How often do you clean your mobo? How do you clean it?

How often do you clean your mobo? How do you clean it?
My house gathers a lot of dust and also I have a cat, so I have to clean it once one or two months. The problem is im not sure whats the right way to do it, i usually go with pic related but I heard the static electricity could damage it.
Whats the right way to clean it?

soapy water

Whats the difference between that and a hair dryer?

Never

is less convenient and therefore more Sup Forums

Cmon guys do you seriously not clean your machine

Dip it in bleach and leave overnight

Aside from using a vacuum for dust, there's really no point. If you were wanting to clean corrosion I'd recommend a toothbrush with isopropyl alcohol but you'd want to disconnect the power supply first

compressed air to remove most of the dust, and a small paint brush for detailing

I just use the brush from my dust-pan.

99% percent isopropyl alcohol, really make sure its as pure as possible, if it says 70% that means the other 30% is most likely water so dont get it. Use compressed air can to spray shit dust out and the 99% alc for cleaning away little shit.

Take that sumbitch outside and spray the shit out of it with compressed air. Take all the fans off the case and wash em with a wet rag, and then dry them. That's all

why would you? the only dust interefes with is cooling and connectors. Connectors are already sealed on literally every cable and you can clean out a fan by using those dust dissolver shits and setting the fan to about 5000 RPM.

With a pressure washer, followed by a methylated spirit bath to displace the water before drying. Yes this is a 486, but I did my i7 and GFX card in August

Who am I kidding, this is how I clean all my hardware..

Literally never. Positive airflow though filters you clean regularly and your interior looks like you just put it together yesterday.
If you have carpet get it up at least a few inches off the floor, it makes a ridiculous difference in dust intake.

I just buy a new one if it starts to collect dust.

A hair dyer will fry the shit out of your components because static. A hairdryer is unironcally the worst thing you can put close to sensitive electronics

This. Place your computer on your desk instead of near the floor for even less dust.

> static buildup is created by friction
> low velocity air generates more friction than high velocity air
Were you born retarded or did you suffer an accident?

>this is how I clean all my hardware..
Nice wizardry.

Vacuum cleaner. I know I shouldnt, but its so easy.

Just make sure you pull CMOS batteries first.

Is it really that bad?