What do you guys think about chromeos or Chromebooks in general?

What do you guys think about chromeos or Chromebooks in general?

botnet

Buy a Xiaomi.

shitty web apps.

How many threads are you shills required to make each day?

They're absolute shit

They're comfy. The only problem is that apps will lag or crash when RAM is low. You need at least 8 GBs.

Better than standard linux because they support HiDPI displays

I'm thinking about getting one for school they seem nice because I use Google docs and all that shit anyway

I think I'd rather not have a computer than use that shit. Fuck off shill

I would use it but then again...Im not a chink

underwhelming botnet that has become another example of google abandonware

Chrome OS is shit. The pixelbook looks amazing though, might buy it and put Arch or something on it.

Absolute pieces of shit.

I would love, love to get a pixelbook to do work on. Great display, battery life, heard the keyboard was decent but I can't install a proper editor and crouton is not very reliable since it all hangs on the will of one(1) guy working at Google being willing and able to keep it up to date in his free time.

Anything google is garbage

make sure you are able to unlock the bootloader before purchasing one the way google is headed i feel like they would have it locked down

Pair it with pic related, and you're fucking golden, my goyi... friendo! :^)

Chrome OS is Gentoo though.

Chromebooks are perfect for normalfags. Unfortunately, none of us are normalfags.

It's great for sandboxing your "normal" life from everything else though, if you're not living in mom's basement.

unironically this. I'm not shilling for them swear on me mum. They're hella cheap used, hella light, dece battery life, and you can get them in developer mode and put ubuntu on 'em and get a real shell rather than the abysmal web based shell that ships standard. Don't go out and buy one, but if one falls in your lap one day, make it an everyday carry one when you don't want to look autistic as fuck carrying around your actual machine.

latest ChromeOS update allows you to install android apps

keyboard works natively with this game

looking at installing a linux desktop on my chromebook via crouton anyone ever done this before?

yes it is brain dead simple

Pretty spot on. I would've never bought one for myself, but since I got one for free (an Acer C710) two years ago, and after upgrading the ram from 2GB to 8GB, It's literally the perfect note taking, web browsing and general normalfagging.

>chromeos or Chromebooks in general?
shittier level OS running on shittier level hardware. more shekels for google.

is that a rape whistle?!

cool looks pretty damn simple just never messed with linux before so was kinda unsure but screw it ill just jump right in. only doing it so that i can run steam

and kodi since arc welder isnt working for me :/

Use a cloud ide or ssh into a Linux server

cloud9 is great
disclaimer: i work for aws

it's the work of satan

i love mine desu and i enjoy it more than windows cus everything is really snappy. i use my laptop for browsing, media and light office work which can all be done really easily on this. and got my acer cb 14 for 145e unpacked. android apps are plus i also play gba games on it.