twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chat rooms on WinMX were the shit.

never post here again

The new version is called Cortana.

2600 master race

logo

>3D
>not original
Also I remember Storybook Weaver for some reason. Maybe because it had odd pronunciations.

Well, that and several games.

>from your childhood
People still use XP you know

Yeah, but I don't since I'm sane.

>tfw you never had a childhood nor a computer when you was a child

they used to make us cover our hands with felt so we didn't look at the keyboard.
I cheated and looked anyway, probably why I still only have 60 wpm

>posts on Sup Forums
>doesn't use the superior OS

You can't not have had a childhood considering you can't not have been a child, idgaf about your sob story either.

Actually since we're posting games... who remembers Math Circus from school?
And for leafs only, Cross Country Canada?

I don't know about that, but I remember some digital board game where you connected to other students in the class and played together on some board that looked like a pizza. Then board pieces were pizza ingredients like pepperoni, cheddar, etc. Can't remember the name for the life of me though.
There was also Mr. Funbrain. I don't think that the site exists anymore though.

I'm and idiot for immediately trying to move when i clicked on the gif

OS X Leopard

lol remember using this in like first - third grade

i remember my dad using this and not understanding anything lol

My nigger, had that one friend with 3(!) Disk drives that would make 2 copies at once

>XP
>being this newfag
You realize this was out on NT4, 98, ME, and 2000 all before XP, right?
This was my shit before the millennium even happened.

>NT4, 98, ME, and 2000
Fucking moron, nobody uses those anymore.

Unlike XP.

Well aware. Just doesn't make sense to call out something regarding XP when Maxis made the pinball game in 95, well before XP was a thought.

This, combined with 98 Windows.

ouch that took me wayyy back OP

youtube.com/watch?v=LmAVE2nYevU
I MADE A BOO-BOOO YEAH

Windows Vista: Acer-Bloatware Edition was my favorite OS.

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

unironically this

>I remember some digital board game where you connected to other students in the class and played together on some board that looked like a pizza. Then board pieces were pizza ingredients like pepperoni, cheddar, etc.
Was it The Fennels Figure Math! by any chance? Can't find any info on multiplayer support, but...

I just happened to remember about Pyramid: Challenge of the Pharaoh's Dream myself. Shocking that several games made by one of the world's most well-known companies are so unknown online.

>The ClueFinders series
>The Magic School Bus series
>The Wishbone series (yes, there were games)
>And fuck it... the Harry Potter series

BTW the other games from them were Dr. Sulfur's Night Lab! and Pony Express Rider, in case anyone's looking for those.

REPTAR'S BACK

Old-fag

Packcard bell pack ins were great.

I remember playing this racing game that had an autoshop or something where you could upgrade your car, I think and this platformer with a spaceman or something. This was back on Windows 98. I can't for the life of me remember what those games were called.

The best PC racing game of the DOS era, possibly of all time.

If websites containing shockwave games count as software then

You okay man?

I could have won it had lower case when I played it...

Did anyone else use Avant Browser? It was pretty nice. Used it all the time before switching to Firefox.

Anyone else /dixieland/ here

>Creme Savers
bring them back

That's ok user. You can share my childhood.

myabandonware.com/game/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-42

youtu.be/glTI2-My1iQ

my grandparents had this

Had a few old dos games, remember Oregon Trail and this one called Life and Death where you played doctor and operated on people. Then there was this cyborg one called Rotox. Win 95 CD there was this mini game called Hover, played that one a few times. And the MS WEP game collection. Good stuff.

>possibly of all time
Not while rocket league exists.

*not while WipeOut existed

youtube.com/watch?v=m6Uoi9U3gKA

They also had this... they were avid golf players

Jumpstart was the shit, even now.

Fucking fight me mate. I'll drop you in an instant. I'll cut your balls off and shove them so far down your throat you'll forget how to shit. I warned you.

Ah, the final pre-internet days of being able to use a free number to dial some ancient telephone exchange in some South American backwater and call back to your favourite BBS for 0-day or better warez. The internet has spoiled us.

>Chrome
how ironic

yeah, i still miss some things

i was going to post my dialer/fido.net mail fetcher but figured bluebeep would be more recognizable

my dudes, does anyone remember of a program that had an entire minigame devoted to teaching about lasers?

I remember spending hours making light shows in school.

>tfw i somehow accidentally install Timez Attack on every computer in my school

Timez Attack was pretty dope when I was younger. It sucked that the later levels were behind a paywall though.

I'm not as old as this makes me look

Thanks god I turned 18!

Windows 7

So nostalgic xD

Just bought that game lol

I had completely forgotten about this game. Thanks, user.

this game taught me art fundamentals

I wonder how cd-drives could even read off of those

There usually is an indent in the tray. Just drop it in the middle.

does anyone remember that kids desktop environment for early windows? I remember that it being like a treehouse and your programs we're on shelves or something like that.

Microsoft Bob?

Brings me back to the Bondi Blue iMacs

>people still use software from your childhood so software from your childhood isn't software from your childhood
That's not how that works.

Possibly. I don't remember that specific image, though.

this game was the shit

I had this on Coleco Vision. It was hard as shit for 5-year-old me. I got it play it again at a booth at E3 years ago at a retro gaming booth and it was easy as fuck.

Encarta was one of the most comfy pieces of software I've used. The visual aesthetic, the browser-like interface and behavior, hell, even the little interface noises were all very pleasing. The only downside was the limited content.

IE with skins and futuristic sound effects. I thought it was the coolest shit at the time.

Oh fuck, I remember Neoplanet. There were some really awesome UI designs back then

Rocket League is not a pure racing game.

It actually came out a month after Wipeout on PSX, but Whiplash is particularly notable for having 16-player host/client multiplayer with host migration and support for multiple rooms (in 1995!) so technically you can have 64 people playing at once with 4 rooms and 16 cars per race.
I find it's quite a bit more challenging than Wipeout as well, as there are no weapons except your car and the AI and tracks can be absolutely vicious.

>"neoplanet.. online" (default skin)
>two electro-metal chords (dark skin)

Go to pub and have a beer with your friend, the world is about to be destroyed anyways.

Out of the way nerd, superior game coming though

Fun game, but has the single most repetitive soundtrack in dos game history

That looks like some horrendous rubber band AI

>tfw you think ettins are cute as hell
>tfw they start dying of heavy metal poisoning and you can't figure out why