/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Open Frame Chassis Edition.

>How to delid your CPU:
youtube.com/watch?v=bwg0HRw17lY

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>G4560/G4600 for non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM)
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Consider Vega 56 for a Freesync monitor
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>GTX 1050Ti and 3GB 1060 are the only reasonably priced cards; 6GB 1060 or 4GB 580 if you want to overpay a little
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352048
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rt3hRG
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Unreal-Engine-4-16-CPU-Comparison-Skylake-X-Kaby-Lake-X-Broadwell-E-Skylake-Ryzen-7-984/
pcpartpicker.com/list/pn867h
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for intel

"3000MHz is as high as anyone should ever go."

$1800 dollars for parts and here i am fucking mining on osrs.

I don't plan on overclocking ram or my cpu because of my 3d modeling purposes. Since I'm building from nothing, would i5 8600k/i7 8700 + 3200Mhz ram be better? Last thread said something about Coffee lake cpus needing certain motherboards to use which is shit. Any alternatives I can use for CPU? (don't say ryshit) Also I'm still wondering if there is any benefit for 8700 vs 8600k.

Literally kill yourself.

Is it worth mining with a 1060?
Apparently I can make $100 a month

> AB350M non-pro4 motherboard for the 1600 build in the example

i plan too. i had a $400 laptop that did i could do the same shit on

I need to reinstall my cpu in search for fixing some problem. Do I have to reinstall OS/driver/anything?

>1440p/144hz gsync are all IPS with blb and terrible qc
>1080p/144 is a consideration but TN image looks like ass and i would have to downsize to 24" for acceptable dpi
>21:9 VA 100hz monitors seem like a decent option but they cost $1200
hmmm

No

No but i bought a MSI GTX 1080 to fucking mine at the motherlode mine

he's not doing that kind of mining

fishing level?

I just want to point out again how retarded this suggestion this is.

i wish i went with AMD Vega fucking g sync monitors are fucking expensive

What's a good microatx motherboard to go with a g4560?

I have 1080 Ti build and I just watch animu. What are you gonna do about it faggot?

I'm really regretting getting the 1080 on sale atm t bh even though I made a decent saving I feel like I've locked myself in with terrible monitor choices. I'm sure I'll be happy once its all here though, I just can't figure out what monitor to actually buy.

>not spending 2k on TR + 2x fury upgrade to play visual novels.

come on now

Is it ok to store parts and keyboards, mice and whatnot for a couple of weeks until I actually start building?

81 fishing 85 cooking 94 mining 66 smithing, 75 crafting 89 woodcutting. 89k away from 90 but fuck that shit.
1 hunter because that skill is aids

$3.8k here and spent most of yesterday on OSRS

There's never any reason to go over 3200MHz, dumbdumb.
For 3D modeling, you want more capacity, not frequency.

nice

Oh runescape,?

If i did that id blow my brains out.

Well i am a majikoi fan..

I am. don't have any choice though as I got a medical bill that pushed me back

I have an old A78M-E45 sitting around but nothing to put it in, and no CPU. I've got 8gb of DDR3 as well, what CPU/GPU should I buy to build a PC that could theoretically play any game before 2015 at 1080p, 60fps? I don't really have an interest in games but this board has been sitting here for like three years now and it would be nice to re-purpose my main rig into an HTPC by building a new one.

any regret?

>majikoi
i really should finish that

Just keep them out in the open in room temperature or?

>There's never any reason to go over 3200MHz

I keep my spare parts inside a freezer, makes them nice and crunchy.

Most of my life yes but the computer is a nice distraction
Just in the cupboard my man it won't make a difference

let me tell you
Majikoi! Wanko best girl
Majikoi S Tsubame best girl
Majikoi A-1 Benkei best girl
Majikoi A-2 Was pretty shit but I'd bang cookie

do you regret that?

What's wrong?

yeah, i had my ram,psu and cpu in their boxes for a month until the mobo got replaced

Is it worth bying a new motherboard to overclock my RAM? I bought a package on sale with locked mobo, buying a new mobo still make the whole thing cheaper than buying the parts separately.

vcore vrm has a heatsink, but the rest of vrm doesn't. It's even shittier than the PRO4, and that thing is already not that great (best B350 board though).

>doesn't have any counter evidence
>posts meme image from reddit instead
Like the complete idiot you are.

Just stop it. You two pajeets shitted up these threads as if it was your designated street here.

FUCKING $200 FOR 16GB DDR4 RAM

fuck

No. I have nothing else to spend my money on.

Stop spamming, idiot.

Want to hear people personal opinion on perfect temperature range, no judging, just your thoughts.
Also send some noodz

First it was 3000mhz, now its 3200mhz. Soon other user will realise that some workloads do scale nicely with memory bandwidth and then we'll have another random speed that never has a reason to go over.

I wonder if the next one will be "there is never any reason to go over dual channel"?

Is there actually any difference in noise and performance for a traditional air cooled system vs a water cooled system?

Don't buy an AIO - if you are going to watercool build a loop.

No human should ever go above 3400 MHz RAM speed

What makes the i7 not be a more common choice than the i5 paired with a gtx 1080?

The price?

Is there any danger in not putting the IO panel on the case?

Worried if I buy a Coffee Lake CPU and motherboard, Will they fuck me over like they did with the Kobe Lake CPU owners?

FFUUUCKING PAPER LAUNCH, REEEEEEE!!!!

The human brain can't program pass 2666 MHz RAM anyway.

As long as you're careful plugging in cables there it's shouldn't be an issue, it's mostly for astethics.

the price and the fact that it offers absolutely negligible advantages in most cases.

Samefag.

I can tell you're really insecure over being correctly labeled an idiot for wasting your money.

Its from Facebook you mook
Also I'm just showing you how futile your debate with each other is.

Coffee lake won't be in stock til mid-January at the earliest. At that point you might as well get zen2

what do you mean?

no, it just leaves a hole open for things to get in. Why don't you put it in though? your motor skills can't suck that much.

are there any cases that don't look gay? trying to find a new one but not impressed by any ive seen

>At that point you might as well get zen2
For worse gaming performance? No ty.

FUCKING $500 FOR A RX580!!!!

fuck

Tfw using 1600MHz DDR3 ram in the the current year

Do these cases make for cooler temps? Or is a closed case with fans better for cooling?

on a xeon e3 1230v3 and an R9 290. I wanted to upgrade multiple times but i have no reason to do so

Corsair Carbide Series Quiet 600Q

I'll help you since I was just leaving.
Fractal Design is your friend.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352048
If you want windowed you can get it as well, the design is very well thought out and pretty comfy.
-t.Ryzen1700 owner of the case
Wait for a sale or look in the web for one cheap, Newegg usually brings it to $85-90 normally. Meshify C is good too if you want less drive space.

I just hate doing it. Always scared I'd scratch the back of the board with the stand-offs and if the metal things bend inwards the port I'd fry something.

>Also send some noodz
D-don't look s-senpai.

I think I'm going to go with an Athlon X4-880k because it's one of the only CPUs that doesn't have integrated graphics. What's the strongest GPU I can buy that won't be bottlenecked by it?

You can cry shill all you want, it won't help you win the benchmarks. Also, Ryzen 2 doesn't come out until way later, so you don't even know your AMD well.

In theory yes they can run cooler.

It says coffee lake for 414 here.
pcpartpicker.com/list/Rt3hRG
Is it supposed to be sold at a lower price?

This is last build for light Gaming, Unreal, Daw, and 3d rendering purposes. Might OC for gaming but not for development. Will the cooler be enough? Is the Gfx I choose shit? Plz rate.

Worried once I buy this Z370, it will be obsolete by the time I do a cpu upgrade since that's what they did to Kabe Lake, no backwards compatibility for the MB.

Preorder on the 16th of January, m80.

Coffee lake is on a dead end socket - cannon lake is Intel's next arhcitecture and it sure as fuck won't support coffee.

Fuck off kike. Coffee lake is trash even Intel knows it.

Waste of money like never before.

I have xb271hu, got it recently. No blb. Get fucked

>Worried once I buy this Z370, it will be obsolete by the time I do a cpu upgrade
That has happened with every platform since nehalem. Two generations per socket, or as it happened now, even less. You won't upgrade from coffeelake to icelake for what, the usual 10-15% performance increase? And whatever the generation after that will use, it won't be 1151. Heck, we don't even know if icelake will be released for 1151.

cannonlake is low power stuff mainly for notebooks

Ryzen is good for budget, not for me. pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Unreal-Engine-4-16-CPU-Comparison-Skylake-X-Kaby-Lake-X-Broadwell-E-Skylake-Ryzen-7-984/
Ryzen 7 can't even compete with prev gen 4 core 7700k for my purposes.

Mobile first yo - it will be the basis for the next mainstream socket.

Phanteks ethoo pro m. I've got it and its comfy af and it has good airflow.

that's icelake, isn't it?

>for my purposes
Which are what exactly? And it can if it's oc'd.

You would actually end up spending less doing a threadripper build than you would on maxing out coffee lake. Plus you have to delid. Plus you have to deal with burning up your vrms and mobo due to Intel horrendous power management issues. Plus Intel will just dump another new chipset next year rendering coffee lake obsolete and X370 obsolete with less than a full year of release. They will have to in order to compete with ryzen 2.

If you really need more power wait until February for ryzen 2 or build threadripper.

Or if you want to just suicide your wallet get an i9 delid and oc it. But gl cooling that shit.

The point is there is no point at which coffee lake makes sense.

Lol end your fucking life
8700 and 8700k blows anything ryzen 7 out of the water and 8400 closes the workstation gap of a 1600 by a marginal amount while dominating at everything else for the same price. Fuck off

what dirty little whore.

I wish there were some mid-range mobo options out to use the 8700 or 8400 with though

My 980ti warranty is running out this month so I'm planing on selling it
I can sell it for 330€ and buy a 1060 3GB for 220 or so and sell it in a year or when GPU prices stop being retarded

I already finished any game that would NEED a humongous GPU to properly run so there is any reason to don't do this?

>window
You must be over the age of 18 to post on Sup Forums

pcpartpicker.com/list/pn867h

Just won the Titan XP in a Giveway! :-)

I'm really unsure if i should use the NZXT H440 or the beQuiet! Dark Base 700.
I've used the H440 in the past and its a really nice case but the beQuiet looks really interesting.

I can't decide on a CPU Cooler.
I'd really love to get a AIO but the last 2 that i used were really annoying in terms of pump noise.
Any recommendation for a silent/inaudible AIO?

I'm going to use whatever 3200Mhz RAM is the cheapest.

Budget for the System is ~1300€

Why would you ever want to downgrade?

Wrong!

I don't need a 250w GPU for anything anymore I get 100€ and refresh my warranty