/hpg/ - Headphone General

>How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-february-2013-update
innerfidelity.com/images/AppleInEar2013.pdf
rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/08/apple-me186lla-budget-wonder-updated.html
cs.sankakucomplex.com/data/e6/1a/e61aa058e071471a4a5b4c584fd9ac38.png?e=1512949186&m=tRB1zshIhGNUXAoYRgObew
amazon.com/HIFIMAN-HE-400I-Full-size-Magnetic-Headphones/product-reviews/B00MULH672/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar
my.mixtape.moe/ojjemy.flac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

headphones wont make you happy

what's the worst amp after the Magni 3?

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

Neither will jerking off for the 5th time today, but that wont stop me.

post your headphones

Idol trash here.
What's your headphones like, user?

Please convince me to buy a headphone that are not the Apple In-Ears (ADDIEM), since they appear to be GREAT for the price

pic related

what would be the next improvement over these?

speakers neither, i'm on my 3rd pair and thinking of buying a DIY kit for christmas

ER4XR

Too uncomfortable (I own the HF5 already). How is the sound difference between both?

Alright Sup Forumsuys, I need your help. I'm thinking of getting an EAX-capable soundcard for Christmas so I can play older vidya the way they're supposed to be played. However, I have the HyperX Cloud II which does have a 3.5mm jack but it's not supposed to be used in conjunction with a PC because it's too short (that's why the headset comes with a USB controller which is much longer). Can I still make it work without buying a new headset? Also, what EAX-capable soundcards would you recommend?

I had to do an emergency cable job after the jack broke. I didn't have one of the right length and the spare shrink wrap I had was the wrong color. all my other headphones are out on loan so I needed to make do

how are you doing idol fag?

Bought the 598 Cs for $99 CAD ($77 USD) last year when it went on a crazy sale. Is there anything that would beat them around $100 USD currently?

Closed and over ear is a must.

I haven't used headphones in many months since I got glasses. Today I finally tried and damn these HD 800s barely change their tone with the added pad leakage even with glasses on. So good.

Heard these at my friends place last night and I think they're rather under rated in the $1k space.

underrated in comparison to which other kilobucks?

God I wish wokada would draw something other than vocaloid shit.

innerfidelity.com/content/innerfidelity-february-2013-update (see Apple In-Ear comments)
innerfidelity.com/images/AppleInEar2013.pdf
rinchoi.blogspot.com/2013/08/apple-me186lla-budget-wonder-updated.html

Looks quite good in terms of bang for your buck, but it apparently has audible distortion around 3k in the upper midrange.

>Budget
Under $25
>Location
USA
>Source
Galaxy S8
>Type of headphone
In Ear
>Comfort level
Decent, sound isolation is the priority though
>Past headphones
$14 SkullCandys

He does

When it's not vocaloid shit it's futa shit. Something is wrong with the guy.

>under $25
Does it really matter what you buy?

Read OP.

I'd really appreciate some help if possible.

I bought an MPOW bluetooth receiver that works fine with my samsung phone. But when I try to use it with my thinkpad, my thinkpad has drivers missing or something called "Bluetooth Peripheral Device".

MPOW itself doesn't have any drivers so I'm not sure what to install. I'm pretty confused. Anyone run into this when trying to make their headphones bluetooth with a receiver?

just as a consideration in general. I'm not saying they're better than a hd800, because they're not, but they do have planar bass and nice fast bass decay which is one of my favorite things about planars while maintaining the overall detail and presentation you would except from a high end headphone.
I'm considering getting them because I really do prefer the "size" of planars and quick decay of the bass the typical dynamic headphones.
once again not better than hd800 but the other $1k headphones like elear, t1, zmf, lcd(most of which i heard at ny audio show) the ranking is less clear.
i want to hear some of the expensive audio technica stuff next i've only heard the m50 and im02 from them

>fast bass decay
hahahahha

That one image is kino

cs.sankakucomplex.com/data/e6/1a/e61aa058e071471a4a5b4c584fd9ac38.png?e=1512949186&m=tRB1zshIhGNUXAoYRgObew

>fast bass decay
>planar
lol

>mentioning zmf in a positive manner
oh boy you're in for it user.

Penguinfag here, sorry, I fell asleep ;_;

It's unfortunate that you woke up

t. degenerate footfag

he seems nice, why do you have to immediately be an asshole?

t. casual normalfag

>casual

he's ashamed of you

nvm i fixed it

do I think they're for everyone? no. i do think they sound really good with dadrock type music though, at least ekion did. they make a nice gift for rich people to give and sound nice with some genres but i think thats about it. it'd be silly to say all of their headphones are bad at absolutely everything

I don't hear the distortion on the ADDIEMs, look into the LS200iS and ER4SR.

>LS200iS
These look awesome. Not the person you were speaking with but how do you think they would fair as an everyday commute/office headphone?
They're the new im02 I take it?

I really like the around the ear type fit since it reduces microphonics a lot. A lot of people say that they're like an IEM version of the HD600 and I'd have to agree, they're not as neutral as the Etys and have a warm tilt to them that most listeners will prefer.

nice Z Reviews image

you didn't know he was a redditor?

Everyone who buys Schiit gear is a redditor.

HD600 + Schiit Stack is the official Reddit setup

>HD6XX and Schiit Stack
FTFY.

No, HD600 because redditors think the HD650 is inferior

Just back from getting some takeaway dinner @ kanum. About to eat. Downloading some animu to watch while eating. Resisted urge to preorder LCD-2c. Would save me little vs retail at best, at worst fucked by customs + headphones I don't like and would have to sell at a loss.
HD598C are universally hated. MSR7 are known-good closed headphones I'm looking into buying, but quite a bit more expensive than $100.

If that's the case then reddit's correct.

It is. However 6XX is still reddit tier because of poorfags just getting into the hobby.

>Resisted urge to preorder LCD-2c
move towards an hd800 + atticus :^)

The difference between the price of the 598cs and the MSR7 is pretty massive though.

Another user was talking about the shure535 as an awesome every day iem because the ety's have microphonics so maybe that ls200is is a nice cheaper alternative.
May cop from a place with easy returns. Have a hard time believing any iem could sound as good as even the midfi trio of over ears.

Hello Zeos/Reddit

>atticus
Hmm...

question, is you? there's a lot of people that owe me timestamps these days of their setup after asking for mine

LS200iS shits all over the SE535. I have owned both. IMO Etys sound the best but the ergonomics are kinda shitty. You need to use the shirt clip, the cable is long and heavy, the deep penetration, etc.

This OP is much better than bad 3DPDCG furry anime.
Redditors are correct if they think the HD650 is inferior.

>because of poorfags just getting into the hobby.
So HD600 + Schiit Stack owners? That setup screams poorfag redditor.

did not

they're also too stupid to do the most basic levels of EQ so they'll buy a slighter flatter version of the same headphone with worse driver matching

I owe you a timestamp for saying that the Atticus is shit? This isn't an opinion here, it's literally shit and with measurements to prove it.

see

>worst driver matching
That's a light way to put it, 600 have no driver matching whatsoever. The only reason the channels even compare at all is because they've been making the same drivers for decades so manufacturing differences are already minimal.

that wasn't the question user. I asked if is you. why are you dodging the question?

t. Angry footfag
At least they weren't stupid enough to buy HiFiMAN garbage that falls apart on its own.

HD600 is matched +/- 1dB.

Incorrect.

t. degenerate furry with terrible taste in anime ironically calling others degenerate
God those are ugly.

>buying shit with zero driver matching for MORE than a $199 superior version of the same thing
Reddit sure are fucking retarded, glad this isn't Reddit although you could just about convince me it was with all these crosspoters

>HD600 is more diffuse field than HD650
So HD600 is better? Gotcha.

>DF
>good
lol maybe if you're deaf

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

Ah, just like the meme600s snap from normal use and then you're forced to buy a $100 headband.

"Muh modularity"

>inb4 rapid fire shitposting of hifiman images where only 2 out of the 9 images show a broken headphone like the typical, triggered autistic waste of space that you are.

O2

Thanks man I'm going to go for it when the new semester starts up.

>t. Angry footfag
the only angry person here is you no headphone user

what is a chin

I'm considering picking up some planar magnetic style headphones out of sheer curiosity. Are the Monolith M560s worth a look if I can find a used set?

Sup /hpg/, pleb here. Is there any difference between the HD 598 SR and the regular beige version? I can get the SR for 150 canuckbux while the others are all significantly more expensive.

amazon.com/HIFIMAN-HE-400I-Full-size-Magnetic-Headphones/product-reviews/B00MULH672/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&reviewerType=all_reviews#reviews-filter-bar

>purchased these headphones in December of 2015 for $300. I loved them at first, but then, due to poor design (look at the photo of the cable they provide on the store page, the material wore away and then suffered connectivity problems; the sound would repeatedly disconnect and reconnect), the cable's plug failed at the headphone connection in January 2017

>There seems to be some quality control issues with these headphones. If you decide to purchase these headphones I’d recommend that you inspect them carefully before deciding to keep them.

>I had to replace the stock headphone cable because of bad soldering on the cable causing the audio to cut in an out. After about 6 months of usage the padded ear cups started to come apart. Upon inspection they are just glued to a plastic ring with a really thin bead of weak glue. I went to buy replacements only to find reports that the official replacements also fall apart due to the same bad design.

>To put it simply, they just don't hold up. I've had mine for about 9 months, and the earpads have all but fallen off, which according to reviews on the replacements hifiman sells, means they've shown an *exceptional* level of endurance. It's not uncommon for them to come apart in as little as a month. I've also seen a lot of people having trouble with the cables dying, the headband coming apart, and so forth. Also, just for me personally, these things absolutely clamp onto my head something fierce.

>Driver rattle and the cable was fraying after less than a month. I should have listened to all the negative reviews about Hifiman. They do sound great, but it's not worth paying this much for something that falls apart so easy. this brand is infamous for low-quality construction, and I've now seen for myself that it's all true.

no

I still want some planars. I'll observe. I might still end up getting the LCD-2c, but only after they're confirmed not to suck, and locally.
Watching pic related. Kanum stuff already eaten :X.

>not nearly as good as the hd650s, painful clamp, horrible ear pads - sharp sound.

>Hifiman clearly has terrible QC. The only good thing about these was the box they came in (its really nice!). The first thing I noticed is how wobbly it is where the yoke swivels. These things feel like they are going to snap within a month. I figured that I may well see how they sound anyways. Welp... the 2.5mm connector in the right ear-cup is seems slightly bent. If the cable is moved slightly the audio in the right ear cuts in and out. How can you have such bad QC for an item that retails $450?!

>watch out for these headphones if your are big on customer service. After 3 months of using them the right sides volume was lower than the left side. I emailed my seller with the problem and he too confirmed that he had the same problem. The repair is over 100 dollars which is relatively expensive for a product that costs 400 dollars. do yourself a favor and buy a headphone with great warranty on it

>quality of hifiman headphones the worst possible new headphones hifman he400i from the box do not work

>this is unequivocally the single worst equipment purchase I've ever made. The right channel began cutting in and out about 4 months in. At this point, it's gone completely AWOL.

>DOA...only one side worked

>Owned for less than 4 months and the speakers are already cutting out.

>Cons: Actually build quality sucks.

>The manufacturer was not helpful with my issue of blown speaker after owning mine for less than 4 months. Buy at your own experience, but you'll see what I'm talking about.

Excellent OP. Iori a cute. A cute!!

Watching rest of the ep, alone :X
01. 1人ぼっちの歌.flac
my.mixtape.moe/ojjemy.flac

Because...?

he-400i or he-4xx are better
If you're going with the monoprice ones the m1060 is much better than the m560

Audeze el-8 and sine are also options to consider.

because the only decent planars on the market are the aeons from mrspeakers

thats one hell of a recording it sounds really good

post a picture of your setup

>he-400i or he-4xx are better
Hmm...

Horrible headphones, with horrible feedback.
Now see HD600's feedback for contrast :)

>Audeze el-8
please be joking

Any cons for the ADDIEM, regardless of price? How does it compare against the ER4SR, for example?

>being a lying tripfag
These are all broken.

ADDIEM is really warm whereas the ER4SR is a lot brighter and more neutral as a result. If you really enjoy the ADDIEM you might not enjoy the ER4SR.

They're the same

I see. I found the HF5 lacking in bass, so I assume it's going to be the same with the ER4SR. Considering this, would there be any cons to buying an ADDIEM? It appears to have some slightly recessed treble, is it very noticeable?

>make one memeheiser post
>instant autistic shitposting and triggering

it's beautiful. the poor NEET can't even afford his favorite pair of headphones so he just makes triggered shitposts all day.