri years ago, and have only improved.

You still can't waifu your antivirus or assistant software, though. That's the one definining feature of something like this.

I find it amazing how people hyped that "hologram" waifu in the tube, when it would work just as well and much more easily if it was simply a desktop program.
Yet we still don't have anything like it.

Feelings are bullshit.
You don't want your antivirus to get pissy at the wrong time.

Also why does it have to "love you"?
It's working for you in the first place, such feelings aren't necessary for a good relationship and good workflow.

Not to mention, IT CAN GET TIRED.
WHY?!

best virus/faux desktop assistant coming through

Because user probably wants the illusion of a real companion.

>Also why does it have to "love you"?
Is this your first week on Sup Forums? I don't even watch anime and used to be a "weeaboo get out" poster, and even I can see the purpose of something like this now

>You don't want your antivirus to get pissy at the wrong time.
Then literally go install a modern antivirus and you literally have something like in the OP but without feelings.

>Not to mention, IT CAN GET TIRED.
>WHY?!
Agree with you on that point. If it's the main antivirus on the PC though, I'd imagine something like this would still execute background scans and checks even if the "AI" is "tired".

>Aqua
Enjoy your shit taste user.

the technology is there, but not many people want it

Take Cortana/Alexa, a "free virtual girl living on your desktop" app and an emotion-from-speech detector, rig this shit together with a shaky web API and bam, you could make dozens of dollars from some drunk guy who accidentaly buys it instead of winrar

surprised no freetard neckbeard has made one of these for their linux meme os

>Megumi
Enjoy your even shittier taste user.

I'm just sitting here with Lalatina and we're laughing at you peasants

I've been debating building this for month. I have non-botnet, always on speech recognition working, an API and Live2D for art assets. But I seriously cannot find a use for it.

Like what would NEETS/users want it to do? Talk to them, what topics would it discuss with you considering it doesn't do anything all day but sit on your computer with you? Read and send emails? Generate shitposts? I struggle to find something pragmatic, that it can do better than hitting a button.

Are you seriously saying you have the know-how but don't have any ideas?

Did you try asking on Sup Forums what fellow vir/g/ins would want?

w-what happens if you remove her restraints?

>I have non-botnet, always on speech recognition working
Can you make Alexa but non-botnet? I'd unironically enjoy a voice-activated meme for simple things like setting a reminder/alarm, asking about current news/weather, managing my schedule. If something like this was readily available I'd also probably get some smart plugs/bulbs or something to control the lights and heater.

The main reason I have never considered any of those home assistants is because they're botnet incarnate. Up till now I thought that non-botnet, high-quality speech recognition and natural language processing was too difficult to implement. If what you've got actually works well, then that would be pretty amazing and I want it

As for ideas: other than "smart home" management, it could notify me about incoming communication ("Hey, you have a new email from X!" "What's it about?" "It looks like they want to schedule a meeting next week, about 'some keywords here'." - a lot more pleasant than just a beep and a flashing LED), use those to track various events (e.g. amazon deliveries, replies to my posts in some support forum which has email notifications, etc.)

Basically a lot of things can be done better by hitting a button but people are lazy and this avoids the need to actually hit the button

Yeah the voice recognition uses PocketSphinx and some Python. You will probably need to calibrate it for your home setup, a PSEye mic (because they are cheap) and something moderately powerful like a spare laptop with Linux to host it.

Yeah the setting up meetings thing is something I've thought of but how often do people really do that? Like I had it controlling my lights for a while but I also made a shortcut on my desktop and found that clicking the button was much faster and didn't have a chance of ''not being understood''.

>have a chance of ''not being understood''
Modern home assistants, when properly trained on your voice, seem to be really pretty reliable from what I've seen. Does your implementation suffer from more issues? If it's something like early Siri, then it may indeed not be very useful.

If it's reliable enoug, though, it's good for when you're not sitting at your desk. Say I'm lounging in my bed, I could just say: "Meme, turn off the main lights and turn the heating up a bit, please" and bam, no need to get up, or alt-tab out whatever I'm doing if I'm on my laptop.

Then there's the email thing - it's not just about setting up meetings, it's more about getting an idea of who sent you what. Say I get a notification on my phone. It will beep, and blink the notification led. I will grab my phone, unlock it, swipe down to get the notification bar, THEN I can view the subject. If I could just get a voice telling me "Hey, X sent you an email with subject Y", or perhaps even use some language processing to try to exctract the main point of the email (are they asking me a question? Do they want something from me? Are they answering a question with some statement? Is the main line freestanding or is there context included? Then it could either read out the point of the message - "they are asking if Z", or "they are asking: Z?" - or extract some keywords from the accompanying context ("they have a question involving A,B and C, and they want to know Z"). Don't know how feasible that would be.

Plus for notification emails it would be useful. For instance, probably ignore github emails, since if I want to check that I'll probably get on my PC anyway - unless I'm waiting for a particular notification (e.g. for a reply on my issue). Then track amazon (or even other) packages, so I could ask "hey when's the X I ordered arriving" and Meme would be like "it got despatched this morning, but is still not marked 'out for delivery' yet and estimated to arrive tomorrow".

>Implying it wouldn't be backdoored