/wt/ Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/u7xRjE3Sylw

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/2-Vintage-Swatch-Men-039-s-Watches-/173022850820?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Not wearing a timepiece for true connoisseurs of horology and fast food pizza

You literally can't change the orientation when using the jigs they use. That is why they spent the money machining them.

I wonder if buying this model and replacing the dial is cheaper than getting one without the logo.

fugggg I like both
Also does meranom do QC at all or am I stuck gonna be stuck with a +3min/day shitter?

Help me pick please
Are there any better pics of those two cases?
I feel like I like the shorter l2l of the 710 but the dial on this and hands on this is nicer than the scuba dude imo

Irrelevant. Unless you're a used car salesman, there's absolutely no reason to own a Rolex.

Why should used car salesmen have exclusive rights to master race watches like Rolexes

They pretty much have Ivan Ivanovich make sure that the watch is running before the pack it up. I'd say that you'd get something more like 13-15 +/-spd.
I would also say that if you're getting the 150, get the blue or black wave dial over the white one. The 150 is also pretty much just a 090 with the spring bar shroud cut off so if you look at 090 pictures, you'll get an idea for the 150.

just got a new diver as recommended by /wt/

you like?

Fugg that 62mas remake is so gorgeous. Have no money.

dang thats nice
Does the blue have the same sandy effect?

There's the SPB051 for about $3k less, and if you're really povo you can mod a Vostok 110 for under $150 and there's also those sterile dial """homages""" on eBay.

Yeah, although I think that's just for a lot of Vostoks since my 710634 has a pretty similar texture when put under direct light.

Oh and of course the pattern on the blue dial seems to be more pronounced outside of Meranom's shots, unlike the black or white one. Personally if they made a 710 with the wave dials then that'd be perfect. I like the 150 case, but I like the squarer look of the 710 has less of a gap between the bar and case when using an aftermarket strap like the mesh I'm using.

I'll probably go with the blue
The 710 case is nice but I like the less angled look of the 150, I'll probably get a 710 next year, vostoks are cheap to justify

How long does discountshop take to ship?

>

pls respond

Stop posting that please. I can only get so erect.

Get this one, it has a steel bezel and milled crown. The others don't, for the same price. It's a straight upgrade.

Is this shit worth anything? Is it even worth fixing? What kind of strap would make this look better? Found it in attic of place I moved into.

no

Dang

that looks amazing

They're not that cheap.
Just get a later one, the logo is on the bracelet.

What time is it?

Is there a vaporwave watch that isnt a casio?

neff also makes shitty f91w clones

There is a Seiko 5 with a face that looks like the old Master System boxart pattern, SNXF05.

Where can i find custom F91w? The design makes me sick.

There is that freestyle shark brand too

This is legit cool. They're asking a bit too much for +-60spm quartz though.

anyone ID this watch from the lume?

>"It's likely a ___ because they make all the obnoxious ana-digi watches."
>"It also says _Twin Sensor_"
>"Let me just put those three words into Google..."
Took about five seconds.

Fuckin burger king the cheap cunts lmao

bet it's still made in china though

It looks like one of the older timex indiglos. I remember a relative having one like 20 years ago. Waaay more substantial than the chinzy featherweight chinese cheapie that exists today.
Might not even have been made in china.

What's the ultimate vaporwave watch?

Hardmode: how about in the luxury category?

In reality, probably some 90's swatch.
If you're talking about retro/synthwave, that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Bulova Accutron Spaceview on retro-tone NATO.

>If you're talking about retro/synthwave
I'm talking about the whole nu-80s thing.

Too 60s.

> luxury

ok pal

That green is rather close to Windows 95 default background green, though.

>What's the ultimate vaporwave watch?
Pic related.

>Hardmode: how about in the luxury category?
Maybe a gold Rolex DJ like the yuppies were wearing at the time.

What's the ultimate Seiko shitter that looks good for everyday wear for someone that doesn't work in an office. Looking to put it on a leather band from hirsch that probably will cost as much as the watch.

Forgot pic.

that looks good, how much?

239€.

SARB033.

He probably wants something cheaper, like any of the Seiko 5 line.

>sent the old seamaster away for a service
I miss her bros

Oh right in that case the one you posted is probably best.
Or he could consider a Citizen BM8180 instead, that would probably look good on a nice leather strap.

Am i mistaken or is that a original blackout swatch?

they only want $10 for both watches.

memes

Funny how meme watches are always a piece of shit.

Source on the left one? Looks good.

Vostok Zissou

They should pay you the 10 bucks for taking in their trash.
Stay away from those plastic swatches no matter how much TGV shills them for being fun and uni and stylish and classy and bullshit.

If it is a blackout, they sell for over $100 in good condition.

I'll replace the glass and then flip it.

Vaporwave would be Some 90s digital watch, synthwave would be a calculator watch.
Luxury segment would be a two tone Rolex for both

These are like csgo skins, the only difference is the colourization of the plastic.
What kind of people collect these?

hipsters

ebay.com/itm/2-Vintage-Swatch-Men-039-s-Watches-/173022850820?

Somebody stole it from me!

So I want to demagnetize my sarb but is it okay to do it while it's wound and ticking?

I don't think you understand. Even a one or two degree wobble would be immediately optically obvious in the finished product, as would any significant change in pressure or speed. A buffing wheel is utterly trivial to use by comparison.

>still made in china

nobody fucking cares at this point when they practically make everything

People who care about quality care, as the mainland Chinese culturally do not believe in quality or quality control and therefore have to be watched like hawks to prevent them making everything as cheap and shittily as humanly possible.

that is nice as fuuuuuuuuk

They also just put ou the 710 se 's

I just bought this because it has a steel case, how badly did I fuck up /wt/?
Anyone have any experience with Skmei watches?

YES

he's already fucking back
MODS
O
D
S

>I'm stuck 10 years ago

ok grampa

>Mainland Chinese culture has changed dramatically in the last 10 years
(You)

(Fat Canadian)

>he really is stuck a decade ago

lel

I want to get a cheap ST19 chronograph to fill out the chrono slot in my collection but I'm not really feeling the Seagull Airforce model or the Alpha PN.

What else can I get?

huh?
oh yeah, they totally changed their culture in the last ten years and suddenly stopped believing in screwing their business partners as much as humanly possible and in maximising profits through extreme corner cutting and zero quality control. oh wait, no they didn't.

>he's still spouting western supremacist bullshit form 10 years ago

lel

Ji Chingchong please

that's master to you western pigdog

Repairnigger here, I'd buy an Alpha Daytona and fix the inevitable factory defects myself, but I'm not sure if parts are available for these. Do the chinks at Seagull release parts?

I still don't have a chrono since my 3133 build project was a bust. Fucking Russians and Ukrainians.

What does Sup Forums think about Citizen watches?

Solid but most look like mallshit