What the flying fuck happened to ram prices?

what the flying fuck happened to ram prices?

Mobile companies hogging all the RAM and fake scarcity

Gaymers blow then fuck out

Homosexuals & Atheists/Pagans. They have o morality so they price fix and do whatever they want as long it benefits them or their in group. They are the cause of pretty much every problem in society.

It's a really bad time to upgrade or get into PC gaming

>o
*no

>Mobile companies hogging all the RAM
doubtful
>fake scarcity
ding ding ding we have a winrar

I just buy old used workstation and server hardware. The ram is really cheap.

floods in taiwan

Cant be both

>doubtful

Explain yourselves

hasn't it dried up by now?

I dont think its a conspiracy thay involves 8 companies working together to price fix. If they could make prices cheaper they would do so and make a killing

the mobile market exploded nearly a decade ago. huge demand for ram from that sector has been going on since and yet there was never a "shortage" like this. and the market was a lot more hotter then than it is now. and before that it was the laptop market. outselling desktops by, like, 5-1. yet there was never stupidly retarded prices we have now nor any "shortage" on this level.

but there was one thing, and that was CAUGHT price fixing on multiple occasions. and this is yet another one of those occasions but i think this time they learned from their past mistakes of being caught.

You retard now phones are using ddr4, that too 6gb is common for average $300 chink phone.
Decade ago phones hardly had 512mb RAM.

>If they could make prices cheaper they would do so and make a killing

Admittedly not an anti-trust expert, but I don't think that's how price fixing works.

>look ma', i'm an edgy retard on 4chaner.org xDDDDD
>i'm so edgy ma' XXDDDDDDDDDD

RAM is the new African diamond trade

I seem to recall Samsung pled guilty to price fixing charges some years ago, and a number of their execs went to prison (in the U.S.).

>calling someone a retard is being edgy
What hugbox did you crawl in from?

>needing more than 4GB ram
I hope you're not wasting your ram as a grown man playing vidya gaymes?
>laughingwomendrinkingwine.jpeg

Do you not even install gentoo in multiple VM's every day?
How do you even survive without that much RAM for compiling all your software?

You shouldn’t be so buttmad after someone calls on your retardation

Sure it can. Demand is high enough that they can charge a higher price. They collude to be slow in increasing capacity to keep the price from going back down.

>phones are using ddr4
yeah, and just a few years ago they too where using ddr3 and yet, i bought a 32gb ddr3 corsair kit off of amazon for normal, non sale price of $99. more importantly, a lot of phones back during 2007 - 2011 where generally using regular, plain ddr. only the pc space was utilizing ddr2 - ddr3. the phone space was, and is obviously a bigger market. less demand = higher prices. yet ddr2 - ddr3 wasn't selling at retarded pricing. wasn't going up with failing oem pc sales, wasn't going up with the much smaller enthusiast market.

phones kept eating up piss poor ddr even though all the major manufacturers had moved over to manufacturing ddr2 - ddr3. yet there was some how no shortage of either. no production problems, nor limitations with shitty ddr, nor did it take away space from manufacturing newer ddr2 - ddr3. then phones started to use ddr3 at the same time ddr3 was standard on desktop use... before mainstream ddr4. no retarded ddr3 pricing. then ddr4 became norm in the pc space in 2015 - phones still didn't use ddr4 - ddr4 still wasn't retarded pricing even with much lower demand for it. wasn't until the last year in a half retard ram pricing started to happen. when nothing really changed outside the normal progression.
>6gb is common for average $300 chink phone.
so was $100 32gb kits. and now they're $400. i would expect 6gb in a cheap $300 phone as three years ago 32gb was piss poor cheap. invalid point.

>high demand = higher price
>lower demand = higher price
really makes you think.

>someone called me a retarded edge lord
>better get triggered and respond back to them to show i'm not a retarded edge lord XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
>lol i love 4channer.org so much ma'!

If you don't like those prices you can start your RAM company and start undercutting them.

>price fixing

With more and more advanced tech and less and less players in it, price fixing is the obvious end symbol. Just look at cpu market, for 5+years, cpu didnt advance one bit. We have been stuck in 2500k/2600k era, just as amd return to form, sudenly intel have improvements and price cuts to offer.

Same will happen with ram, as minor players catches up and start producing ddr4 at good quantities, you will see price drops of mega proportions.

Die Juden

Jesus, take economics 101, please

>companies always follow morally right decisions in the economy
(you)

>lower demand = higher price
????????????

>retarded nigger is so triggered that he keeps responding
You sure showed him, r*ddit.

triggerd

>le reddit boogyman xDDD

Kill yourself kike worshipping christcuck this a board for whites

see
>lower demand = less production
>less production = higher prices
>less demand = fewer competition
only an idiot would produce more than is required by the demand
>higher demand = more supply
>more supply = flooding the market with more which means driving down the cost has you are able to buy more in bulk and get discounts for buying more
>higher demand = more competition
>more competition = driving down prices

only time
>more demand = higher prices
is either caused by a single monopoly not wanting to produce more, either caused by a conglomerate monopoly not wanting to compete, or there is a genuine hiccup that's preventing mass production. generally when there is a hiccup for something that was being mass produced without fail all of a sudden is either because some sort of required material is running out or some sort of malfunction. like being flooded. but both are generally temporary and not years ongoing. unless, its a required material like say using up all the silicon the planet has. but last i checked, there isn't ANY supply chain issue for materials.

that really leaves one thing. either taiwan and korea are both getting flooded on a monthly basis and they haven't figured out how to protect their multi-billion dollar state of the art faculties from floods or its a conglomerate monopoly not wanting to compete.

>genuine hiccup
you can see intel right now with coffee lake as an example. thanks to pressure from amd they released it before they had originally planned on mass production. they only have one facility in malaysia able to assemble coffee lake. the single plant can only produce so much. but right now they are in the process of starting up their china plant (planned first chinese release coffee lake mid december) to start assembling them along side their malaysia plant to help meet demand and thus, lower the price.

since amd and intel are competing, intel needs to lower prices and get more in stock because they have been losing a lot of sales to amd. exmaple, amd tripled its sales this black friday and cyber monday and retailers have been slashing ryzen prices and creating a lot of bundle deals. and amd has been meeting the demand and flooding the market with a lot of ryzen which has allowed for the deep discounts. and thanks to competition.

which ram manufacturers are not wanting to engage in.

lower demand can also mean lower prices if the retailer / manufacturer is trying to unload product off the shelves / warehouse to free up space. but that's typically only lasts as long until the excess product is gone.

manufacturers listened when you said ' why not just buy double the ram for $5 more'

next time keep it on the DL

it's those gosh darn bitcoin miners!

repost

Ryzen happened and now they have to actually ship models that can realistically deliver advertised clock speeds. 3200 costs a lot more than """3200"""

>tfw nearly $700 for 64GB

t. amerimutt

>there is a ram shortage

HAAAAAAAhahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaa

dumb faggots actually believe this is a thing.

>With more and more advanced tech and less and less players in it, price fixing is the obvious end symbol. Just look at cpu market, for 5+years, cpu didnt advance one bit. We have been stuck in 2500k/2600k era, just as amd return to form, sudenly intel have improvements and price cuts to offer.
It's not price fixing if there's only one company doing it.

It's just 3 companies.
>samsung
>hynix
>micron

>Just look at cpu market, for 5+years, cpu didnt advance one bit. We have been stuck in 2500k/2600k era
video games do not represent the sole use case of a CPU, the 2500k is laughably obsolete for any serious computational work

>t. butthurt homopagan sodomite
Made me luel.

DRAM cartel doing what DRAM cartels do.
They've been sued once already but I suspect there's going to be another lawsuit.

>video games do not represent the sole use case of a CPU, the 2500k is laughably obsolete for any serious computational work

the 2500K is a desktop consumer processor, it is not meant for professional computational work anyway.

For most use cases the average consumer can keep their 2500k for facebook, youtube, netflix and other crap. Only thing they want is a shiny OS and feel current.

I could sell used 2500k's with ease in a new case with windows 10. Add a cheap SSD, and adverise New PC with Intel I5 3.0Ghz! and SSD!

The goyim would lap it up and will not know the difference

gamers dont need any more than 4gb of low speed ram