Did this low key fail miserably because I can't find any monitors that aren't super expensive with zero reviews or...

Did this low key fail miserably because I can't find any monitors that aren't super expensive with zero reviews or discontinued (IPS and VA not that TN trash).

The tech itself is god tier. You can play at any framerate over 30 and input wise it feels like 60

I use it every time I game, I'd never go back to a monitor without it.
Eliminates stuttering, tearing, and the jarring drops or changes in FPS.

I know it's a premium but it's worth it for the amount of time I spend playing.

these sound like shills

Get wrecked. You're on Sup Forums, yet you're afraid of tech.

You've never seen it working, so I understand. I spent 1000 dollarydoos on my Acer Predator and it's great

I just play on a real game platform.

The G-sync I had on my monitor was so great, I ran a FPS check and I was only getting like 35 fps and didn't notice. No screen tearing at all. It's godly.

>"hey describe what it's like"
>people describe how good it is
>"ree you were supposed to say negative things shill"
Sometimes I wish summer would fuck off.

fuck both of them. a monitor shouldnt be locked to a graphics card.
they whould have worked together and standardized it, or all monitor companies should have told them to fuck off.
>by a 10shitty
>want new monitors
>every monitor I like is for amds special features only
>every monitory I like is $300 more because of some dumbshit features Ill never be able to take advantage of

>not that TN trash
that's why. people don't care about goy-sync if it's not gonna go above 60fps.

>Did this low key fail miserably because I can't find any monitors that aren't super expensive with zero reviews or discontinued (IPS and VA not that TN trash).
They should have kept the separate diy monitor addon for sale, but made it cheaper, and compatible with more monitors.

It didnt really fail but sorta (d)evolved into a super premium product, just like their 3d gimmick.

>fuck both of them. a monitor shouldnt be locked to a graphics card.
>they whould have worked together and standardized it

"They" did. VESA adaptive sync is the standard. In literal terms. "FreeSync" is simply AMD's certification process to ensure that a specific monitor is bug-free with their cards. But they still run just fine on generic VESA adaptive sync monitors, because it's the exact same technology. Those companies just didn't pay for AMD's testing, so can't use the FreeSync branding (and you don't get to complain to AMD in the unlikely event that there's an incompatibility).

Nvidia are the only company refusing to support it. Intel and AMD both do, as do Microsoft (with the Xbox One X). Nvidia's proprietary horse shit is the outlier, as per usual. They are the only company on the planet that is pushing G-Sync.

>lowkey
Holy fucking shit go back to your instagram :D

Why doesn't Nvidia just adopt the freesync standard anyway?

>console
>real game platform
pick one

Because selling G-Sync modules to monitor manufacturers makes them money.

But they literally aren't selling any.

Have you compared it to freesync?
I'm curious how they compare.

Yeah, but they are. You're not paying very close attention to the monitor market if you think that there are no new G-Sync monitors. The first two 4K 144Hz monitors that'll be hitting the market early next year, the Asus PG27UQ and Acer Predator X27, are both G-Sync. There are at least five 1440p 165Hz G-Sync monitors on the market right now, as well a bunch more at lower refresh rate 1440p and 4K, along with a load of 1080p ones up to 240Hz.

There's literally no difference. They do the same thing. The only advantage G-Sync has is that it's completely standardised. You don't get "bad" implementations, because it's all handled by the add-in module. VESA adaptive sync is down to the monitor manufacturer to get right, which has resulted in some real shitty efforts and a lot with limited active ranges. The best ones are every bit as good as G-Sync monitors though.

I have one. It solved PC gaming forever for me.
No more FUCKING TEARING & no more FUCKING STUTTERING

It’s god tier (with a 1080)

so will my 10shitty work with the "amd freesync" monitors or will it just act like a normal oldschool monitor without the special shit?

It'll just be a regular monitor with no adaptive sync. Nvidia could enable support for VESA adaptive sync tomorrow via a driver update if they wanted to, but that wouldn't be profitable.

ok, thanks for explaining it.
so back to my original post about having a 10shitty and no "good" monitors that would work with it and being stuck with expensive "features" that Ill never be able to use.

It's pretty great. It's too bad for AMDrones because Freesync is legit trash.

same, biggest "night and day" upgrade I've ever seen was going from random shitty 60Hz to 144Hz + g-sync, will never go back

>"game" as a verb

he's wrong but not far from the truth, it's usually in the ball park of +15 FPS but don't take our word for it try it yourself. also freesync works in the same way.

>posting anime