Le Potato

Why don't you have a Le Potato, Sup Forums?

Improvements over Raspberry Pi 3 Model B

>50% Faster CPU and GPU
>Double RAM Available
>Lower Power Consumption
>Better Android 7.1 and Kodi Support
>Much Better Hardware Accelerated Codec Support
>4K UHD with HDR over HDMI 2.0
>MicroSD Card UHS Support
>eMMC Daughter Board Support
>IR Receiver
>ADC + I2S Headers
>Non-Shared Bandwidth for LAN and USB
>Pretty white color

Other urls found in this thread:

libre.computer/2017/12/04/libre-computer-board-renegade-sbc-for-35/
walmart.com/ip/Verizon-Motorola-E4-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver/953073971
libre.computer/2017/12/03/performance-and-power-consumption-comparison-for-aml-s905x-cc-le-potato-and-raspberry-pi-3-model-b/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Why don't you have a Le Potato, Sup Forums?

because I already have a Pi that I don't use for anything, don't need another paperweight

You should use the Pi for a NAS or an adblocker.

Because I have an ODROID-XU4, which is far superior to that shit.

I don't really need a 4k sbc.

It'll still have a shitty framerate playing videos and it costs too much.

>mali
never

Looks like it doesn't have any analog inputs, or the PRU subprocessors that the BeagleBone Black has. I use both heavily.

mali?

never heard about it and you didnt tell its price

>>Double RAM Available
which is 2gb, kind of funny how you would hide that fact, these boards are going to have to hit 4gb to be able to run full Linux distros

60FPS

>Le
󠁔>Le
>Le
󠁔>Le
>Le
󠁔>Le
>Le
󠁔>Le
>Le
󠁔>Le

>as an adblocker
i looked into doing this a few months back, i don't remember what snag i hit that made me abandon it

le = law enforcement

>going to have to hit 4gb to be able to run full Linux distros
This is what gnomefags think lol

Shouldn't it be la potato as in la pomme de terre

The Renegade made by the same company has up to 4GB DDR4, Gigabit ethernet, and USB 3.0

libre.computer/2017/12/04/libre-computer-board-renegade-sbc-for-35/

What uses does it have?

>still no open source mali utgard driver

>mali
I have an odroid.

Looks great but I have literally no use for these

How feasible would it be to somehow package it into a case with a touch display and use it as a phone? How hard would it be to add at least WWAN (3/4G) support, and ideally some sort of phone service, and how usable would it be in practice?

I'm tired of modern smartphones and shitty android

Atleast mine streams Lo Fi hiphop songs over FM frequency and is a wifi hotspot.

LTE is going to cost you at least $50, eventually you'll hit $200 if you want a non-shitty screen and you might as well just buy something with the same processing power and features for $50 or less

But all the smartphones which cost $50 or less are chinkphones that never get support from the various "Linux on a smartphone" projects.

What's a good cheap way to be rid of android and ios in your opinion, if building something myself using an sbc is too hard and expensive?

This is a stupid idea unless you want to replace your phone with a netbook.

Well if I can stick a netbook in my pocket and basically use it as a phone then yeah that's exactly what I want

I just want to not have 9000 layers of software botnet, parallel processors providing hardware botnet (like the baseband processor), and being locked to poodriod flavours. Right now the only option I know of is the ridiculously overpriced and underpsecced librem phone, and to a lesser extent some of the UMPCs (although most don't come with cellular support), and I'm thinking that surely there must be some more practical stuff out there that doesn't cost hundreds upon hundreds for 5 year old hardware.

Just get a suitcase

I hope someday one of these tiny board computers are enough to be used as your primary desktop.

ARM GPU. Not terribly popular with developers.

I dont need another shitty raspeberry pi that has same functions.
Give me good cpu, lots of bandwith, multiple usb, good wifi, sata support and no fucking hdmi and video processing, so I can run a server. I already have like 4 computers in my house and several tablets and phones, I dont need another media device.

walmart.com/ip/Verizon-Motorola-E4-16GB-Prepaid-Smartphone-Silver/953073971
$40, easy to root, same CPU as tater, same amount of RAM, LTE support, all that fancy shit

libre.computer/2017/12/03/performance-and-power-consumption-comparison-for-aml-s905x-cc-le-potato-and-raspberry-pi-3-model-b/

Tbh its main advantages are that the RPi2 / RPi3 were shat out without proper power consumption testing and run like lava if you stress them

Looks pretty damn good. I might get one but the closed source GPU firmware bothers me.

They already are. Unless you're a gaymur faggot you could easily use one of these as your main PC. I'm using a 1.6GHz dual core CPU and 4GB of RAM right now on this machine in front of me and it's my main computer. Those little SBCs are getting to be more powerful than this laptop now because of how much x86 has stagnated in recent years. The only problem you might run into is the issue of software compatibility. ARM lacks a lot of support for commonly used software, but that will probably change soon as Qualcomm pushes out ARM laptops. Besides, ARM was built to be scalable and power efficient from the start so once it catches up, Intel/AMD virgins and their archaic piece of shit jew architecture are going to be eternally BTFO the RISC Chad.

>50% faster gpu
I thought this thing ran off cpu only?

>what snag i hit
>snag
its literally 1 command and setting up your DNS

>2gb
fucking why

>calling x86 archaic and appealing to Sup Forums kike memes while singing praises of an equally ancient, bloated architecture designed by a european MtF trans-degenerate 32 years ago and primarily owes its market dominance to Apple
The only truly x86 alternative that isn't "archaic" nowadays is RISC-V, that's also far more free than that proprietary backdoor-ridden facebook toy trash will ever be.

>it's actually called Le Potato
It's almost like freetards take pride in their incompetence when it comes to branding things. Probably some "function over form" obsession even though it literally takes zero effort with no sacrifices to precious benchmark scores to at least try to seem professional.

Then build something useful with it and give it a competent, compelling name

Lack of online presence, maybe? I googled it and I got a kickstarter page and a few reviews. No official site, no nothing.

Or I'll just use a better SBC. It's not my job to spend money, time and effort to fix someone's shit product for them.

>onboard wifi
never

Fuck that, why would you want wifi? I want POWER OVER ETHERNET so that getting up and running is as simple as plugging in the Ethernet cord.

Why do you hate fun, user?

But they want the reddit market

>NAS
>No Gigabit Ethernet
>No USB 3.0 or SATA
no thank you

they want the ironic shitpost market

because without the support and community it's utterly worthless.

until Pifags move on to something else we're stuck with Pi shit.

Because I only have SBCs for their MIPS CPUs that that lacks

>have a Pi that I don't use for anything
why the purchase?

I got the pi very cheap, and I'm only using it for a cheap server.
I do see your point but i don't know the price/performance for the pi or the Le Potato

wow... that looks actually insanely good! Definitely buyi.....
>ARM
FUCK YOU

What were you expecting?

x86 t b h f a m

does it support wayland ?

>wanting an x86 SBC
All of my why

>software for ARM devices
>
>
>
>and also
>

You are incredibly dumb.

explain

The "software for ARM devices" is the same software you'd be using on your x86 SBC, just compiled for ARM instead of x86.

How the fuck do I compile Photoshop for ARM then? You are incredibly dumb.

i want freetards to leave

Why do you want to run Photoshop on an SBC?

I'm far from a freetard.

Are you autistic? Replace 'Photoshop' in my post with any closed-source x86 software.

I don't know of any closed-source software worth running on an SBC. Photoshop would be abysmal, as would AutoCAD, muh gaymes, etc.

The reason why people buy RPi SBCs is because of the larger softwarebase compared to your Orange Pi and other shitty clones.

Pro-tip, niggers, you don't get an SBC for playing games and 4k videos, you get one for the GPIO header. It's just supposed to be an Arduino that runs Linux.

>Arduino that runs Linux.
>not for playing games and 4k videos
Then what's it for? Arduino is enough for small projects but when you've got a board with a fucking Operating System on it, it's pretty wasteful to just utilise the GPIO tbqhwyfam

It's good if you have to do fancier stuff.
Especially camera shit. You can't run OpenCV on an Arduino.

Can't even block YouTube ads properly

>micro-USB for power
No, fuck this shit. Just give me a normal 12V1A input.

user pls tell me how to blacktext

Nothing on that board needs 12V.

But brownout issues are ridiculously common with the Pi even with decent brand USB power supplies and powerbanks.

Which is the reason that the official Raspberry Pi 'USB' power supply isn't actually a proper USB power supply because it outputs 5.2V instead of 5V in order to make the damn thing actually work properly.

I get why they wanted to use micro USB as the power source, but ffs they should have actually put a regulator in there to make it work on more than 1 in 50 micro USB chargers out there.

That has nothing to do with voltage.
The Pi already has a regulator on it for the 3.3v the SoC needs. You can actually run a Pi under 5v - it only fucks the peripheral stuff.

my main pc has 3GB ram and I've been using linux without a problem for years

enjoy your kswapd 100% cpu

>those prices
into le trash it goes

>it only fucks the peripheral stuff.

So it's a computer that can't reliably provide 5V to its USB sockets, which is an utter joke.

The USB power is directly hooked to the power input.
If you use a proper 5v power supply with enough power for everything connected, it will work without problems.

Nah, I've run a Pi3 24/7 on the Samsung 2A charger I'm looking at right now. Cheap unbranded USB chargers rarely deliver the power they are rated for that's the problem.

>Le Potato
>Google Le Potato
>"$25 Raspberry Pi challenger"
>enter store
>on sale from $35
>click product
>cost $45

It can also be the cable.
There are really shitty cheap USB cables where you can't run the full 2A through.

>isn't available
>indiegogo scam
I'll sell you a SBC with an i7, 1080 and 32GB DDR4 Ram for $35.

Send it to my paypal: [email protected]

>If you use a proper 5v power supply with enough power for everything connected, it will work without problems.

Except that isn't true. Just do a quick search and you will come across plenty of people having issues with decent brand name 2.4A chargers and powerbanks, where the voltage still drops enough that peripherals don't work properly.

I've just been having issues myself getting a Pi to properly power a GPS receiver and 3DR radio, after trying multiple chargers and powerbanks including Anker, HTC and Samsung.

Again, this is why the official power supply resorts to outputting a no load 5.2V.

RISC-V is a pipedream at the moment, and we'll see where it goes, but we need an alternative architecture right now. The best alternatives that we can purchase right now in this moment are

>ARM
Non-free drivers but it has excellent support for Android and Debian.

>MIPS
Shitty software support but Debian and OpenBSD are ok on it for now. It's usually slow as fuck, though you can buy MIPS systems that use only free software.

>POWER
Can run on free software alone and it's very powerful but it's expensive as all fuck and software support is kind of up in the air, kind of like MIPS. It's only available for workstations and not in laptops right now as far as I know, unless you count PowerPC which you can get by buying used pre-Intel Macs which are either slow pieces of shit or turn into space heaters when browsing the modern web. The main advantage of the old Macs is that they use open source BIOS firmware.

Case in point, 5V from a decent Pololu regulator going into the Pi over wires barely 1" long, voltage on the USB ports drops to 4.81-4.82V under moderate load.

That's still very much in USB specification.
USB devices must work with a voltage range around 4.5-5.25

You could use the android version.

what resolution does the adc sample? cortex m4's do 12-bit samples but thats not enough desu

>rockchip

Wouldn't all the noise on such a board fuck the effective resolution of a 12-bit ADC already?

>mali
>not adreno

GTFO

I'm successfully running a RPI 3 NAS which serves media to my 3 kodi clients. Works well with 15 gb movies.
Of course it's not the ideal setup, but it works for the purpose.

Can it play Netflix?

Memes

That sucks. I wanted to make my dust-collector do this..

not really in my nigger rigged tests

why not turn it into a pi hole?

How is that working out for you? I've heard about it but never seen one in person.

Also, are they going to do one without the ports sticking up but headers or pads so you can build to a specific form factor? A lot of pi projects involve desoldering to make a lower profile.