Is there a Linux solution for forwarding text messages and images to and from mobile devices?

Is there a Linux solution for forwarding text messages and images to and from mobile devices?

Frankly it's the only thing keeping me on macOS, it's just so damn comfy to text from my keyboard.

I use KDEconnect to do this.

Nice try KDEdevs.

Beat me to it...

This looks neat! Unfortunately I am stuck with an iPhone for another year, are there any iOS alternatives?

all I could find on this is there is some guys talking about porting it but saying it would require jailbreak, why not just stay on mac for time being? despite was the guys around here say mac is bretty comfy, it's a close second to linux for daily use

>macos and windows can do this
>linux still lagging
*yawn*

How can windows do this?

SMS/MMS gateway via Bluetooth. I was sending and receiving texts through my phone on my laptop years before iMessage became a thing.

I have been doing this with google voice, and recently google hangouts since they moved that functionality over there since 2011. It's the oldest phone number I have. Given I only send a text message maybe 3 times a year because I don't know anyone that texts in america in 2017 but it works.
You can just do it from a web browser on any device. You could always do this. You can even make free calls to any us number although the slight latency means I just use my home phone.

OP, shill your friends with signal. It has a desktop client and a mobile client that works and respects your freedom.

It doesn't have the SMS sync though so both of the parties have to be on signal.

>current year
>phone calls and sms messages
This is a millenial board grandpa, go play golf or something.

>normalfags
Just get all your friends on IRC.

>getting normies to use IRC
>using IRC on a phone

There's a million IRC clients for phones.

What's kde connect?? Fucking numale

KDEconnect

what are the other peripherals on the phone besides; camera, audio, text?

just use fucking signal instead of clinging to SMS like it's 2006

Pushbullet

more like KDEvs

i use Join through google chrome. works pretty well and it can receive mms

*disconnects*
*connects*

WhatsApp web

gnokii

KDEConnect and it does fucktons more than just that

No but iMessage is a sticky feature Linux has to address to take on macOS.

Even HP is pushing PhoneWise to tackle this issue.

iMessage != SMS

It's just done so well that it seamlessly blends together with regular SMS messages. Hangouts had that for a while but either Apple patented mixed SMS-IM interfaces or Google got their head stuck too far up their ass.

it still does plain old sms as well you mouth breathing retard

It works pretty well to. I switched to using Budgie on Solus sadly.