Why don't you guys like Kubuntu? It runs so smoothly on my T420 and looks so beautiful

Why don't you guys like Kubuntu? It runs so smoothly on my T420 and looks so beautiful.

>kde

owo desktop thread??

Seriously though, what is wrong with KDE?

Get your own thread

Ubuntu

mAXIMUM COMFINESS FACTOR

Not an argument

>what's wrong with an ugly bloated buggy DE

âwâ

People who don't like KDE are people who tried kubuntu.

>ugly
Wrong
>buggy
So far I have not had any problems
>KDE
So far I quite like KDE. Maybe stop being so presumptuous?

> Wrong
Not an argument.

Not sure if you're some idiot who has tried KDE for a few days and has fallen in love, or if you're just trolling.

Was right. It's buggy as hell. Always has been the problem with KDE.

>trolling
If I had been trolling, I'd be posting about gnome.

>Not an argument
Not him but honestly your opinions are not more valid than his opinons.

ubuntu is amazon spyware. Use debian net iso or gentoo. Also use i3 or dwm

I know -- I'm merely handing back his "not an argument" from

no games

The opinion that KDE is buggy is objectively more valid than the contrary.

>ubuntu is amazon spyware
This was a specific feature in Unity in Ubuntu 14.04. As of 16.04 the feature is disabled. This feature only exists as a component of Unity and I am not using Unity.

Gee, what are you guys doing right there?

I don't usually play games on this laptop as this is the laptop I program on. So while it is an argument you are making there, it is not particularly relevant or true (there are many games, just none of the jrps that you happen to play).

Works on my machine?

Ubuntu's website is disgusting. It has googles backend shit in it. Use debian or gentoo.

Why would you install a bloated distro when you can install Ubuntu via the minimal CD and install whatever WM you want?

But why? i3 doesn't match my

kubuntu.org can be navigated with noscript blocking the google shit ;)

I don't need a minimalist distro. Not everyone shitposts on a thinkpad from 2003. If I were to use an operating system on older hardware, I'd probably opt for Lubuntu as that is both a cohesive and a lightweight build.

Mind you, I am using the Ubuntu base because it has up-to-date packages (unlike stable Debian) and because it has the most packages.
>use debian testing
No.
>use arch
No.

>But why? i3 doesn't match my
My bad. I meant to write i3 doesn't match my workflow.

> kubuntu's website has google backend shit by default.
> this faggot is trying to defend it by saying noscript can block it
No bitch. Look at debian.org. Thats a patrician site.

Why would I want to install Debian when the kde installation option installs an ancient version of kde? Why bother?

You came to a teentard shitpost board to ask and you're surprised at the responses?

Install Gentoo.

I didn't say I was surprised. What about my post indicated surprise? That's right, nothing, because you are full of presumptions.

> 2017
> Shilling KDE

We all heard this shit before. KDE is still shit.

Very proud of you. You have a sample size of 1. Very valid.

Ok, KDE and GNOME are shit.
What does Sup Forums think about Cinnamon?

>runs so smoothly on my T420

not on battery it doesn’t. Maybe if you don’t use power management and keep your cpu operating at 800mhz to 2.6ghz freely at all times. Unlike you, I care about getting my 6 hours of battery.

Plasma 5 is by far the worst kde version I have ever used. It has tons of bugs, especially in the debian version and it just looks horrible. I miss stable kde4

Because parrot OS

Overated

Plasma runs smoothly even on the shittiest Celeron.
Source: have shittiest Celeron laptop

I haven't had any problems either. I have even upgraded from 17.04 to 17.10 and everything is fine. Running VFIO and GPU Passthrough with custom patched kernel. Still perfectly stable. A little slow booting though, compared to just using debian.

bloat

The only problem I've had on KDE is when the panel locks up because of a fucked up I/O operation that got left hanging. Otherwise its been fine.
It's not really any more bloated than unity, less bloated than guhnome

I don't like windows rip off UIs. KDE comes with so much cool shit like Konquer if there was an integrated dock I would drop gnome in a heartbeat.

ugly as fuck

>Seriously though, what is wrong with KDE?
Nothing if you like it op, but I prefer xfce myself with a different distro altogether.

great for you but many people had problems with ubuntu and kde, I tried it once and it crashed for me 4 times during live disk after that I didnt bother to try again

it's buggy but not bloated

>Memory
That's why

coz Canonical do not care about Kubuntu and delegete an external team to implement KDE on the top of Ubuntu.
Exept that Ubuntu release cycle doesn't fit well with KDE release cycle so you will end with a retarded version of KDE (somethin like 0.1 before an LTS), and you will need to configure the backport PPA to upgrade it
exept that the backport PPA is manage by monkey that doesn't upgrade it for month

>looks so beautiful
...but it really doesn't...
it looks kinda ok, kde is all about customization, which can be done with minimal resources using xfce, kde is really just for mid-high end machines and usually used by people who don't know how/can't be fucked to configure xfce and dislike how GNOME looks

kwin is why it's worth to waste more ressource than xfce
you can conf it to match to your ideal workflow and be more productive instead of fighting with the DE like on gnome

I like puting windows snapping on Super+arrow, or virtual desktop view on super + A for exemple
pic is an old screen that I found on google

>fighting with the DE like on gnome
that's honestly how i feel sometimes, but it just looks so nice...it's an amazingly well done ui for what it is, pity that there is literally no room for customization beyond the basics, and for what little there is, extensions, they break with like literally every update (on arch)

KDE4 was the first time I tried kde again and I didn't like it much. But plasma is really great. Xfce is nearly dead and qt is the future. Gnome 3 is just annoying.

I don't understand why canonical doesn't just back KDE instead of Gnome.

Whenever I've tried using KDE on a variety of different computers and distros, it's a buggy piece of shit right out of the box.

Its almost good, although I don't like the aesthetic design the UI layout is mostly sensible and I really like the notifications, integration, KDE connect etc., but it is so broken that it's unusable.

On the other hand, I can't stand the overall design of GNOME. I've tried both (and other DEs/WMs), but I always end up going back to XFCE. The only problem I've ever had with XFCE is that there's screen tearing by default, which is annoying (and can be fixed) but at least it works for me without breaking all the time.

> 2017
> not using kde neon

I'm pretty nostalgic about KDE 4 despite the fact that it crashed every time before the 4.8 release

debian + xfce is better
sorry for your loss, must suck having that 1366x768 panel in your T420 by the way

Because Solus with Plasma needs ~350 mb of ram, ships with the latest soft unlike buntu and doesn't look like ass out of box.

i got MATE on my t420 and my battery life immediately gained 2 hours over kubuntu, user

Now where the fuck is the KDE! poster?

Konqi is cute and smart, that's why he doesn't likes canonical!

>having that 1366x768 panel in your T420
I am looking into upgrading the screen

MATE is all-right but honestly it is lacking customization.

You mean a gadget clock? We have that

It is not, you take that back.

>dock
check for latte dock, it can be use standalone or as a plasma widget, and you can put plasma widget on it too

Same

>I like puting windows snapping on Super+arrow
how?

nice, thank you

Arch is patrician webpage, quick clean setup without stupid web 4.0 botnet. Debian has a webpage from the 90s that was autist even by those lax standards.