Seriously, how did Australia, a barren wasteland, become the culturel centre of the world???

Seriously, how did Australia, a barren wasteland, become the culturel centre of the world???

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/russell-crowe-rejected-twice-as-australian-citizen-20150324-1m70m7.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

White power

Give me some examples of Australian culture

Do australia has culture?

Are you drunk?

Maccas?

t. sharter

So no examples then

what is that bird?

Same question about NZ, Canada. How did they become economicaly strong and good places to live (and emigration)?

barren wasteland it's what Australia is now. They haven't forgot their ancestry and enjoy stealing oil from everybody in the area.

god, i really hope abos one day unite and kick your cracker asses out of their land.

anzac biscuits are tops

They have majority-white populations

Ah yes all 700,000 of them

wrong type of magpie

>spiders
>goon
>"culture"
Try again, my Dingo dunce of a friend.

the op joked (australia doesn't have any significant culture, the current culture center of the world it's the usa, i doubt you could name one australian non-genre fiction writer, or one musician not counting that one from eurovision, or any other noticeable culture figure off the top of your head), you took it at face value and then for some reason plunged into your immigration fantasies

Everybody knows Kylie Minogue m9

i thought she's british and i think most world people think the famous austrailian celebrities are americans

LAAAN DOWN UNDAH
WIMMIN GO
MEN CHUNDAH
HERE THUNDAH
DU-DUN DUNNNNN

Cos we're like heaps hectic aye

pic related is the most australians managed to create in the entirety of their history. it's laughable how much they try to push these things as the best invention ever; they need to, because it's all they have. then you realize it's just fuckin mass produced junk food

Margot Robbie, the Hemsworth family and Russel Crowe...
Yay culture...

Australia has even less recognizable culture than fucking Canada.

>Russel Crowe

He's from the 'eastern state' and not Australian.

He considers himself Australian.
I heard him telling that on several occasion.
Tbh I kinda like him.

Oh we all know about 'Canadian Culture', its just the rest of the world doesn't want to look, smell or have anything to do with it.

this is definitely not true

Damn actually you're technically right.
baka.com.au/lifestyle/celebrity/russell-crowe-rejected-twice-as-australian-citizen-20150324-1m70m7.html

arr rook same

Yeah he's a bit like Mel Gibson (yank) who grew up and mostly went to school here.

>cultural centre
That's stretching it aussiefag, you got a decent thing going and it is still impressive how it has been transformed from a prision to a vibrant city, but it is nothing special.

just where did it go so right?

wb all those aussies in media/hollywood

Sydney went from 6th to 11th because of "perceived terrorist attacks". Pretty stupid desu

I can literally name like 50 great bands just from my city alone

maybe you don'tknow shit if you're an uncultured prol but if you are there's no saving you anyway

Are all the shart memes to distract everyone so you can have a circlejerk in peace?

We will grow larger

cultural center?! rofl aussies really believe this? I mean you have Mad Max but that's all kek

Alright, Graham.

What's on tonight?

I think he was being ironic you chimp

really? I see, it was so unfunny I couldn't think irony was a possibility

well nice le shitpost to him anyway!

>one musician
AC/DC is legendary. For their population the're pretty active musically.

Crocodile Fucking Dundee

No I can substantiate the previous claims

> The Australian Ballet
> Huge Weaving
> Hugh Jackman
> Cate Blanchett
> Geoffery Rush
> Simon Baker
> Heath Ledger
> Mel Gibson
> Margot Robbie
> Eric Bana
> Isla Fisher
> Errol Flynn
> Kylie Minogue
> Nicole Kidman
> Liam Hemsworth
> Chris Hemsworth
> Guy Pearce
> AC/DC
> INXS
> Nick Cave
> Northlane
> Ne Obliviscarus
> Tonight Alive
> Dead Letter Circus
> Birds of Tokyo
> Wolfmother
> Matthew Reilly
> John Birmingham
> Tim Winton
> Patrick White
> Colleen McCullough

And I'm only listing the stuff off the top of my head that I know have international recognition. In 250 years we really seem to have overtaken your stagnant culture.

>mum comes home from work with a 10 pack of these
>I eat them all
>feel guilty after

>Wolfmother

Never ever ever ever let anything like this happen again.

But I do love Cate Blanchett.

Just saw the proposition and it was pretty damn good.

So there's that

I will try.

But I didn't mean like, killing anyone, ok?

ah, shit.

only know like 4 names on that list desu

That's fair, I don't know a single thing from Iceland, Norway or Sweden besides ABBA, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and The Bridge.

I didn't claim Iceland was the cultural center of the world m8
most people know Björk though

>ulturel centre of the world???

hahahhaha, we would forget you exist if you didn't shitpost so much

>culturel

alright.

p.s. I love how it took 55 replies and an American to notice this

Nah I more meant that no one is expected to know everything. Australians will know more about their cultural exports just like Icelandics will know more about theirs.

Also yes, Bjork.

Lol.

Just the Cirque du Soleil, the Just for Laugh festival, Celine Dion and Bieber (sadly) are more famous that this whole fucking list.

Also invented many famous sports.

There's way better things we made than anything you mentioned, but at least you got the double trips of truth

>those shitty nu rock bands you sneak in at the end

kek

the proposition is pure kino. it's about bushrangers, basically australian outlaws. australia's film industry led the world in the early 1900s so at one point more feature films were being made about bushrangers than anything else. they got exported to america and even you guys made bushranger films, set in australia

>no tame impala

You are replying to a kiwi, dipshit.

Moron

>Cirque du Soleil
>The syrupniggers' biggest contribution to world culture are literally clowns

Aussies and Canadians are both seen as friendly "frontiers-men" that enjoy lots of alcohol. The main difference is the whole "desert vs. arctic" thing.

I know Sigur Ros

>The Aussies' biggest contribution to the world got stabbed by their own wildlife.

Who cares, in 50 years Austraya is gonna be another Asian country

Because of that mark of quality in the corner

>Bieber
>More popular than AC/DC

Wew

>'''''culture'''''

It is amazing how we, a bunch of half-arsed bludgers actually managed to make something out of it.

>emu war
>invasive carp
>cane toads
>abos

>The city of noongas

They're Brits with space and resources

Basically, take Britain, one of the most powerful people and empires, and remove their two major handicaps.

Isn't it funny seeing incredibly young colonies bicker over nationality? I always assumed such is funny to Euros

All the non-continental cities there are from Loyalist nations

Coincidence? I don't think so