What the fuck just happened?

What the fuck just happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

tedunangst.com/flak/post/sct-set-color-temperature
nymag.com/selectall/2017/02/strawberries-look-red-without-red-pixels-color-constancy.html
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wnkq5n/this-picture-has-no-red-pixelsso-why-do-the-strawberries-still-look-red
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

what the fuck do you mean?

Other than switching to an ugly ui in the update that happened a few months ago, I have no idea what OP is talking about.

Not sure. I just use the built-in one in Windows now, or Redshift, with ships with Budgie.

nothing?

I just poked myself in the eye with the sleeve of my sweater and it's surprisingly painful.

redshift

damn son iktf

Add "exec fluxgui" to your ~/.config/i3/config file

>flux

go back to red.dit

Use redshift or the built in program in your DE.

Flux and Redshift are harmful. Use sct

Since i heard it was collecting user data and shit and bugging out fullscreen games with its yellowish layer i went to open source alternative 'Redshift' then recently learned windows already had one builtin with latest update

Sell me on redshift.

What does it do better?

it's free

>flux
bloated proprietary shitware

tedunangst.com/flak/post/sct-set-color-temperature
80 fucking lines of code, does the same shit

BOTNET

I just spilled a beer all over my new workbench. FML.

What's a good alternative to f.lux on windows?

I tried redshift but it sucks, it doesn't even have a UI or a way to run it automatically, I found a UI for it separately but it's buggy as hell.

LightBulb

I just turned flux off the other day. It keeps coming on at like 5:00 now

there is redshift-gui...

my monitor has one built in so i dont need to dl some shitty software

Win10 has one built in

Thanks a lot user, that works great. I just tried it.

That's the buggy UI I was talking about, it's a complete shitshow, sometimes when I bring up the main window, it extends horizontally way over the width of my monitors, and there's other erratic behavior, too, I uninstalled that piece of shit instantly and didn't report the bugs after seeing the dev doesn't really pay attention to the reports.

Win10 also has a 10 inch dildo out of the box ready to ravage your insides.

Fuck off ms shill.

It's useless now that windows has its own.

f.lux did the opposite for me
Now I sleep later because the screen doesn't make my eyes tired and now looking at any blue light makes my eyes hurt

nymag.com/selectall/2017/02/strawberries-look-red-without-red-pixels-color-constancy.html
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/wnkq5n/this-picture-has-no-red-pixelsso-why-do-the-strawberries-still-look-red

Is there any program that does this to completely turn off blue subpixels instead of messing with color temperature?

Darkroom mode isn't that?

Yes, that turns off all blue subpixels, but it doesn't accomplish what the pictures in those articles do.

>buy an expensive monitor
>fuck up the colors with flux

>wearing a sweater
fag

I remember when someone from Sup Forums used the color eye dropper and showed that the strawberries had a small amount on the red channel. That (((optical illusion))) is shit.

who uses that piece of shit software anyway?

turning my screen yellowish/orange - fucking retarded?

all it needs is some opaque shade of grey (BrightnessPango)

Macs don’t have this problem. The included Night Shift setting works flawlessly.

Yeah, that picture doesn't remove all of the red. If you completely remove the red channel you get pic related.

Try it on this

I just use the built in night light, the transition is so smooth I don't even notice my screen going yellow until I open a game and it snaps back to cold white.

f.lux is nice until you buy a decent monitor and realize that all you need is to lower the brightness down to 0.

Also, have your room lights on if you are using the compute you fucking imbecile. You are not supposed to be looking at a fucking monitor in a dark room for longer periods of time.

I have been doing those two things for years and never had a problem, no reason to mess with the colors of my monitor or anything.

Though I have to admit that I have warmer color settings on my TV screen, but that's a different use case anyway.

Flux v3 was the peak of Flux; fuck v4 and it's bloated mess. Even though v3 is still readily available to download, Windows' built in Night Light suffices.

the nip slipped out of clothes.

>using fag as an insult rather than an affectionate term

>10 inch dildo ready to ravage your insides
Sounds pretty good to me, user.

can someone break down the grammar of this FLUX sentence?

> Feeling sleepy? Light is making your body later.

am i missing something or is that some engrish shit

Can't unsee

That doesn't change the fact it has one built it, making the need to look and try third party stuff unnecessary.

But if you're still on Win7 then just stick to flux.

certainly, it was not only me that saw that

Light is making your body sleep later.

Gross.

have you tried using a bias light behind your monitor instead of this?

Aww, you fag you(!)

THANK YOU SO MUCH user HOLY SHIT I FEEL STUPID

I already have darkness at 0 + flux. feels good.

>Also, have your room lights on if you are using the compute you fucking imbecile. You are not supposed to be looking at a fucking monitor in a dark room for longer periods of time.
Pretty much fucking this. I can't imagine how can you work on a monitor without at least a proper fucking desklamp.

I have an EIZO monitor and it has an ambient light sensor that lowers the screen brightness automatically.
It's pretty neat and despite me using a desklamp at a computer since I remember not having to stare at a brightly lit monitor helps.

But I still use sct (a non-bloated version of redshift/flux). Piss filter is an added bonus but it definitely helps.

Keeping it at atleast 10 for now, ill see if i can get used to 0 after a while, i dont like flux though im too lazy to switch it off everytime, will see though thanks

I enjoy wearing sweaters even as a heterofag

With Mac and Windows, don't the built in ones suffice or do the 3rd party do a better job?

They weren't always built in

can get comfy candle lite filter.
makes late night faps more romantic.
why are you such a prude.

Sweaters are manly, you faggot. Sailors wore them originally and they are comf af