theregister.co.uk/2017/11/28/android_apps_unexpectedly_track_users/

Other urls found in this thread:

boingboing.net/2017/11/25/la-la-la-cant-hear-you.html
theregister.co.uk/2017/11/28/android_apps_unexpectedly_track_users/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Anything online or wireless
>Privacy
More news at 22

Poojeet Droids will defend this bullshit cus HURRRR DURRRR APPLE BAD!!!!!!!

THIS

Andloos btfo

iOS apps do the same thing, except that the researchers were legally barred from using the same methods they use to discover the tracking that takes place.

>no proof

yeah, android security is an oxymoron.

boingboing.net/2017/11/25/la-la-la-cant-hear-you.html
>Researchers craft Android app that reveals menagerie of hidden spyware; legally barred from doing the same with iOS
>iOS is DRM-locked and it's a felony -- punishable by a 5-year prison sentence and a $500,000 fine for a first offense in the USA under DMCA 1201, and similar provisions of Article 6 of the EUCD in France where Exodus is located -- to distribute tools that bypass this DRM, even for the essential work of discovering whether billions of people are at risk due to covert spying from the platform.

>theregister.co.uk/2017/11/28/android_apps_unexpectedly_track_users/
>being surprised phones are tracking users

>Apple runs a hard line with security in an attempt to prevent tampering, and it is for this reason that it may be unsurprising that the app was taken down.

Nothingburger

What does that boot taste like?

>anonHQ posting again

The NSA would like to have a word with you.

>he doesn't know what prism actually does

>These internet communications are not collected in bulk, but in a targeted way: only communications that are to or from specific selectors, like e-mail addresses, can be gathered. Under PRISM, there's no collection based upon keywords or names.
>a warrant is also required

Lmao not an argument brainlet.

see >b-but they had warrants for all of that!

Refuse to cooperate with a federal warrant. Let me know how that works out for you.

>source: anonhq

Apple did that though.

Once, when it was a big public relations boost for them.

>The andlet damage control in this thread.

Did that, and didn't actually have to go to court because the FBI fucked off and did it themselves rather than risking having precedent set against them.

Still. If it were Google or Microsoft, they'd have just done what they asked, probably without even being required to first. Apple's the only pro-privacy OS company right now.

Android, developed by Google (aka we spy on you Pty Ltd ) on the Loonux platform.

Pretty much says it all.

> free apps with accidentally-on-purpose bugs in them

i mean did you honestly think otherwise, for one minute?

all new linux distros shilled here are backdoored

all private trackers are honeypots

all VPNs will give you HIV and kill your dog

> trusting another human being

not even once

>If it were Google or Microsoft, they'd have just done what they asked, probably without even being required to first.
>source: user

I hope you don't think the same entities that track you on an Android app aren't doing the same on IOS. Because that'd be fucking silly as an assertion.

Use & support f-droid apps if you want more trustworthiness on smartphones.

Some of us actually Want features ranjit

Given that they're technologically restricted from many of the common tracking methods, well, yes, I do.

Na, the only thing really restricting you is the permissions system, which you can get around by offering features linked to the permissions (people will accept them if they think the feature will be used in some way advantageous to them) and the information gathering isn't so intrusive as to set off Apple's alarm bells.

You should know by now that tracking is an art form that companies have invested a lot of resources into in order to track people without them or other companies realizing.

Andreets btfo

Just because you desperately need it to be true, that doesn't make it true.
And since you have no way of checking, as evidenced by you not knowing about the original, you can't really have more than a bias.

i love of Sup Forums is a shithole where people debate people that use technology rather than the actual technology. fuck off Sup Forums. your obsession with poos is quite unsettling.

I don't need it to be true to know it is true, but I will give you a simple irrefutable proof to convince you it is true.

Google has apps on iOS. And if Google couldn't track you, then what would the point be?

>he doesn't use Lineage OS without GApps with F-Droid being his only source of apps

Feels good owning an s8

What app is that?

Disconnect Pro

> using factoryshit bloat
> installing more bloat to combat factoryshit bloat
> not just killing two birds with one stone
The absolute state of Sup Forums.

say 10 so Americans understand you.

>not using FOSS applications whenever its possible

>the andreet definitely checks the source code of every app and also compiled from that source rather than downloading a precompiled binary

Hahahahahaha

Go back to Sup Forums retard. If the source is open, then there is nothing purposely hidden. If someone wants to hide a bother, why would they release the source? All it takes is one person to look at the source and then their reputation is ruined.

>I’m fine with being tracked as long as it’s obvious I am being tracked
>I DEFINITELY READ THE SOURCE CODE

back to r/Linux

Redpill me, is iOS the way to go over Android in 2017?

If you want security and better apps, yes

>android_apps_unexpectedly_track_users/
>unexpectedly
Haha what the fuck planet are these niggas living on

>iShitOS
>any year

If the source code has been released, the software can easily be audited. You don't need to do it yourself, some people made a hobby (and apparently even jobs) out of it.

Yes.

Apple = computer (kinda) company
Google = advertising company that makes computers

I pick android because I'm not a pedophile nor a terrorist.

That last one is totally android

>what is a permissions manager
>what is greenify

>allowing all applications internet access
ayyy

Apple literally promotes terrorism

That was a publicity stunt, nothing more
t. Android user

>he uses gapps to get his "apps"

Device is too old os cannot update to the recent version which has that feature

Just install a Custom Rom with that feature, brainlet.

>needed a PDF viewer yesterday
>looked on the google store
>even foxit requires access to contacts, emails, pictures, the whole shebang
>look on fdroid
>CuprumPDF just views PDFs, no extra access needed
Never again will I use the play store for new applications

Nigger! I just called you a Nigger from my Amazon Fire Stick.

>every device has good custom roms

Plenty of people do it voluntarily. Plenty of people get paid to do it. Go back to Sup Forums retard.

I just narrated all of this and I feel like I am having a stroke.
This is nothing about my own preferences but I am sorry to say this, but you sound pretty ill in your head.
How do you last so long, spending your free time replying with such meaningless yet mentally degrading replies.

I am also sensing a pattern in these posts, does anyone see them too?