Apple slowing down phones after releases

So what do you think about this Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-slow-8-x-release-date-latest-features-speed-chip-apps-ios-11-battery-a7990966.html
theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/09/apple-slowing-down-old-iphone-data-iphone-5s-iphone-6-iphone-6-iphone-7-ios-updates
bgr.com/2017/10/09/iphone-slow-new-iphones-rumor-debunked/
macrumors.com/2017/07/31/apple-denied-dismissal-facetime-ios-6-lawsuit/
thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html
hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/
9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/
engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/
cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/
wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Apple users Google searches are hardly definitive proof. That being said, it would in no way surprise me if that were the case.

Because every time a new phone is released a new major version of iOS is also released and has performance issues at first.

Their utter lack of software optimization works in their favor by slowing down your phone, which encourages you to buy a new one. I can't even imagine how much it must suck to be tech illiterate these days. iFaggots get jewed so hard and they don't even know it. Meanwhile I can buy a Nexus/Pixel/OnePlus and install LinageOS on it in like 5 minutes and get the latest updates for years without any slow downs. My 2013 Nexus 5 is on Nougat with a security update from a couple weeks ago. Updates are two taps and swipe away.

Just don't update your iOS retard. It's obvious that newer versions are optimised for newer hardware.

literally apple caught red handed but people are too stupid and will let it pass by

Placebo. I haven't owned an iPhone since 2012, but I can guarantee most people are experiencing placebo.

>Researchers might have finally debunked the biggest conspiracy theory about the iPhone.

>The handsets don't get slower when a new one comes out, the new study suggests. But that doesn't mean that you're wrong to think they do.

>Researchers compared the performance of a range of different iPhones over time and found that all of them behaved mostly consistently, no matter how old they were or what software they use. That's in direct contrast to the often repeated but false claim that Apple intentionally breaks or slows down devices when new phones come out.

independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-slow-8-x-release-date-latest-features-speed-chip-apps-ios-11-battery-a7990966.html

theguardian.com/technology/2017/oct/09/apple-slowing-down-old-iphone-data-iphone-5s-iphone-6-iphone-6-iphone-7-ios-updates

bgr.com/2017/10/09/iphone-slow-new-iphones-rumor-debunked/

Go tell that to the judge that denied apple motion to dismiss the iOS gimping lawsuits piling up.

iOS literally shits on the batttery on all older iPhones.

Intentional performance issues

I really don't like people using that word bit in this case that use of the word is correct.

Gonna need a source on that.
Performance isn’t battery life.
Also, it’s mostly to do with how the batteries are draining overtime. My iPhone 5s still has 1500mAh out of a 1570mAh design capacity left, and I can still pull 6 hours SoT with it.

Yes we all know the original iOS 11 update had issues but these have been all but resolved by 11.2.

macrumors.com/2017/07/31/apple-denied-dismissal-facetime-ios-6-lawsuit/

No they haven't, which is why I'm putting my iPhone 6S on ebay after multiple factory resets.

Actually a few years ago i got an iphone 3gs from a friend and i tried.original firmware and final firmware and yes the latest ios was slow.

Then explain how my 5s is doing fine with 5-6 hours SoT and very minimal lag. Granted I have reduce motion turned on but I hate long animations.

proof because my newer 6s was shitting itself by lunchtime after iOS 11

3g was released in fucking 2009

iToddlers have defended this.

apple downclocks the soc according to the total remaining battery so if the battery decays over time then it will be clocked lower

No, you're talking about constant overheating and thermal throttling all iPhones have. And that's on top of the TDP throttle too.

only correct answer in the thread

it's true. verify it on your own iphone

> has enough money to wage war in iraq
> surprised it can 'accidentally' engineer slowness into new phones

why would they not do this?

were that the case, wouldn't the google results be more linear?

People do not notice gradual change easily. But it will be noticed when they see an even faster new phone.

interesting idea
now do you have any sources to verify these facts?

run geekbench on your iphone. Then replace with old battery. run geekbench again. combare

I don't own an iphone.
Surely someone else has run this sort of test though, would you happen to have a source?

>my ishit lags and can't even dial numbers without lagging and webpages are so slow WTF!!
>just run this gookbench app when it's fully loaded into ram
>SEEE NO SLOWDOWN!!!11 APEL WINZ AGEN!!

there's a source oper on reddit pls enjoy at nearest convenience

>IOS 11

That's just apple making a buggy ios.

>everyone in the thread having a good discussion
>the one assblasted droidtoddler who shits it all up

Not all android users are droidtoddlers, but as we can see from this persons tantrum, his mental age is certainly

That was the excuse for iOS 9 and 8. Is apple only capable of making buggy mobile OS now?

I think he was referring to the calculator bug which still affects a significant portion of people who refuse to update.

>63778063
>set wallpaper as screenshot
>only scroll on widget screen
>Apple btfo

You’re only going to post more shitty WebMs, so you don’t even get a (You).

>63778124
>show evidence of how fucking broken iOS is
>literally shows at the end it's not a fucking wallpaper
>"hurrrr durrrr WROANGD X{"

iToddlers everyone

Do you ever watch something where you just want to snatch the device from the person? I get it, it's buggy. Press the home button, and if that doesn't work, reset the device. Don't just keep fucking with it.

Not even interested in iOS, but that shit is pure rage fuel for me.

>now

Not who you were(n't) responding to, but exactly how does it show that it's not a wallpaper?

>63778166
Doesn’t even watch his own videos lmao

Indexing a device takes resources. On major updates you have to index a lot of stuff. You can update and do a factory reset to make indexing finish much quicker. The issue is when people don't reset their devices and have old data from iOS 8->9->-10->11.

When the keyboard pops up the home screen wallpaper persists, it's not supposed to do that.

>63778348
not an argument

Also:
>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege and basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
>this is how utterly shit stock iOS is and what i'd rather settle with so i can "break out of jail"

Pretty much this.

When I got my iPhone off faceberg the first thing I did was DFU restore through iTunes.

So iOS is eternally in BETA? Wow.

>getting btfo by your own video isn’t an argument.

>63778399
>so assblasted he cant even respond to a video blowing him out

I'm on the 6S (16GB). Before that, it was the 4S (8GB). Before that, it was the 4 (8GB). I've never felt iOS go slow, and I only updated when the old model was no longer supported.

Every Android phone I've used, on the other hand (Casio Commando, Droid3, HTC Rhyme, and LG Optimus V) started slow, and stayed there.

what?

>get uber cheap shitty non-oneplus Android phone
>"why is android so slow ;_;"

Yeah, the Motorolla Droid 3 sure was a cheap phone. Not at all the flagship of its time.

Unlike Android, where you seldom, if ever, get off the release that came with the phone when you bought it.
Mainly because there's no way to upgrade, but also because the networks don't provision it and the maker didn't want to.

Better than than eternal glitch OS

Is it? I think it depends on the glitch. Better to get security patches and deal with the occasional hiccup than to not get the security patches (and this is not even bothering to argue that android doesn't have glitches, which it does). That said, better to not have security updates, but to not have to deal with phones self-bricking (although I haven't seen iPhones brick all by themselves).

>you seldom, if ever, get off the release that came with the phone when you bought it
What?

stop being poor

Now why did you have to go bringing facts into this. Jealous lagdroid users don't deal in facts, they deal in memes.

>he says, referring to android as lagdroid
Hypocrite. :^)

Because people suddenly have 1 year newer hardware to compare theirs with.

What security updates?

If you're unaware that smartphone OS updates include security patches, then you have no business being on this board.

You do realize that this is more a psychological effect (that isn't particularly surprising) than anything.

I have a Samsung S7. Updated the OS a week ago. Battery has been draining significantly faster than before.

I went to bed yesterday after putting my phone to flight-mode; it had around 20% battery charge left. Woke up to a dead phone.

What's the solution? Is this a good idea:

No I mean, what iOS security updates? What fappening wave ate we on anyway? I've lost count.

thehackernews.com/2017/08/frappening-celebrity-photos.html

hongkongfp.com/2017/06/08/china-uncovers-massive-underground-network-apple-employees-selling-customers-personal-data/

9to5mac.com/2016/04/19/apple-transparency-report-law-enforcement-requests/

engadget.com/2016/07/21/kickasstorrents-apple-facebook-homeland-security/

cnet.com/news/iphone-apple-brassiere-photos-nude-pictures/

Do you think iOS is the same thing as iCloud? You realize it is entirely possible to use iOS without using iCloud, right?

I'm using an iPhone 5 since release and got every major update on it. I am pretty convinced that the supposed slow-down is simply due to specific apps getting slower and slower from release to release, not really due to the UI being sluggish. The UI itself feels like on day 1, but starting and using more recent apps can get cumbersome in some cases. If anything, documents this behavior: A new phone gets released, and the old one feels old and slow. That's all that is happening,

That is not apple slowing down phones, its new iOS releases. Not that I'm giving excuses for launching software like this but the exact same thing would happen on android if it had syncronized updates on devices.

You can clearly see on the graph that iOS 9 and 10 were much less buggy on release, and iOS 11 much more buggy

The old spikes might be different thought, that was when they were still updating iPhone 4s and earlier, which had shit hardware.

Right but there's still no security updates.

You wanna know how I know? A family member updated their iPhone to the latest iOS 11 version but forgot their passcode. We went over to a chink in a strip mall and he unlocked it for $50. Everything was there, he didn't even factory reset it.

>Siding with people whose password is "hello123"

>5 hours SoT
>iPhone
Please post proof.
Otherwise I'm calling bullshit.

according to this graph, they slow down the phones BEFORE a release

Neat story. I really like the lack of a business name that supposedly did this (because you're full of shit).

Also, so is your claim that there aren't security updates. Security updates go beyond the password screen of the phone. Do you know what KRACK is? It's a pretty big deal, and it's pretty important that it gets patched.

I'm not even interested in defending the iPhone, but security patches DO occur. I prove your claim that "there's still no security updates" wrong simply by saying that they patched their devices against KRACK. That's a security update.

They have like two models of phones for the last generation. It really should not be that difficult to test before release.

nice blogpost, how do I unsubscribe?

Nope, it was apple's fault in the 2nd and 3rd wave. Not sure who's fault it is on the 4th wave.

Just drive down to the range, rent a gun, buy a bullet, and shoot yourself in the head.

>Gets BTFO
>Goes for ad hominem
Boy, oh boy, you sure got him good! You came off as an idiot. He just decided to show you how stupid you sounded, making the claims that you made. There's plenty of reasons to dislike the iPhone, but the fact that they support their devices for year, pushing out security patches and the like for old models, isn't really one of those reasons.

WEW
E
W

give link

I don't actually like iOS or Apple. But that doesn't mean that I think its a good idea to spread misinformation. There's plenty of shit to grill both over without needing to start lying.

That said, looking at your image, Windows isn't any better.

wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

*blogposts harder*

>*blogposts harder*
The only blogpost in this exchange was Specifically:
>A family member updated their iPhone to the latest iOS 11 version but forgot their passcode. We went over to a chink in a strip mall and he unlocked it for $50. Everything was there, he didn't even factory reset it.

>Search for "iCloud"
>no results

0/10 bait

dumbass

So you have no actual concrete evidence for what you say, thought so.

You're trying too hard.

>Have iPhone 7 Plus
>Best performance ever seen in a phone
>Battery lasts 2-3 days with light use
>Android fags stay mad

Pathetic
>Have iPhone X©®™
>Better performance ever seen on an electronic device
>Battery lasts 4-6 days with heavy use
>Android fags stay absolutely BTFO

I've got a 5S and im still on 11.03. Will update to 11.2 tonight but my phone's been lagging in some instances and the battery life has been poorer than usual. Sometimes it will shut off randomly in the cold weather or when at 10-30% battery and only turn back on when charged. Sometimes it'll remain on 1% for ages before dying.

Pathetic
>Have Casio G'zOne Rock
>Best performance ever seen on a phone
>Battery lasts half a month with regular use
>Even has a switchblade function, opening with a press of the button.
>Smartphone fags stay eternally asspained.

>have oneplus 3t
>Best performance and price ever seen in a phone
>Batter lasts 3-4 days with light use
>ipoop fags shitpost in rage

Isn't that the chick that makes sandwiches for linusdicktips?

>applel
Found your problem.

>quotes someone mentioning phones that are more expensive than iPhones
>S-S-S-STOP BEING POOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And besides, phones aren't really that expensive, and if you treat your phone as a class divider, you may be the poor one here.

>replied to a comment posted 6 hours ago

>the pinnacle of itoddler arguments

>calling someone’s an itoddler with no basis on the devices they own
>the pinnacle of arguments

>being an itoddler
>the pinnacle of assblasted