Why do iPhones constantly overheat and thermal throttle so much?

Why do iPhones constantly overheat and thermal throttle so much?

My sister just got her 8 plus from a lease on t-mobile and she keeps coming to me because the little shit won't fucking charge due to how hot it gets. She's using the charger that came with the iPhone and now she just turns it off to charge it. Also when she does use it she occasionally gets the "iPhone is too hot" message.

Could hers just be a faulty unit and if so how common is this?

Its never happened to me or the wife. I use the SE. She uses a 6S, but has also used a 4 and a 4S.

I had an iPod touch 4g that had the same issue.

Turn off WiFi or use airplane mode when charging, that seemed to fix it for me.

Because apple doesnt know how to disperse heat correctly, and keeps jamming faster and faster chips into their iphones while making them ever thinner.
Which means they cant disperse the heat, the chip throttles, you get shit battery life, and all the performance goes out the window. But it looks good on benchmarks!

My se stays cool as a cucumber.

I bought an iPhone 7 for my wife’s son and it constantly overheats when he plays Pokemon Go, I don’t know what is up with that.

>my wife's phone

>iPhones
Found your problem.

She must've gotten a defective unit. That is not normal.
I've been charging my last few iPhones with an iPad charger for faster charging and even that doesn't make them hot.

Have it replaced.

nice b8

Replace it before it blows up and your girlfriend needs skin grafts.

I've had every iPhone except the SE, 5C and the non-plus models and never had an issue. iPhone is the only Apple thing I have, I just want to use the best phone, if Android was the best I'd use it but it's not so I don't.

>>I just want to use the best phone
>buys ishit instead

It's possible that this is caused by your sister being too hot, please provide pics.

t. green bubble

wtf user

Trying too hard man.

You're worse than the first guy I quoted.

God I love this pic.

it's faulty you dumb nigger. go replace it in store while you're still in the grace period. (otherwise you'll have to deal with an RMA)

How common is OP's problem and are these the problems that lead to iPhones that violently detonate and cause huge lacerations and 3rd degree burns to human flesh?

not common at all. but not impossible. literally anything with rechargeable batteries can overheat if there's a defect with the charging system or battery.

But why do they keep functioning like in OP's case. Where's the ka-boom?

the grace period is a year if he takes it to an apple store

yeah it's fucked m8

It's faulty.

>iPhones
Found your problem.