/hpg/ - Headphone General

>How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/high-fidelity
verumsonus.com/monoprice-m1060-mods/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

I, for one, welcome our new non-penguin overlord. You're doing God's work, user.

Penguin-user is still alright, though. Idol Trash, too. Hell, you all are, except for the shitposter(s). You know who you are.

Footfag /hpg/s are shit.

Posting best headphones.

you're extra triggered lately

They look so blue in that pic

you know what's funny? he has to post a random picture of an hd600 off the internet instead of his own timestamped one

>ma900
High-fidelity treasures. Great sounding bass response. Smooth upper midrange.

literally scooped garbage just like beyershit

no. headphones.

>not a MA900 graph using a dummy head with a verifiably known compensation curve or a picture of your headphones with a non-shooped timestamp in the picture.
Wow, it's fucking nothing.

>dat 1k etch

OW MY EARS

Are you saying that STAXen suck too, since they tend to have a similar feature?
Anyways, here, have the only known MA900 measurement with a raw or known compensation curve response done with a dummy head. This is the graph you would post if you cared more about data integrity than shitposting.

Idol trash here. Anzu a cute. A cute!!
What's your setup like, user?

No fucking upper mids.

>no fucking headphones

stop ruining generals with your constant shitposting, post your headphones

What is the second best headphone behind the HD600?

>hd600
did you mean to say ma900?

please do not post this ugly boy

she's cute

What's this meme about him not owning them? Are you implying it's a false flag to make HD600 owners look worse? I never understood the "he doesn't even own them" thing.
t. HD600 owner who rarely browses this thread

MA900 soyboys wish their headphones were high fidelity like the HD600s.

there's an user here who shitposts, samefags, false flags, etc to gatekeep things he doesn't like. he's past the point of no return and can't post a pic+timestamp of his setup because then we will know who has been shitting up /hpg/. so we make fun of him for it. he unironically believes the hd600 is the best headphone ever made and that everything else is a jewish conspiracy

Oh, I get it now. Thanks.

What does high fidelity mean? Is there a technical objective definition? Is it a point on a scale? Or does it just mean "really good" in a general sense? Genuinely asking, by the way.

yup. these are his posts:

dictionary.com/browse/high-fidelity

>tfw I can't even appreciate the shitposts with the graphs because they don't mean anything to me

HD600
MA900

Huh. So the MA900 are less accurate then? Is this one of those cases where people prefer a more "flavored" sound rather than something neutral?

>I know the identity of anonymous posters
Two of those posts are mine.

no, they are all yours.

I've got Sennheiser HD280 and Sennheiser HD600. Should I move on to non-Sennheiser in the future, or is there one more model that is different enough from those two to be worth getting?

The MA900 is less accurate therefore it's a lower fidelity headphone, to further clarify it lacks sub-bass and upper midrange and has a nasty 1kHz etch. It's literally low fidelity shit.

HD800.

translation: he thinks the hd600 is the best headphone so anything that is not the hd600 is lower fidelity or colored

Sub-bass? How does that differ from regular bass?

>non-Sennperior headphones

Alright, cool. It might be a while before I get another pair of headphones, but I'll keep those in mind.

subbass is 65hz and below, it's different for everyone like sometimes 60hz. some people say

>different for everyone
So, it's a lower tone than what is considered normal bass, and not everyone perceives it the same way? Interesting. I'll try to remember 60hz. Are there any other important frequency points to remember?

Post low fidelity headphones.

I'll start.

>and not everyone perceives it the same way?
no, it's just pedantism. some people think subbass means 65hz and below, others 80hz and below, others 60hz. doesn't have anything to do with hearing

Just got a set of these.

I'm sorry.

stop being an asshole

This tree grows low fidelity headphones. I will have to cut it down.

Much more than $50, could sound better, look kinda stupid, but easily the best truly wireless headphones on the planet.

As long as you enjoy them, then that is all that matters.

>hmm, we have a design which is well-known to fall out of peoples' ears because of its failed attempt at being ergonomically shaped
>what should we do with it
>I know, let's make it completely wireless so it falls to the ground when it inevitably slips out of your ear and you step on it or it falls through grating into the sewer or something
lol apple

Yeah idk man, they never fall out of my ears. But I know that's a common issue.

verumsonus.com/monoprice-m1060-mods/

>monoprice chi-fi is garbage beyond help
not a surprise whatsoever

daily reminder that the HD6XX is $100 cheaper than the HD600 and performs better overall with EQ and mods

Lots of headphones outperform HD600 if you EQ them. The whole point of the HD600 is having a headphone you don't have to EQ.

You do have to EQ them

he doesn't have to do shit, it's user preference

For a "headphone" general you sure picked the literal lowest common denominator in regards to "headphone" by every measure, clearly for the purpose of posting the animu shit you can wank to.

but user, HD600 requires EQ to sound actually decent

cute feet

>hd600
>nobass

Get a superior headphone, like the HD800.

you obviously meant atticus, but I'll let it slide this time

Wonder why I hear so much more about the Atticus than the Eikon or the Auteur.

I mean, they're all bad but only one of them is regularly shilled here.

It's because they made the perfect closed back pair to another TOTL vs the eikon/auteur which is more neutral and expensive

Why do people like the CAL! ? Tried a pair and I didn't hear anything special about it.

I want to lick her feet

>and performs better overall with EQ and mod
This is opposite to everything I've read about the HD650, which unlike, HD600, doesn't do well with mods or EQ, and even scales poorly with amps.

>amp scaling
This is a meme.

t. no hd600 troll.

Shut up

>maki
OK, but you must hear maki @ hd600.

Probably best closed can around $50. Take a tour around Superlux land then try CAL.

Bro

So you're saying they sound like shit on the schiit?

I've just been using JVC Gummies for years now. When they break every 6 months, it's only like 8 bucks for a new pair.
Is this a bad thing?

they sound pretty good on the schiit, and anything else
even better with EQ

So they scale well with amps and do handle EQ well. Got it.

Scaling is a meme, but yes they EQ great

Maybe try them on the fulla2 or, even better, an e10k for the downscale experience.

I have an SMSL idea for portable use, they sound just fine out of that. My phone has audible issues (pops, noise) so they sound bad out of that.

>muh neutral headphones
>muh EQ
it's not neutral overall and lacks too much bass to be as good as everyone pretends it is
HD650 is the superior choice since it fixes the 600's frequency peaks with better bass and doesn't need as much "muh eq" to sound decent

>HD600 already has too much midbass
>yes, the one with even more midbass is obviously better
stop

>muh neutral
you can be yourself user, no one will judge you if you actually decide to have tastes

>whenever people disagree with me about FR it's 'muh neutral'
listen to yourself

>believing your eyes and not your ears for listening
>muh autism

Your schit must be too high end (or you're deaf...).
Mine do sound different no matter what I plug them to. :X

To be honest I agree with you, there's no true neutral but for actual reasons (no standard target, circle of confusion, hrtf, treble sensitivity, etc). But m8, your arguments are shit. Just stop talking

What does /hpg/ listen to on their headphones ?

Do i have to go through this every time
1 EQ filter makes 10x the difference an amp does. Maybe it's because i play around with EQ so much that my ears have no chance to acclimate to a certain sound.

timestamp or fake

I'm not rotating it fuck you

ok we're gucci, nice setup user-kun

What's some decent priced headphones stand I can get?

Lurk more faggot, maki user is a regular here