NSA and other authorities who snoop, what's the nigging point?

Is there even a point to having these dumb fuckers spy and snoop and gather data and all that shit anymore?

I mean they have not been able to stop le ebil terrorists so they are clearly failing. Other than using that data to compromise high profile political actors or hack/fuck up enemy infrastructure (which I doubt they do, with the single exception of Stuxnet/Zeus type shit).

If anyone wants to see how useless these niglets are, just take a look at that stupid faggot soyboy Snowden, the dumb nigger wasn't even able to tell us in advance that Intel ME was a hardware level rootkit, so that means the NSA didn't know, since that faggot had top secret clearance and would have made the info public when he leaked all that info.

How effective can any of these departments be in sifting through a population of 7 billion (probably going onto 9 billion by 2020)? There's no way they have good enough algorithms to be able to tell what signal is useful out of all that noise, even if their hardware is the world best.

Other urls found in this thread:

biqle.ru/watch/-44456675_456241692
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

MOMMY I WANT MILKIES!!!!!

>I mean they have not been able to stop le ebil terrorists
t. IQ 89

I guess hospitals are also useless, seeing that there are still people who die due to illnesses?

REEEEE
Stop posting White girls you race baiter, post Asians

Funny that you talk about IQ when yours is too low to come up with a logical counterpoint

OP is obviously a web bot designed to take extraordinary risks

The point is natural selection. If you, and everyone you know, is smart (or at least smart enough to trust you), you can keep the NSA out of most of your private affairs. If everyone did this, then there would be too many people using stuff that the NSA wouldn't be able to track everyone, anyways. Encrypt your phones and PCs. Replace your default text messenger with Signal (and convince everyone you know to do the same). Use Protonmail or Tutanota, and convince all your family and friends to do the same. Use aliases in your email - one for junk, one for strangers, one for people you know, and one for professional stuff. Stop using iCloud or Google Drive, and just limit what you use on your phone to what will fit on the onboard memory.

The hardest part of any of this shit is switching your email. Other than that, everything else is just retraining your habits, which isn't particularly hard, and won't take long.

Let me put this way for your tiny brain.
Is it harder to find a needle in a matchbox or a warehouse the size of an average city?
Gmail/Outlook is the warehouse. Protonmail/your-lowkey-provider-of-choice is the matchbox.
I agree that its best to encrypt what you can but the minute you start putting your trust in these smaller systems you're asking for trouble. Even if we know Gmail is compromised, imagine how hard the NSA have to mime that shit to get anything useful out of it, the Signal to Noise ratio thing.

You're missing the point that as long as these systems are so huge, unless these faggot authorities know exactly who and what they're looking for (usually POST-incident, I'm sure you remember how many times that stupid iPhone decryption story has come up in the wake of a terrorist attack) they aren't going to be able to learn shit from the exabytes of data they probably have by now.

>Is it harder to find a needle in a matchbox or a warehouse the size of an average city?
Not an apt comparison. A more apt comparison is:
>Would you rather let thousands of people comb through LA, where there are absolutely no locks, or let the same organization go through a town of 10,000, where every single "box" is a bank vault?

Furthermore, in this apt comparison, they can use automated drones to search all these open boxes, and flag things that it deems important, whereas in the city, it MUST be a person breaking into all 10,000 bank vaults.

FINDIN THE TERRORISTS!

Shit is bound to slip by. For every successful terror attack they manage to stop a couple.

>Source: My ass

Okay then. Roughly 1-2 BILLION people use gmail. That's not LA, that's like all of America as in the continent. Even if they had that many drones/intelligent enough algorithms which they won't, not for a long time, how in the shit do they even make intelligent use of what they find in those billion bank vaults. It has a lot more to do with coping against impossible scale. I would not have said this about the last 20 years of internet, but the next 20 will be impossible for these people to even store let alone mine with any degree of accuracy. People are now on end-to-end encrypted HD VIDEO calling. Probably group e2ee HD video calling early next year. The future is interesting at least.

>If you, and everyone you know, is smart (or at least smart enough to trust you), you can keep the NSA out of most of your private affairs
There are people with IQs double yours that probably use Windows 10 and have passwords of "123456789".

>Roughly 1-2 BILLION people use gmail
Irrelevant without a comparison. How many people use Tutanota? How many people use Protonmail? I was using it as a percentage comparison.

I don't think that anyone has ever scored an IQ that's more than 30 points higher than mine. But if they are that smart, it should be easy to convince them why protecting themselves is easy.

Those people should have their IQs downrated then, what's the point of a high IQ if you can't make good life decisions?

>Irrelevant without
NO, not true at all. That's the sort of scale where comparisons cease to be relevant.
You can't mine that much data and come back with anything approaching useful info.

>NO, not true at all. That's the sort of scale where comparisons cease to be relevant.
Of course it is. Ok, google has 1-2 billion users, but without a comparison, for all you know, proton mail and Tutamail has just as many, maybe even more. Making that boast is irrelevant without a comparison.

Oh, and by the way, LA has a population of about 4 million, or 400 times the size of the theoretical 10,000 person time. If Tutamail and Protonmail have a combined userbase of 5 million, then the comparison is apt when comparing it to the 2 billion users that google has. If it's only 1 billion accounts, than Tutamail and Protonmail need a combined user base of 2.5 million. So I'm betting the comparison I made is completely apt.

>it should be easy to convince them why protecting themselves is easy
Exactly, any rational, intelligent person would be able to understand this. What I'm saying is that not knowing how to doesn't mean someone isn't intelligent, and a lot of people who are intelligent simply make a choice whether deliberate or out of ignorance to not bother with inconvenience.
It's a measure of how efficiently your brain is able to process information, dude. Not a level ranking in a video game for how perfect you are. I know people who are probably 20 points higher than me that regularly make worse decisions than I do, yet they're able to pick up things faster.

>Exactly, any rational, intelligent person would be able to understand this
Good, so you can tell them, convince them its worth the effort (should be easy), and then have them do the same to their friends, families, colleagues, etc.

salsa on the milk dispensers

biqle.ru/watch/-44456675_456241692

because user provided it the other day

thanks man, tried to google the small text portion around and got nothing.

>Snowden, the dumb nigger wasn't even able to tell us in advance that Intel ME was a hardware level rootkit, so that means the NSA didn't know,
100% flawed point. Snowden didn't leak his materials to the public, ever. He handed them to a bunch of journalists, who were working for big newspapers owned by huge corporations, many of them literal proxies for CIA, NSA, etc.
These journalists, and their editor$$$ decided what information would reach the public, and so far, all these years passed, it was only a tiny fragment of what Snowden gave them.
He 'chose' to do this move because he didn't feel able to present the relevant information himself, not being a media/communication guy, and of course he wouldn't choose Wikileaks, because Julian is le evil rapist who laughs at feminist hysteria, so he's a bad guy obviously.
The fact that later Julian saved his ass when he had no one in the entire world to turn on to, while his journalist friends were playing destroy the HDD game with British Secret Service, makes pretty clear that Snowden was either a plant or his entire leakage process, although useful and yeah brave, was one of the major fuckups in modern history.

you're not going to stop the momentum. surveillance is the new industry complex. you can be a retard and make bank.

the funny thing is they stop terrorists all the time they just dont report on it, because muhhh racism

"One of the objectives of government intelligence agencies is to convince everyone that they are incompetent."

Source: forgot LOL

They're not snooping on terrorists and they're not snooping on you. They're snooping on people who are, or may find themselves in a position to shape public policy. They don't need dirt on you if they have dirt on the people who rule you.

Considering that medical mistakes are the 3rd leading cause of death in America, if you don't have heart disease or cancer, your chances are better avoiding hospitals.

>Is there even a point
yes, it's called blackmail.

What was the point of flying to the moon?
What's the point of having 10000 nukes?

It's a dick measuring contest. Whoever collects the most data wins.

is there a non russian botnet link?

simply put it is too easy to be not doing it, costs less than one seal team operation abroad even if it doesnt have a result it doesnt have any real cost either