Snapdragon 845

Is this /our SoC/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qARozmOb9PY
realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=136526&curpostid=136666
realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=159853&curpostid=159860
realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=159853&curpostid=159862
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

will this SOC have an intel ME equivalent?

perhaps the "Secure Processing Unit". More information on this needs to be released

it's going to be slower than the a10x if not the a10

a10 is already slower than the 835

in fact I'm pretty sure the 835 matches the a10x in real world use performance.

youtu.be/qARozmOb9PY

Will it be open sourced?

Why do these pieces of shit open shit slower than my almost soon to be 5 year old Htc one m7 with stock android?

>slower
Yeah slower at a synthetic bench that has nothing to do with real world performance.

realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=136526&curpostid=136666

realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=159853&curpostid=159860

realworldtech.com/forum/?threadid=159853&curpostid=159862

Nope, SD 855 is

> no x86
> can't run MS-DOS on it

dropped

Nope, SD 865 is

By the time that comes out 8 Apple A15 cores 10W will be 70% faster than 8 Intel cores 95W cores

>Citation needed

Video was filmed before they fixed the huge iOS memory leak. Notice how the iPhone can't keep any of the apps open. That's why it lost.

And then Fruityfags woke up.

They won't. They can't even beat snapovens, see Also I don't think apple will be around much longer, people are avoiding it when they find out a literal fag runs it. You know cause sodomy is an unforgivable sin and whatnot.

Nope, this was after that. Before that it lost to the Note 8.

graphene cpu can reach Thz m8
no one will actually care

>Microsoft put windows on SD835
>qualcomm makes them obsolete in the same hour

>ARM
I'd take TrustZone for 300.

>"lost"
I'm an android user (I wish I was a gnuphone user) and I'll never buy appuru shit. But it didn't lose anything. I mean, what's the difference? What if the iPhone takes a split second more to do this, what if Android's interface is a bit slower there? In real, human use, what does it matter?
The only horrible flaws I see in Android are the camera and the keyboard. Both should be permanently loaded and appear immediately, no matter what. But this would be difficult with several vendors customizing it.

my phone so fast it goes vroom vroom

The 800 series has been a joke since the 810. The 800/801 were super solid but now the 600 series is the best balance of performance, features, and low power consumption.

This is just part of product development, it will be like 8 months before it's used in a device and the microsoft and qualcomm partners only had the 835 to work with.

What is the use case for high end phone CPUs like this? I currently use a MTK6753 and have never found myself down on CPU power.

Multi-tasking but you can only take advantage of it when you have a lot of RAM (see 8GB RAM oneplus 5T).

To the rest of you: you have to remember that apple SoCs constantly overheat and thermal throttle after a few minutes of heavy use so don't take them seriously, like at all.

It's not open source

You're not wrong...

Any specific apps though?

Web browsers and 4chins/leddit cliens mainly but also pic/video editing apps and 3D gaymes.

Also having more RAM means you can worry about clearing app cache less as it will take significantly longer before your phone has to kill apps and constantly reload them when you switch between them.

I will enjoy my 1300W TDP CPU.

I bet AMD is jealous it doesn't have a 1000W CPU

¿this shit will be able to run the ps2 emulator or even dolphin at 60fps in 1080p?

The 835 can run dolphin at 60fps

Will it work with only free and open source software? If not, I don't want it.

You're wrong. Both the 820 and 835 have had decent performance improvements. The 6XX SoC's are still mostly turds, not so much on the CPU side, but the GPU is always heavily lacking.

Dolphin runs like shit on android, regardless of SoC. Doubt that there are even many games that go beyond the title screen. Also the snapdragon would handle stuff like pcsx2 trough software emulation and I'm not sure if it would even start.

>android

I was just playing F-Zero GX, Mario Sunshine and Windwaker off Dolphin flawlessly on my Note 8. Stop spouting shit faggot.

>Aqstic Audio
>Aqstic

Alright, that's crossing a line of stupidity they'll never come back from.