PC Case Thread

Post and discuss desktop cases.

I was thinking of upgrading to a Meshify C from my Thermaltake V4. I want a nice big tempered glass window, but the Meshify's seems a bit dark, would I not be able to see my innards clearly? I was also considering a Design C, but people said it was no good.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/product/pfbp99/cooler-master-case-sgc5000kkn1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Pro M, love this little guy to death

i personally like the meshify c. the only negative about it is the glass side panel.

What's wrong with that?

I bought it recently, where will you put it? In a bright room you should be able to see the innards. Mine stands on the bottom shelf, can't see shit, save for led cooler logo.
I do like it, really utilitarian in comparison to my previous, retarded NZXT box.

Are there any barebones cases that are just a metal open frame? I want to make my own case with custom top and front panels

I want a corsair 460x because it looks excellent, but the airflow seems shitty and I've heard it's hard to build in. Anyone that has it care to comment?

Best sub $100 case coming through

Would be an 11/10 with tempered glass for the side panel.

It's a window where you can see your components. Most of the new components you buy are now rgbtqwerty and I don't want that shit burning my eyes

>I want a nice big tempered glass window
>I'm a meme loving fuck

Fractal Design R5 master race.

I love my huge black Scandinavian monolith. It fits everything I need, great airflow, lots of filters, and is a e s t h e t i c

>waaaa someone likes something I don't

I've had this case for nearly 7 years. I'm waiting on some replacement parts for it (new CPU, case fans) and just gutted it a couple hours ago for a detailed cleaning over the next few days while I wait for those things to arrive in the mail.

Needs side window so people can see you know how to build a computer.

I have one right next to me, if's beautiful, the cablemanagement is amazing, it's Top 5 of current cases imo. It is pretty dark, though, so I'd recommend the RGB meme, really helps it shine.

The Design C is literally the same thing but worse airflow and no tint on the window.

My server is in that! Amazing case. I have all the drive bays filled. I'm actually looking to use a good chunk of my bonus his year to buy 8x10TB drives to replace my mixed bag of stuff I have now.

Pic is my gaming/work machine case. I bought it because I unironically think it looks cool, and I love the integrated fan controller, 4x uSB ports, and even an Esata on the front. Sucks it has a window Hough. The box showed no window. Meh whatever, it faces the wall.

I'm thinking about getting the NZXT s340 elite. Is this a good/bad idea? Why?

Thoughts on the Cougar Panzer?

Umm, sweety?

pcpartpicker.com/product/pfbp99/cooler-master-case-sgc5000kkn1

They used to make it yea. But not anymore. I even reached out to CM to see if they offer just the side panel and they told me no such luck.

>Don't call me sweetie

It has a windowed option, I went for nonwindowed though.

Do any decently sized cases without gaymur shit and big dumb window on the side exist anymore?

>The Design C is literally the same thing but worse airflow and no tint on the window.
Is the airflow that much worse that it becomes a fair bit cheaper?

Yes, get the Fractal R5.

I'll refer you to this post

Not sure if there's a version without windows but the corsair carbide airflow series is decent.
There's the be quiet dark base pro.
There's caselabs if you really want to go for a 600 dollar case.
Alternatively try to go to some mom and pop shop and hope you find a 810 from nzxt for cheap or a fractal define XL and I think these two aren't made anymore so you gotta be lucky.

Everything else is rbg shit with glass nowadays.

nice front mesh panel but its ugly as hell

Why the fuck does no one think about god damn airflow when it comes to building/reviewing cases.
What a retarded industry. All about how much rbg and glass you can stick on one now.

Thinking of getting the Corsair 750D. Should I pull the trigger?

What does Sup Forums think of this case?

>What is gamers nexus
They actually review cases in detail
They give high marks to innovation and airflow/thermals and hate cases with shit airflow, useless features, poor build quality, or false advertising.

What is a good case with good aesthetics and decent airflow
It needs to hold at least 2 or 3 hard disks since I'm outdated and don't own SSDs yet

>It needs to hold at least 2 or 3 hard disks since I'm outdated and don't own SSDs yet
Then why don't you fucking start instead of buying another outdated case you mong?

Yep.
I don't like to talk about him a lot since that fagget browses Sup Forums and I don't want to inflate his ego but he's unironically the only one who calls manufacturers on shitty thermals.

best case ever

Nah, massively overrated. Airflow not great and Fractal make way better interiors.

how's the define mini c? i'm going for a silence build but i'm afraid it might have bad airflow

What are the go to cases for decent airflow?

Of this gen the only one that doesn't have retarded glass or a door closing the front is the silverstone primera.
If you check testing of said case it beats every single other one in thermals.

It's pretty ugly and still has glass on the side and shit like that but unless you can find older full tower cases that were focused on airflow you're out of luck and have to go with the primera.
But this is if you want literally the one with best airflow in this retarded gaymer rbg year we had.

Does Sup Forums like open cases?

What a disgusting fucking case

hardwarecanucks rails on it pretty hard too.

You must be 18 to post on Sup Forums.

Correct answer right here. If you're buying a windowed case in 2017 you are a massive pleb.

Anyone know what case this is?

Cuteness overload.

Too bad about the fags though.

Silverstone raven 01?
Those trannies have good taste, that thing had awesome thermals.

They only started that after GN had been going about it for a while.

>exact same model of the exact same case, except for one difference
>color: white
>$30 cheaper

thanks

No problem.
You will probably not find them tho.
They are kinda old and are from a time when manufacturers were focused on big towers with good cooling instead of midtowers with RGB and tempered glass shit around them.

If you find a phantom 630 from NZXT and change the fans to high quality ones you can get great cooling too.

What does Sup Forums think of this case?

Now THIS is a good fucking case.

Not sure if it's this one but GN reviewed a BF case and it was one of the worst performing cases they had ever reviewed. Looked like that one but who knows. All of these faggoty windowed cases look the same to me.

Looks flamin' brah.

I own a meshify c myself and you won't be able to see the innards at all but you will be able to see the RGB. So if you fucking hate cable management like me, you don't have to do shit because the tinted glass covers it up and the RGB makes it look wonderful. This is a great case, would totally recommend.

Anyone know where to purchase Jonsbo cases in the US/Canada?

I'm close to picking this up. It's between the P7-C1 and the Design C.

Can someone recommend a good case that’s white with tempered glass?

This

got mine this summer for my first ever build. i fucking love it, 10/10

This is what I use. It's small (micro ATX) and high quality with a lot of features without the 1ee7 gamer Linustechtips look.

Why are people into super artsy cases

They look a little nifty but they seem overstated to me idk

I'd like to hear opinions on it though!

>affordable
>silent
>built like a vault
>compact for ATX
>a breeze to build in
>non-gamer look without side window

I upgraded to a Fractal R5 from a R3. Much much easier to work on the R5 compared to the R3. They pretty much fixed all my complaints I had about the R3. Highly recommended.

I have the meshify c and let me tell you that glass is damn near black,

Anybody who disagrees with this is just a snowflake.

>buys meshif C
>does no cable management
It's fucking made for that shit. As for the window, mine is pretty well lit, due to the 80cm of red LEDs I have running around the inside of it.

where did you put the RED LED in order to now fucking burn your eyes ? i bought a white one and so far the best position i found is on the top .

anyway i like the meshifty , has the best thermals due to the mesh , another great thermal case is the silverstone 06

Red is a lot darker than white, if I change it to white the exposed strip (on to op the PSU shroud) burns, but the one on top and right (hidden by the sidepanel edge) is still tolerable.

I heard this had dogshit airflow

I got my UMX 3 from a UK site called quietpc. Good price, shipping was about 2 weeks. The whole experience was great.

So far, I love my Jonsbo case, though it is a bit hard to build in (m-atx) and there's very little in the way of cable management. It looks very slick though and I've gotten comments on its looks.

Just picked up this bad boy.

What model?

Design C is fine.
Tempered Glass is fucking stupid though, enjoy your randomly exploding case side panel.

Air cooling or watercooling? Just built this. Inwin 303c pretty fun case to build in. I think it looks awesome.

>metal effect painted plastic front panel
eww.
Like seriously, eww.
I agree with the concept, I love me a monolith - but disgusting 'metal effect' paint looks like cheap

Except for the fake metal effect shit, it's a great case.
Even if it's just a spare sold on their webstore only, I'd prefer to have a real metal front panel.

I built my first pc using this case. While it is a quality product i wish i would've built around an itx system. At the i bought the R5 they didn't have the itx version of it

I just built my PC in it, it has dogshit airflow
>GPU hits 81+c on load with 2000RPM on the fans
Fuck this case. If you will go for an AIO than you will have to block the front panel intake completely (unless you're going for a small one-fan AIO) leaving you only with exhaust.
Still 10/10 aesthetics and looks though, might change to something else soon and been thinking about the corsair 460x, those thermaltake open-air glass things, and the new H700i (I will remove the adaptive grid thing and throw it in the trash, though)

Also just so you know, building in the S340 Elite is a little tricky, try to place the SSD and HDD first and screw them in before you put in your PSU, especially if you're mounting the SSD on the lower right corner (muh aesthetics) and if make sure to install all important PSU cables before putting the PSU in.

meme case.
Bad airflow and terrible HDD mounts.

Get Fractal Defice C, Antec P8, Corsair 400C or Phanteks Enthoo Evolved instead.

why do people like to shit on this case? It literally has some of the best cooling options in the market

Just look at it

It's ugly?

>rgbtqwerty
Literally what?

Why do I never see this case? It looks good
Thermaltake View 31

Meshify C is the best all around if the front IO could come off without the wires and the dark tint was optional it would have been the best all around.

But it is without a doubt the best case of 2017. I personally own it and love it.

Is there an ATX case that doesn't waste half its space on dinosaur 3.5 inch bays?

*loud hdd vibration noises*

Does Sup Forums generally hate plastic cases?

I'm picking up Meshify next sale. Not sure what LED strip to use though, haven't decided that yet.

Plastic is fine.
Plastic that is pretending to be metal is not fine.

Any opinions on the Corsair 200R? I like the look but I'm a bit worried about the air flow and noise levels

>great airflow
Nope

I just got my case delivered. I ordered a be quiet! dark base 800, opened the box, and they sent me a dark base pro 800 instead. free upgrade I guess

I have this one, airflow is ok but cablemanagement is a nightmare desu.

An aesthetic full atx case WITH 5.25 optical drive bay?

I like the phanteks enthoo evolv for example, that clean, minimal look but I really would like a cd dvd drive

Nice audiophile grade chrome feet.

>great airflow

loool

Like the front panel is flat plate.