vocaroo.com/i/s0SFZre13WWL
vocaroo.com/i/s08IhJOcwfSn
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

cringe

vocaroo.com/i/s1ZGHQ00qmRU

that's pretty bad

I would guess you don't speak the language

maybe you're reading from a phrasebook

I'm studying it. I tend to do better reading out of something than speaking as I go. When I was in Portugal I used PT 90% of the time when talking to strangers or buying stuff and never had an issue being understood.

bump

bump

good enough,at least you're trying our accent.it's like forcing a russian accent in portuguese right?

Maybe early on it did because I was using duolingo, but I haven't touched that in ages and use a textbook made by the University of Lisbon and all the speakers on the CD are Portuguese. So for me it's just "Portuguese," my default is European PT, not Brazilian.

That was very good

Mump
Post some texts to read.
vocaroo.com/i/s13GhL2Kp96w

I understood 100% what He said and I am spanish ....

The Great Compassion Mantra

Namo Ratna Trayāya Namaḥ Ārya Avalokiteśvaraya Boddhisattvāya Mahāsattvāya Mahākāruṇikāya Sarva Bandhana Chedana Karaya.

vocaroo.com/i/s1bRXUPbcTZX

Disgusting.

Can't hand the real version of your language, João?

Try this in Portuguese

Para ser grande, sê inteiro: nada
Teu exagera ou exclui.
Sê todo em cada coisa. Põe quanto és
No mínimo que fazes.
Assim em cada lago a lua toda
Brilha, porque alta vive.

vocaroo.com/i/s0gfcNp71hkh

vocaroo.com/i/s1b9G0L0GYBU r8 my espanhol

>vocaroo.com/i/s13GhL2Kp96w
No, you just sound retarded. You speak like you have down syndrome or something. Speak faster.

Foda-se, estou a aprender, tenho que estudar.

The poker room is still on ? It used to be a poker room with a vocal tchat

Cringe.

I have barely touched German since I was in high school.

vocaroo.com/i/s02mgn6PufDw

vocaroo.com/i/s04VpHbXBbX3

Don't I know you? You sound like that guy who was Mitt Romney in my school's mock election back in 2012.

Ach so!

>vocaroo.com/i/s1ZGHQ00qmRU
topkek you are great and i am surprised by your good emphases

Did you go to a high school in the Chicago suburbs where we watched Treffpunkt Berlin in German class?

vocaroo.com/i/s1sfiDhCppug

if you understand this you're portuguese advanced

who /Schaumburg's factory/ here?

Nope. I went to highschool in a rural Alaskan village and learned German from my roommates while attending a hogskolen

Downers Grove

You sound like a north or central BR.

vocaroo.com/i/s0UdRdgsdM0p
What do you guys think?

the world is a village

Ok, continue falando que nem um retardado

It's actually southeastern, either São Paulo or Rio.

Interesting, I'm not too familiar with the BR accents, though the south BRs I've heard before sounded a lot less singsongy than people from further north. In fact when I was first learning I thought some South Brazilians were Portuguese.

Spanish:

Lloraba Navarro y en sus lágrimas de cinco Juegos, de 237 noches con España, iba el significado de este bronce, de esta agonía con premio para un grupo que merecía un colofón así. Niños del 'boom' del baloncesto español, adolescencia de fraternidad y éxito, de Lisboa a Río, triturando por el camino todo lo anterior. Si ese balón robado a Australia no es el fin, al menos sí será un punto y aparte en estas casi dos décadas de revolución, de 11 medallas en 15 años, tres olímpicas seguidas después de sufrir hasta lo inimaginable en el Carioca Arena 1.

Nobody tries my posts anyway.

>You sound like a north or central BR.

That's an obvious fluminense accent. Jesus.

Pro tip: the Northern and Central accents sound nothing alike

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dialeto_sertanejo
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amazofonia

Impressive mate

>the south BRs I've heard before sounded a lot less singsongy than people from further north

You definitely never heard a gaúcho.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1sfiDhCppug
That's good enough.It's easy for foreigners to fall for the brazilian accent because it's easier and cheap but you end up sounding like a fucking faggot monkey

I remember you, Portuboo.
9/10 for a foreigner. Bretty good. Sounds slightly madeirense. How long have you been speaking it?

Nice voice.

Kek. Slightly camp/homo sounding to me. You sound black in the beginning, but then it wears. No offense or sarcasm. Too much "filho", too. Brazilian's always hard to take seriously, since we only know it from silly telenovelas.

Kinda busy atm. Native European Portuguese here btw. It's great, perfectly understandable but it's easy to tell you have an accent.
Some mispronunciations:
00:13 The word "em" is a nasalized "uh-i".
Also you were almost always correct but you correctly didn't close the vowels that appear at the end of words a few times.
You said Óbidós instead of Óbidos.
At 0:30 in "comidas" your "-as" was slightly too open. It's a bit mroe closed.
Also it's "Peniche" not "Paniche".
You're doing great. Have fun learning Portuguese.

On and off since 2014. Since when exactly do you remember me? I traveled to Portugal in the earlier part of this month so now I feel like a more complete Portuboo.

Obrigado fampai. You in Toronto?

Anyway I struggle a bit with opening and closing vowels. I noticed while I was in Portugal people weren't exactly consistent with it. I think in Lisboa people ate their vowels a bit more than in Caldas.

>Since when exactly do you remember me?
Just from the general threads these past few weeks. There's 2 or 3 american Portuboos and a Canadian diaspora descendant that are usually around these threads.

Lisbon has the "default" accent save for a couple words that are under contention. Dunno about Caldas, never been.

Interesting, one guy from Porto told me Lisbon and the south of the country tend to "eat" vowels more, though he seemed kinda butthurt. My Lisboeta friend tells me that people there say "igreja" differently.

I'm kinda surprised there are other Portuboos, I thought I was literally the only one at all.

oh shit. are you the one with the portuguese flag in your room?

Yep, that everyone thought was PT diaspora. I was also turned down by that girl from Caldas.

noice. How was your trip?
Where did you go?
Any plans to go back?

I think you're the only full on want-to-learn the language boo. The others are more just in love with the country, the history and cuisine.

Porto has a bit of a weird accent, where they do a crescendo on some vowels. Porto becomes Pworto.

Lisbon says "igr-ay-ja", where as Coimbra (the other neutral place) says it more towards "igr-uh-ja", but not completely. It's not very different that one.

Vermelho is read "Verm-uh-lho" in lisbon, whereas we say it "Verm-êh-lho". It's a bit weird to explain by text to an English speaker.

It was an 11/10 fantastic trip, everything was wonderful (save for that girl from Caldas turning me down but hey we're still good friends so whatever).

I went to Lisboa, Sintra, Óbidos, Caldas da Rainha, and Peniche. I didn't get around as much as I would have liked to, but it was my first real trip abroad (going to Canada with my dad in high school doesn't count), and I was all alone save for meeting up with internet friends or getting introduced to their friends.

I definitely want to go back. I'd go every time I'm off school if I could, but I have to work alongside classes so I'm probably going back in June. I might make it as far north as A Corunha.

I've always said it "igreeja." My friend tells me his Alentejano grandparents say it like that.

No problem. I'm in Ottawa for holidays.

I don't even remember how people from Caldas speak. (I'm from Lisbon) You might be right but my guess is: If it's a normal Lisbon accent it'd probably be pretty consistent. There might be some confusing situations like "A batata americana é amarela." Those two "a" 's join together to form a sound "á". So "batatA-Americana" turns into "batatÁmericana".

You wrote igr-uh-ja but then wrote "vermêlho". I might be wrong but I live in Coimbra and my impression is that people say "igrêja" just like "vermêlho".

How many people living in Coimbra are natives? I'd think you hear a lot of generic Portuguese from all over there with all the students. I've thought about transferring to uni in Coimbra or Porto and I'm not sure what accent I'd pick up because I'd be around students.

Coimbra natives, that is. I realize 99.9% are native PT speakers.

>"igrêja"
No, we only go "ê" on "elha". On other places we say like igreja, we say "â" instead of "âi", although it fluctuates randomly.

On Algarve they say "ê" on everything. "Texto" becomes "Têsto" and so on.

>igreeja
I guess that's what I mean by "ê" except longer? It would be written "Igrija" here, but Alentejo is much more of a drawl than an accent, I think.

Most of them. The virtue of being the "neutral" accent, is that it has the least distance to each of the other ones, generally, so they end up adapting to ours. Azorians leave talking normally and come back talking full on Azorian again.

Still, there are 100 000 people in Coimbra, and only about 5000 students, I believe.

Oh shit, it's 20k students. 5k is just the Engineering. That's 20%, I had no idea.

I guess that's why both we and Lisbon end up with a neutral accent, despite the slight differences.

Pretty good.

kek

Is pouring water on beer a Coimbra thing?

youtube.com/watch?v=2jR_PmF5svs

vocaroo.com/i/s17CNLdHURpt

uhmmmm

>Is pouring water on beer a Coimbra thing?
No, not at all. He's just acting autistic, not realising he doesn't need to act.

>medicine
Yeah. These guys are 1:50 ratio of men:women so they don't even have to try, the cunts.

kid, woman or copypasta?

You sound like a newsreporter but I can't understand spoken Spanish at all.

>1:50 ratio
kek, physics is the opposite. My friend from Caldas who wasn't interested in me in that way is gonna get eaten alive when she starts at Porto this fall.

Yeah, Medicine, Chemistry and Psychology are all women-heavy.

The rest of the STEM are all men-heavy.

Humanities and Letters are basically a crapshoot of unemployment and 8 or 9 GOAT lawyers every year. All tumblr-commies except the latter.

Pretty much the same here. I'm a physics major and I'm like James Bond compared to some of my classmates.

I narrowly avoided dating a political science major who was like that once. She tried to ruin my life and pretty much succeeded.

Then there's my sister who has a bio degree and turned into a tumblr SJW after graduating.

vocaroo.com/i/s0qq8XOgDTTQ

For the Amerisharts

How the fuck does a strayan know our national anthem?

Top kek

I'd never heard the "let it go" melody before, so this was my introduction to it. Brilliant.

vocaroo.com/i/s0SFZre13WWL

>shart sprangled banner
I'm fucking dying here.

Where did this meme come from?

Some American called an Indian POO IN THE LOO and he went brown in revenge

vocaroo.com/i/s08IhJOcwfSn

another quality post by one of our australian friends