So, moot said captcha was a temporal fix to solve the spam issue

So, moot said captcha was a temporal fix to solve the spam issue
That was in 2008, 10 years ago, when fuck is moot going to remove captcha?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/hapas
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>moot
who?

there was a period that it was removed and then reinstated very soon after

who?

The internet and google inventor

weird, the only person I recall that goes by that name is some no-name google employee

>moot
Friendship ended with moot
Now hiro is my best friend

>tfw still remember the countless Kimmo spam
CAPTCHA is a necessary evil

turns out it was about more than spam and that moot doesn't love us anymore :^(

Fuck hiroshima. 2 bombs weren't enough

Hiro invented Sup Forums, and this moot did what? shitposted and got banned for life, that's why he got a job and a gf that cucks him.

Member accelerator poster?

He’s still here, occasionally he comes out of hiding

He went to google to fight the system from within.

I say replace Google captcha with crypto-mining PoW captcha.

Having A captcha isn't a problem, it's just the Google Captcha. If we had a generic one like Cripplechan then there wouldn't be a problem. Also moot is gone bro.

Truly everyone is here forever, even trolls

this

the main problem is spammers have gotten worse and worse over the years, captcha is the only thing keeping them at bay here. look at other sites that even have accounts and their top comments from every story will be a new spam, the only thing protecting Sup Forums is its next to impossible for simple spam bots to do google's captcha, and the barrier to entry on capchaless posting is 20$

Of course, he is moot jr

>Captcha Error: Try Again

What the fuck is he even doing at google?
I mean, his actual work

Breaking captcha is really easy task - just use death2captcha, anticaptcha or anything like that with rotating proxy.

Yes please

Jester.

Community management overhead

What will Sup Forums do when legacy captcha is removed in the coming months?

I've got a pass that a fuckboi in canada renews for me in exchange for small favors (such as hosting a minecraft server for him and his friends on the server in my basement). Still, when legacy captcha is gone, I will be sad.

I'll buy a pass probably. New-style captcha is fine on a phone but AIDS with a mouse.

The guy who made facebook

>implying the spam issue has been fixed.

See if there's some way to get a noscript captcha or some shit. I'd rather copy and paste from that stupid box.

use noscript V2, it's faster than legacy already

Chief Cuckold Officer

There's basically no spam on Sup Forums.

Hell, I hardly even get spam email anymore.

Boypussy

Yeah you only need to suck google dick for it

wtf is this? why am i getting this? i can't make a new thread because of this. i can only reply to threads by using legacy captcha

the captcha is not for spam. there was never really a spam problem on Sup Forums before the captcha existed. the reason the captcha exists is to force people to pay for a Sup Forums pass. it's a money making scheme. it's purpose is to inconvenience people to point of wanting to pay for a Sup Forums pass. Sup Forums probably loves that the captcha is worse. they have no reason to fix it since it is making them money

>There's basically no spam on Sup Forums.
Yeah, because of captcha.
Spam used to be so problematic it was almost impossible to have coherent threads on anything before spam and sagebombs went off, tanking the thread.

>being this much of a newfag

>there was never really a spam problem on Sup Forums before the captcha

in fact, a lot of sites not only Sup Forums use the captcha to force people to pay for their premium service. if you ever tried to pirate shit you will know what i am talking about

No they don't, you retard. Captcha is widely used as an anti-spam, anti-bot measure. It's a natural opportunity to offer people the ability to buy a bypass of some kind as a result of implementing this, but it's not some evil jew ploy.

We will use the non-legacy CAPTCHA and print on our resumes, "AI Trainer at Google".

Stop posting, maybe (doubtful though) buy a pass

>there was never a spam problem before captcha
I wish I had some images of the boards completely destroyed by spam. We're talking 10 pages of nothing but automated posts.

The captcha was around for years before the pass was introduced. The pass is just a way to bank on the necessity of the captcha.

the temporary fix was applied while searching for another solution to the spam problem.

no other solution was found, so captcha is now a permanent solution.

How much money did moot and now hiro make from bitcoin Sup Forums passes?

>tfw i was locked out of all recaptcha sites for no reason the other day. For no reason I was flagged somehow as having "automated queries".
>tfw google's "support" forum was other people in the same situation posting for help and being completely ignored.
Fuck google and fuck recaptcha. I don't mind captcha but fuck their ability to lock you out of the internet for no reason. I am a fucking Sup Forumsentooman and I checked all my devices and did traffic analysis and there was nothing "automated" coming out of anything on my network. But they don't give a fuck if i'm locked out of sites that require recaptcha.

moot is never going to remove captcha

The anontalk spam was bad, but Sup Forums.hta is what caused captcha to be implemented.

>who is kimmo alm

>shitposted and got banned for life

you're trying to cheat the botnet
botnet fights back

what the fuck?

i wonder if moot still lurks or would google fire him on the spot

Captcha didnt happen until spam in like 2011-2012. And he did try to drop it a few times. But the site was being spammed by some high level AI with a million proxies.
It was funny as shit because it was learning board culture, but from an administration standpoint it needed to be stopped.
After a few years Moot gave up and decided to monetize captcha because the people over the spamming would lose money instead of gain it.
Just use legacy captcha.

a rare picture of Intel's worker applying their famous thermal grease on CPU

I doubt Google has a browse Sup Forums and you're fired policy

I found this site in 2010 and it already had a captcha

It was supposed to be an AA, but it didn't work

They'll eventually lock out everyone that doesn't use Chrome and has an Adblocker.

Get with the times OP, it's Moot's son Gook who controls the board now.

I think he means mutt?

>What the fuck is he even doing at google?
Google has enough money they can just buy interesting people to say that they work for Google

see Milton Friedman's grandson

instructions please

I found this site in 2010. It did not have captcha. I remember the spam that forced moots hand. It was hilarious.

All those colored Alex from Clockwork Orange posters.

Then either either the captcha was introduced in 2010 and you found it beforehand or you're a liar.

>mfw captcha

>Ctrl+f
>The surgeon
>None found

You don't get to complain about the captcha until you've seen this shit

I wish they made it even more bothersome so brainlets would stop posting, but those are already doing 3 or 4 captchas to post their attention seeking retarded opinions so i don't know what will stop them.

I'm pretty sure captcha was later than 2008 because it didn't exist for a few years after I started coming here and I think that was in 2009.

Im having a hard time remembering the images the spambot posted. Wasnt it something procedurally generated
Nah was here in 2010. Captcha wasnt.

>moot said captcha was a temporal fix to solve the spam issue

That's not what he said at all.
He said it was an intentional speed bump to make posting slower, in the hopes that the userbase would stop treating Sup Forums like a chatroom.

>Sup Forums is still not open source

why

saged and reported

>WMAF posting pretty asian girls webms
reddit.com/r/hapas

Migrate over to 8ch

>Sup Forumschan

DSFARGEG

How much reddit can this thread contain?

Newfags will never recognize that image or remember doctorposting

>even moot left Sup Forums and married and breed
>we are still here

topkek

So, hiro did anything at all in all in the past years?
Is he just still there selling data and adds?

Sup Forums was literally sold for 2M dolla

>page 10
Wait, juden mods autosaged this thread?

100k actually