Why are printers so fucking shit?

Why are printers so fucking shit?
No seriously, every single printer is a pile of shit that can't work properly for even a few months

MAYBE YOU INVENT A NEW ONE THEN

Buy a laser printer.

this desu. my brother laser printer never had issues for the last 5 or so years of fairly regular use.

Get a used one.
Really good laser printers that used to cost a few hundred bucks from old office stock goes for like 30$

>brother
brother is a pile of shit
>wow look it has a wlan option
>set it up on wlan
>works fine for a year
>suddenly stops responding
>reinstall it and set up again
>stops working the next day
>mfw I'm supposed to set the fucking thing up literally every single time I want to use it

My non-WLAN Brother printer is fine.
Except that it sucks for PCB toner transfer.

their drivers are absolute garbage and this windows sharing bullshit isn't helping it either. I need 3 computers connected to this pile of crap, it's literally impossible because the wlan feature refuses to work

I don't use Windows so I wouldn't know.

buy a printer over $50

you get what you buy

>you have to buy a $500 printer for it to not be an absolute pile of shit with broken features that should clearly work
wow I'm enlightened

consider yourself lucky

This buy a printer every time your cartridges are out. They are about the same price anyways. You will always have a working device.

Get some ricoh aficio or some shit used under contract in offices, once contract expires they usually bin them.

because you cunts cant take care of them.

I did IT for a fullfillment warehouse, fucking had HP printers, like 40 of them out there. I installed a new kit per week, and the users replaced their own toner, at least one per day.

In the 13 months that I worked there I replaced 0 broken printers.
Know how to take care of them. rtfm

>he doesn't print exclusively on hp's own paper using a hp printer with genuine hp cartridges

Because it's a mechanical device and will never have the reliability of solid state electronics

There is absolutely zero reason why anybody should even still be using a printer anymore.

Yeah, you don't need to print anything in your mom's basement

I've been using the same HP laserjet since like 2004 and it's been working fine

Giving up line/matrix printers was a mistake.

I got a samsung monochrome a few years ago for $50 bucks

>Never needed to print in color.
>buy cheap toner kits online for $5-10

>buying hardware with an expiration date programmed in

why aren't there printers that burn a black/white image into the top piece of paper on a stack, then roll that paper out?

I wonder if there's cheap chink printer ink

There are cheap chinese ink cartridges, but a lot of printers have drm built into the cartridge that will prevent you from using them properly.

I'm amazed the chinks haven't cracked that

I've been using my Canon Pixus for over a year.

Depends on the printer.

>Buy a shit printer
>Why are printers so shit?
Really makes me think.

Yes, I buy third-party toner for my brother printer. Never had an issue. However, my drum just died, and the reviews of third-party drums are awful. Gonna cost me what I paid for the printer to replace the fucking thing. They always jew you somehow.

Huh, we regularly had those JetDirect cards become defective. A few broken PSUs and other problems.

I believe Costco refills ink for certain models (Not for my printer toner unfortunately) but yeah printers are fickle as fuck

>buy hp printer/scanner
>black ink runs out
>not allowed to scan until I replace ink cartridge

>boss brags about getting printer "cheap" on Black Friday
>A full set of replacement ink cartridges costs just as much as the printer

Why did you call his brother a pile of shit, you angst little fuck???

>current year
>PostScript capable laser printers still cost a gorillion dollars

I blame morons who keep getting jewed into buying cheap disposable inkjet printers with ink refills that cost more than blood. The profit stream for the printer makers is just insane, and effectively deters them from trying to sell anything better.

Stop using a shitty inkjet every two months and get a laser printer that will print just as well after two months as it will after two years.

HP laser, enough said.

>keep buying printers
>never have to worry about maintenance
>pawn them all off or sell on ebay

i am in the market for aio my only thing it must have laser printing and duplex capabilities what you guys recommend?

Brother cheats their toner carts. The printer will say empty, but you can tape over the sensor and print like another 500 pages before it's dry.

how is this legal? also, does hp do this?

Let me guess. You're using consumer printers?

are enterprise printers gudd?

I found a Brother MFC8710DW in the dumpster behind a store last week. $600 on Amazon, all it needed was a new drum and toner cartridge.

>2017
>he doesn't coat his sheet of paper with plastic then manually cut out each letter of plastic then submerge the paper in a vat of ink
plebs. enjoy giving away money to the printerjew

they were selling the C460 FW (multifunction COLOR laser) for $175 a couple of years ago at office depot. I was screaming at my aunt to buy it, but she was a cheap bitch and skipped out on it. now samsung is no moar.

PS we don't live together or anything. I was just advising her. instead she got a B/W canon and bitches when she can't print in color and has to go to kinko to print anything in color.

I'm telling you man I've never had to print a single thing in color so the cheap monochrome M2020W is good enough for me but really any monochrome with a cheap toner kit would be fine I assume

there are. receipt printers work like this, and some shipping label printers. they're called thermal printers

Brother's MFC line is pretty good.

This. HP's business class printers are some of the best.

Stop being poor and buying shit printers.

>i buy the cheapest inkjet printer and complain it doesn't work

lmao

Used printer from ebay.
Recently bought myself one that had Duplex, Ethernet, and uses Postscript for 35€ (shipping included).

if you are lucky you can get them for free

>not getting to the print shop to get your paper printed with no hassle
>not print only what you need when you need them
>no maintenance

faggots

>print shops
>no hassle

I use aluminum dedorants, flouride toothpaste and support glyphosate, so I'm not some stupid chicken.
I don't see any vantage in laser over ink. So it's a little faster, has less jamming parts and makes PCBs but there is still the potential health hazard issue. Why risk at all?
Also Ink is cheap for my devices.

faster, more reliable, better and longer-lasting prints, cheaper per page

What more do you want? It's better in every way.

Would a kraut translate that pic plz?

Damn, that was a good fined.

It's just an ecolabel.

> ink is $5,500/liter

Hey kids! How would you like the misery of owning a printer except with an additional dimension to fuck up? Look no further!

I remember this. It's 25 years old?

got a free brother because brother's wife thought it was broken, all it had was a paperjam

Yes