Sup Forums makes the worst website ever

>what's the worst website you've ever seen?

>how can you make a website worse?

Not so much spam/malware, more terrible design

we could start with

( document ).click(function() {
$( "body" ).toggle( "bounce", { times: 4 }, "slow" );
});

Other urls found in this thread:

crashfirefox.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Binding a huge function to the js scroll event without rate limiting, so you need a fucking Threadripper to scroll somewhat smoothly

HRODC dot com

how would you do that?

>HRODC
fucking lol, that's hilarious

Rate limiting? At the start of said huge function, check if a boolean is true. If it is, immediately return, otherwise run the heavy code it's supposed to actually run, set the boolean to true and make a setTimeout that sets it to back to false in 17ms. Now your shit is much more performant and runs at approximately 60Hz, which still allows for smooth animations.

Infinite scroll but with a static footer. Youtube kind of does that on their front page so every time I want to click on something on the footer I end up clicking a shitty video instead.
Hijack the history buttons.
Autoplay videos with sound.
Load 50MB of fonts and scripts from as many different sources as possible. Bonus points for every 404.

useful thanks

using anchors as buttons, with a # or js:void href and other filthy hacks, destroying form submission mechanics and creating fake link mechanics where there are none at the same time (pressing enter on a field doesnt submit, and the "button" can be opened as a new tab)

the fucking idiots who do that personallt undo all progress in html and browsers that has been made over decades, because theyre too fucking retarded to accomplish their goals using the proper tools instead of mutating everything into something it isnt meant to be

using 4k unoptimized pngs for every single icon

disable changing mouse cursors on hovering elements. drives my autism mad

crashfirefox.com/

>b-but muh noscript
better not right click anywhere on the website :^)

>"disable adblock" popup
>passive-aggressive "subscribe to our newsletter" popup
>"download our app" popup on mobile site
>video autoplaying at max volume, bonus points if it moves to the side when you scroll down
>"click here to see the rest of the article" button
>multi-page article, bonus points if some of the pages are just ads, extra bonus points if it doesn't tell you when your reached the end of the article, just jumps to the beginning of the next one instead
>external links redirect you to one of those "watch this ad for 5 seconds" websites
>have to click on the comment section to make it visible
>2012 edition: "like our page on facebook and share this page to make the content visible"

Clashing. Colors.
Animated background.

A CSS menu where if you hover down it slowly, there are gaps that defocus the menu.
So you need to move the mouse quickly to jump the gap.
I've literally seen shit like that exist. It's fucking awful.

Make form elements random names so auto-fill fails.

I forgot a good one:
>right click disabled/images are under an invisible element, have to save images through the dev console

I have one site like that. It is on tor allyour4nert7pkh.onion

>crashfirefox.com/
I have that open on Firefox without noscript and it's not doing anything.

>HRODC dot com
you may not believe it, but this is what peak autism looks like

novomilenio DOT inf DOT br

this one is like a haunted house, it is still updated to this day and it contains an awful lot of information on lots of unrelated topics

Load a script or font from a dead link before page render. Usually takes about five seconds for the site to start rendering since it's waiting for the call to time out.

>what's the worst website you've ever seen?
One I worked on.

BEM was used but there was no separation of blocks and modifiers were used incorrectly, so you ended up with `page__element--mod__element__element` on every single page. I've never seen so many duplicated styles in my life. The performance was obviously shit. Visual inconsistencies and style bugs everywhere.

React was used and every page basically reimplemented everything in one giant component. This caused performance to take an even worse hit and caused tons of bugs. Unit tests add no value because we have no units to speak of. For the few components that are reusable, they've been so covered in hacks for whatever bug people were fixing that they break constantly.

It was an SPA for no reason. Half the people on the team didn't know how to deal with that and so half the time the second time you go to a page it will be broken. Also, the back button doesn't work and support has to tell this to people.

It also has server side rendering, implemented totally incorrectly. It takes longer to load than if it were a static site.

Then there's the API. There's no clear definition of resources, again everything is reimplemented constantly. We use huge monolithic SQL with copy-pasted sections. They're the least optimized queries I've ever seen too. It doesn't help that our database has almost no keys despite being a giant relational database. API calls take forever and fail as soon as you go off the beaten path. Routing is done improperly, our database accessor is absolute esoteric nonsense. It doesn't help that there's no error handling in the frontend code.

For that matter, there's no pagination either. Tens of thousands of rows are sent from the backend constantly. The performance is even worse because of this.

The codebase is impossible to work with. I've turned other projects around in a week, I haven't put a dent in it.

You want me to make the worst website I've ever seen? I literally couldn't if I tried

And the designs, god, the designs.

Based on forms that were designed in the 70s that were then ported to a codebase that was somehow even worse than ours. Full of decisions no one understanded, impractical user-specific features, and things that had been broken for a decade that everyone just accepted. There was no changing most of it.

However, our company wanted to modernize.

So we ended up with this mishmash of these industrial, functional tables and forms that needed optimal space to actually function and this half assed modern look with too much space to actually work on most screens. It would look clean and modern with about a tenth of the information of the page.

Design was plagued with more issues, but suffice it to say that devs designed most of the site.

any site that attempt a flat minimalist design but end up with a bloated nigger-rigged mess

worst would be twitter

I cant really comprehend how that abomination is seen as acceptable design
phones were a mistake

>crashfirefox.com/
a white page, way to go fuckwit

That has to be intentionally bad as a joke, surely?