Ducky shill edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/why-must-you-make-everything-look-so-fucking-ugly/32832431113.html
aliexpress.com/item/Kailh-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-BOX-switches-with-White-LED-Backlits-and-RGB-Sideglow-104key-Pudding-keycaps/32840261885.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2922
reddit.com/r/mechmarket/
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1536
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1635
amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9000V2-BR/dp/B00S5E4LX0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512940667&sr=8-3&keywords=rosewill mechanical keyboard
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B072C516B9/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512940722&sr=1-3&keywords=cooler master mechanical keyboard
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont understand why anyone bought that

for the memes

is there a quality difference between gmk and sp dsa keycaps?

Where to find duck boards outside of mk.com in america? They don't have any of the switches I'm interested in.
Also heads up to everyone this disgusting monster from china is one of the first keyboards that I have seen with the new box white switches aliexpress.com/item/why-must-you-make-everything-look-so-fucking-ugly/32832431113.html
and so do these aliexpress.com/item/Kailh-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-BOX-switches-with-White-LED-Backlits-and-RGB-Sideglow-104key-Pudding-keycaps/32840261885.html
I'm really hoping these new kailhs replace all the cheap trash switches on the market.

>tfw AssDrop delays a keyboard shipment after waiting for 2 months
I want milkies.....

GMK is thicker, but they use a mold with a smooth top surface that feels gross and sticky even new and only gets worse with use.
On the other hand, SP may make thinner caps, but the textured top surface feels so much better and helps reduce the effect of shine.

how long does the texture last on the sp before it gets smooth?

I've been using the same set for about 6 months now with no noticeable difference, can't help further than that.

Got my new keycaps

I used to love blanks but now i'm all about cool legends. It looks good though. What switches are you using?

Blues. My friend bought a switch tester, and out of all of them I rank blues the highest, so I'm glad I chose them.

They were only cherries though, wouldn't mind trying some other switches, preferably clicky ones.

I do like the legends on some keyboards like the HHKB.

I have a board with blues and I do like them but I couldn't go back to living with just them. Boards are so cheap these days you can get tactile clicky and linear for like $120 if you go with $40 chinese specials. What a time to be alive.
I think some boards with no legends look amazing. Like once I saw this TKL like yours but in an aluminum silver case with blank white keycaps. That thing was out of this world.
Enjoy the keyboard guy

y-you too

Blue Alps and Capacitive buckling springs are the best switches. This is a fact.

BOX switches are god-tier compared to cherry switches

How do you know what key you are pressing?

>Looking at your keyboard when typing

what is the click lifetime on topre switches?

one

30 Million apparently

He's a wizard.

>not memorizing the entire keyboard layout and be able to know where any letter key is just by thinking about it

>order one Tada68
>one arrives with clears(ordered reds)
>2 days later the reds one arrived
>only charged for one

Give me one

where did you buy so I can get double keebs as well

>falling for the massdrop meme in current year

You haven't?

Sounds like wizardry to me.

i have, only on qwerty ansi though
its really not that hard to do if youve been using computers for a while

You can't fool me, Mr. Wizard.

I'm done, I've tried enough mechs to realise I don't really have a strong preference, I don't mind if it's rubber dome or mech, have fun gents.

which mechanical keyboards have you tried?

oh you should learn to do it too then, its a pretty useful skill

peace lad
send me your keebs

Is HyperX Alloy FPS good? I got it for 65$ in nearly perfect condition. It was only once opened before.

Buckling spring on a unicomp
MX blues on some corsair
MX blacks on a Filco TKL
MX browns
45g topre
I only have the one I'm using, I'll use it till it dies.

>I only have the one I'm using
which one are you using currently?
im using a ibm model m right now and id say its the best keyboard ive ever used. i mean i could get by with a simple rubber dome but it wouldnt feel as good to type on. but if you dont really care about keyboards and dont want to spend alot of money on them then it really doesnt matter for the feel

Where can I get this?
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2922

reddit probably

How do I ask so that people actually reply? I've never been to reddit.

I'm about to spend $360 to get a smaller version of a keyboard I already have S M H

Bretty gud, send picx pls user

Mfw i bought a ducky and the alloy released a year later

reddit.com/r/mechmarket/
I guess you can buy/sell/trade there but I've never used it so I don't know how to improve your chances

I'll give it a shot, thanks user! Might just get the version with black switches, but my current 45g are already a little heavy.

those model f replicas are pretty dank

Yup that's what I'm talking about, I already have an F AT but I want a kishsaver so bad and I'm probably gonna buy one.

>order a keyboard
>seller tells me its lost and sends me the upgrade
sometimes i wake up hoping for the lost keyboard to arrive

>tenkeyless
>cherry mx brown switches (or something that feels similar)
>white LEDs
>media buttons

does such a keyboard exist?

Is there any clicky chink mech?

not with media buttons but u can pretty much get any rgb programmable tkl and just make the media keys in a fn layer, if u have the money massdrop is selling these k-types like mine (pic related), and they ship the day u join the drop because they made too much stock

i don't like fn-memery, i want designated media keys
thanks anyway.

>tenkeyless
>media buttons
probably not

How are Black MX compared to Romer G?

i suggest u get a tkl board u like then get a small 4-5key macropad and program that to be media buttons. something like the staryu macro pad (pic related is the macro pad and u)

romer g is the shittiest brown clone you have ever felt and black is linear

My first switches were Romer G, if I like them will I like Blacks?

Does anyone have any pink frame keyboards?

idk, buy a switch tester. blacks are completely different then romer g in about everyway imaginable

>I like apples. Will I like [other fruit or vegetable]?
Best bet is to get a switch tester and see which one you like the best

Is there anywhere to get a switch tester in Paris? I have a way to order my keyboard from the US but if I can get the tester tomorrow and order it after I'd be happier.

MasterKeys Pro S White

Is it possible to replace all the MX switches in a keyboard with a different MX switch?

Paris is a big city, there should be some sort of store around you. Just go to it and try out switches. I don't speak French so I can't google it for you

*Cherry MX

I'll do my best, thanks anyway. If I can't find on, my only question is if Blacks are louder than Romer G. If they are, but they don't make spring noises, that's also fine.

all of the sound you're going to get from those switches are from bottoming out the key (and if you're autistic, you might hear some 'scratchiness'). If you're worried about sound, order your keyboard of choice, and get some o-rings to complement them, and lube the switches.

I really, really want a full on sculpted signature plastics SA set. I almost don't even care about the colorway. Is there anywhere I can just buy a set with my CC and have it shipped? Aka not a group buy

Perfect. What's bothering me with my G910 is the sound of the springs, so if they don't make that sound they're perfect.

but youre spending 400$ on a keyboard that isnt even full sized

yes

Sweet, I was looking for a certain keyboard and it's out of stock in the switches I want so this is perfect. Where can I buy switches?

You can buy them from mechanicalkeyboards.com

well ive never really bought any, so i dont really know the best place to buy them from, but i know you can buy 100 for 50$ on mechanicalkeyboards.com

what are some good pbt keycaps to type on that arent expensive af? or should I just go with boards that already come with pbt caps like vortex vibe and race3

NEED some advice.

Is

Majestouch MINILA Air 67 Key Linear Action Bluetooth Keyboard

a good keyboard? I want mechanical and small, but also wireless and this seemed like the best option for me.

i wanted topre 55g in europe but fuck i give up i guess ill settle for 45g fc660c
i find the current mx reds i have a bit too easy to press so i wanted something tougher

Ducky and Vortex have some. You can also check out KBDfans

what's it called and where do I get one?

Looks like the GMK Carbon

The color way is Carbon, but those look like shitty WASD keycaps

yes you can buy keyboards with pink cases

Which ones?

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1536
it's even on sale
and it's ducky too so it fits the thread theme

Dude, download a method and learn how to properly type. It's annoying in the beginning, but it pays along your life.

That looks like trash though, I meant a light girly pink to contrast my black PC case and black monitors.

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1635
cheapest topre I've ever seen
anyway literally just google "pink case mechanical keyboard"

>there are people who inironically actually want to buy that shit

>it's literally the same keyboard
Doesn't have 2 Scroll Rock keys but I'll take it.

anyone have a tex yoda ii?

is it worth $300

for what type of keyboard? iv seen aluminum cases in pink for the gh60 and Anne pro with pink colors but those are 60% keyboards

Don't care, just want a nice pastel pink. Even the keycaps don't need to be pink since I can just buy pink ones.

Hey guys, I have narrowed my search down to these two keyboards. Not sure which I should get, or if there is something better for a similar price

1. amazon.com/Rosewill-Mechanical-Keyboard-RK-9000V2-BR/dp/B00S5E4LX0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512940667&sr=8-3&keywords=rosewill mechanical keyboard

2. amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B072C516B9/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1512940722&sr=1-3&keywords=cooler master mechanical keyboard

He's has developed muscle memory through, I assume, years and years of typing.

well then take the one they linked you, 120$ is relatively inexpensive

I think I might, found a pink Ducky too so I'll have to thing about it. Thanks!

are you sure about the mx browns? everyone that i know in here shits on those types of switches, without exception, and thats something very rare on an autistic forum

It's either browns, reds, or blues. I don't want blues because of the loud clicking, and don't want reds because they are light. All other switches are hard to find and expensive. I've used browns before and didn't have any problems with them.

browns are fine

How are Silver Cherry MX switches?