I've got to say (and this may be controversial) but I am not a huge fan of the 100% disk usage feature of Windows 10 to...

I've got to say (and this may be controversial) but I am not a huge fan of the 100% disk usage feature of Windows 10 to be perfectly honest.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install gentoo

/
t
h
r
e
a
d

>winblows 10
fucking retard

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

I can't get it to work, did you enable it manually?

Unusued disk is wasted disk

>what is an SSD

Good goy

>trusting ssd
Retard.

Have fun when you reach the write limit and it wears out.

I see you're a disklet.

why are SSDs jewish?

Probably because he's too poor to afford one, so he thinks it's a useless scam.

>thinking moving parts is more reliable than something with no moving parts

>2017.95
>still reading his ones and zeros from magnetic fields in a spinning chunk of metal

Sorry I don't intend to wait for 400+ years to witness it.

That isn't a tripcode kouhai

Personally i love it. The joy and tranquility that red rectangle gives me is unparalleled. And the productivity gain! Makes the machine unusable, thus forcing my employees to actually do something useful, like wiping floors with their shirts.
Our friends at Microsoft really outdid themselves with this one.

This is a bug with simple fix. Google it you fucking nerd.

windows update: 100% i/o foreber. Do not turn off your computer. Your computer will restart several times. Go out for lunch. Getting updates ready. Do not turn off your computer.
sudo apt update:
Then sudo iotop. Oh darn it took too long to type your password. All done.

If your system drive is 5400rpm in win10, this is usually what happens. Try turning off indexing.

How about microsoft fucking googles it and fixes it for everyone?

Confirmed for not knowing how ssd works

The issue is that Microsoft assumes your hard drive isn't an old piece of shit with out of date drivers. Sorry. Not even defending Microcock, but man you're dumb.

>Wangblows Macroshit 10
Her deeer my niggernet explorer is using one huuuundroood precent of mah 20 RMP hooorddrive

guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html

Oh yea, I normally write 9.1 PiB of data to a fucking HDD. You realize most SSD's have warranties of 5 to 10 years? Are you really going to be pissed if you have a super high speed shock resistant drive working perfectly fine for 11 years? Maybe plebbit is more your speed, retard.

SSD > SSHD > HDD

>63797263
face book frogs are reportable offence

this, disable WU

2 years strong, bby

>having a 5400 RPM HDD

>not using TempleOs
your a fucking fag just add 5 more teribytes dude

this board has gone down the shithole

How many times have you reflashed that firmware ,don't lie.

dissable windows update in services

I have the same issue, ssd goes 100% usage and everything becomes unresponsive.This happens whenever the ssd is used ex installing something or updates. But there is more , windows and bios see ssd as hdd , tried to force win to see it as ssd but nothing worked, ssd smart reading are ok and it's fairly new . The time is fucked up , changing timezone and automatic time does nothing, have to change the time manually. When I move tiles in start , the start window freezes and crashes .Everything was fine until a couple days ago, AND ALL THIS ON MULTIPLE WINDOWS INSTALATIONS WITH DIFFERENT VERSIONS (pro and pro n) AND I TRIED WITH BOTH RUFUS AND WIN TOOL , WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK ?!?!??!
What bug ? Is is the ahci one because I don't even have the ide/atapi category in devmgmt
I installed ubuntu but won't boot after I installed the video driver , gg

Someone help , should I post on wsr ?

nice kaspersky comrad

Install win7 sp1 and disable updates. There is no known fix, there are people who has it and those who don't. Even switching mobos/disks doesn't help.

>840 EVO
Trashman.jpg

I use two OCZ Vertex 4's.
Still going strong.

OCZ SSDs are DRAMless right?

No Vertex 4's have 1GB of DRAM. Only 512MB is accessible on 128/256GB drives, with full 1GB being used on the 512GB drives

you are fucking retarded, m8

i still have my 128GB vertex 4. still speedy as fuck
people that bash ssds on Sup Forums are just trolls or underage poor, there can't be anyone this retarded

Yep. Too bad it took a long time for OCZ to get SSDs right with the Vertex 4. So long they went bankrupt soon after.

it was actually my first ssd. then i got a 240GB arc100 for my thinkpad, it's still very nice, years later

Lemme guess nvidia card? Because for amd opensource driver is fine

It's because Microsoft listened to users and stopped updating, defragging, and running telemetry overnight like they did in Windows 8.
Apparently having Windows do resource intensive tasks while the computer was not in use made users feel like they were not in control.

it is called pre-fetching and superfetching
Microsoft think they can predict what you are going to do everyday, to the point of caching harddisk access

deactivate both, and it is like coming back to windows 7

an my second tip: do you know all those mobile apps in your desktop (movies & TV, groove, photos)... they are indexing your content 24/7, working the same as their android counterparts
get rid of those
same with Cortana

UNUSED DISK USAGE IS WASTED DISK USAGE

13 PETABYTES

>deactivate both,
>get rid of those
>same with Cortana
How

download more ram

and disable the superfetch service in services.msc

This.
You pretty much have to do this with Atom devices with eMMC memory.
(And also getting windows 10 up to date. Windows Update is the bane of their existance)