HELP!!! Computer does not want to wake up

What do I do anons? I have an exam on Monday and I need my computer to study I put it to sleep last night and it won't wake up today. H3LP!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI
arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1142171
amazon.com/Rosewill-Adapter-External-Converter-Portable/dp/B06WVDK9QD/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=16WJFMZ5Z959FTSFNAS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would use it as an exquese to not take the exam.

Turn it off and on again.

We're not your personal tech support. Buy a new computer.

But it's finals, after these I'm free until next semester. If I the excuse worked, they'd just schedule me for later.

Plus, I don't mind taking the Machine Vision exam. It's the Control's exam that has me worried.

Turned it off, won't turn back on.

Use a fucking school computer. I guarantee their library has 30 machines not in use

Jesus christ. This is the future of our tech community

Their library computers don't have Visual Studio Pro

And if you get rescheduled, you will have extra time to read up on it.

that sucks user.
too bad there's not a single other IDE in existance.

Update: finally got it to boot, My best guess as to why it was having issues would be either the power supply, the clock battery on the motherboard or the motherboard itself.

They don't have any IDE's in the library, The technology center when most of my classes are have computers with Visual Studio, and CodeCocks. But those labs are usually closed on weekends.

Try pouring some ice cold water in it's face/monitor. Slap it! Nothing could sleep through that.

install gentoo

install gentoo

youtube.com/watch?v=OSCiMbMVDLI

tutorial video that should help.

put fucking Eclipse on a fucking USB you absolute mong

Maybe the power supply pooched? Try looking into that. Does it "power" on? Do you atleast reach BIOS or very basic function?

holy shit Sup Forums has become pseudo reddit

install gentoo

whats a computer?

alt prtscr reisub #busier backwards

When I got it to power back on it went immediately into Bios

Is your HDD okay? You might have coreupted the OS or something. You may be able to get away with copying the important files off the drive (If you can), installing Win 7 again then replacing the files you want/need.

Do NOT turn it off and disable Sleep. Back up your files NOW.

I'm horrified people still exist who haven't accumulated three or four spare PCs with at least one as an updated spare. Relying on one computer is retarded.

After you take your exams, get another computer operation before fucking with that one. If poor, beg or dumpsterfish or work glory holes. Just asking your classmates may yield machines they no longer use.

Back up to the cloud because nothing you do concerns the Illuminati. If they contact you about anything tell them I want a job. They can find me as they find you.

Backup really important files to burned media. Autspergs HATE burned media but I've never heard of malware that can nuke a finalised DVD.

Build yourself a kit to install OS and apps to bare metal on any PC. I keep Windows and Linux live USBs with everything I want to install in a handy small plastic fishing lure box from Walmart. Include live rescue media like a WinPEish custom .iso (FalconFour is outstanding) and current Ubuntu (for drivers) at minimum.

Thinkpads are great spare (and main) schoolputers and there's one cheap enough for any poorfag. They are a delight to work on.

I have 1 SSD and 2 HDDs. I don't want to try unplugging drives though because turning it off at this point seems like a gamble I don't know if I'll have issues turning it back on again.

>wake up inside
>can't wake up

calm down user, I do have a spare, I have a windows 98 in my closet.

I also have two bootable USBs, one with windows and one with Linux...though I did loose the windows one. the linux one is sitting in the console of my car.

I do need a new computer anyways, I needed a new one 3 years ago. But the one I'm currently using had a good enough graphics card to run Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor so I didn't upgrade since 2011

SATA supports hot plugging, or you can use an external USB adapter which everyone should have in their toolkit.

arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1142171

I use one of these but any with good ratings should do the job.

amazon.com/Rosewill-Adapter-External-Converter-Portable/dp/B06WVDK9QD/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_147_lp_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=16WJFMZ5Z959FTSFNAS8

Win9x isn't much of a spare, and live USBs don't save you from hardware failures.

I didn't say anything about upgrading. If a PC does the job well enough, that's sufficient as a tool. Redundancy OTOH is very useful. A loaded spare PC with the same OS and soft as your main would mean you could continue uninterrupted.

If you want a drive you can transplant without activation hassles, put Windows in a VM on a Linux host.

Everything I do is because I'm lazy and never want to be hurried by events. I could lose up to four PCs with contents before it would become a hassle, and even then I'm still covered.

Beat me to almost exactly what I was going to say. Do this OP. Also if you don't have a SATA to USB (And if you have an external drive), you can often screw apart an external drive and use it as an adapter

How are you ever gonna program without Visual Studio? You're fucked dude.

>IDE

SAAAAAAVE MEEEEEEEE