Use Linux, custom Firefox, tweaked addons, VPN, TOR for years

>Use Linux, custom Firefox, tweaked addons, VPN, TOR for years
>Get older
>One day get tired of it and just outright start using Windows
>Shit just works

Anyone else quit giving a shit and start using Windows? I've been using Linux for years, now I'm a bit older and I don't really give a shit anymore. I don't download CP so I'm not entirely sure why I'd give two fucks. If you're connected to the internet, you're already compromised anyway.

Anyone else say fuck it and drop the whole GNU/Linux, TOR/Freenet-hopping hacker "NO SYSTEMD FOR ME!" bs?

If i'm a criminal planning to write a virus, i will aim at the highest number of computers with an specific flaw.
And the more internet aware processes you have running, more flaws you have.

I won't care for YOU specifically, but if you got the same flaw everyone else had...

Nope. That said, I DID wind up using Linux Mint. No reason for me to go back to Windows, and Linux Mint "just werks," with a much lower resource cost.

I don't download CP, either, btw. It's simply the fact that Linux Mint is free, and pretty much better than Windows in every way for day-to-day shit. Dropped FF for Waterfox, too.

Nope, but I started playing around less and using Mint. Couldn't be happier.

Windows is actually more of a nuisance. Mint just works.

Agreed. It was also the best thing I did for my dad, who just chews through Windows.

Nothing is worse than a man who thinks he knows more than he actually does. Went from reinstalling Windows for him 4 times per year to doing literally nothing, except for telling him to stay away from Terminal.

Same thing, I settled with Linux and KDE, Windows went downhill and I don't have the time to waste fixing it, random updates that break things, privacy issues, malware, automated updates, I want my computer to just work, Windows just can't provide it for me.

You're going to have to try harder than that to pull me out of my safe space, Agent Smith.

My coworker has the same problem. He constantly has to System Restore his Windows. He would switch to Mint, except he's spent thousands of dollars on iTunes, and only has it through his computer.

There's gotta be some way to strip the copy protection. I've seen iTunes rips on private trackers. Else, just get a file list of all the music downloaded, and go download it again without the copy protection.

You can set up a small VM with iTunes inside.

>Used to be all about Linux but got tired of jumping through hoops to set up the most basic of stuff
>Migrate to Windows for games
>Everything just werks, driver support way better
>Shit, no way to talk to my Server now
>Try windows in a VM on my server and use windows remote desktop thinking it'd be slow and unusable
>Even through a VM it was like I was using the host machine
>Immediately install Windows on the metal for my server
>Pleasant surprise to see how easy it is to setup fire and forget scheduled incremental backups

I just don't care anymore. Linux still has its uses like an emergency live boot USB for recovery purposes, but little other than that. I even had the opportunity to use ChromeOS. Now that's Gentoo done right.

I've pitched it to him. My coworker is in his 60s, though. He's just now learning how to text on his old Razr. He's a cool guy, but not very tech-savvy. It would either take me hours to do the busy work at his house, or he would need to learn it.

He opts to just do a System Restore every time there's an update on his computer.

Win10 is aweful but muh gaymans and i csnt be fucked to seit h os bavk and forth depending on the task

>Use Linux, custom Firefox, tweaked addons, VPN, TOR for years
no you didn't. you're a wintoddler and always have been. stop trying to stir the pot and just kill yourself.

Nice try CIA nigger

I just picked Debian, everything just seems to work. I use OS X on my laptop and don't really play games more than once a week so I don't mind restarting to windows to play them.

>>Everything just werks, driver support way better
Factually incorrect.

what's with the mint shilling? don't tell me you're pretending to favor windows so you can samefag with linux mint posts

Same but Ubuntu. No sense in wasting time doing pointless shit like compiling kernels and generating locales for autism points.

God. I want to fug Riko very very hard.

Windows is incredibly annoying and obnoxious to use. If you don't want to tinker, just use a normie distro like Mint or Ubuntu and it'll work better anyway.

I went from i3 arch install to using Ubuntu LTS with unity or KDE. Windows is too annoying to use unless I need it for a specific purpose.

You mean it doesn't bluescreen every other week for you? That's fucking shocking. How did you get that to happen?

went from OSX to arch a while back and while pretty much everything "just werked" my autism would constantly kick in and I would fiddle with things and break my computer in times i needed it. So i went back to OSX for a while until i decided that i want out of botnet so now I'm on Ubuntu, which triggers my autism less.

Had the same thing with cars. When I just bought my first car, I checked everything just every day, serviced by myself... At some point I was too tired of shit, that I serviced in the nearest shop.

The same thing is happening to me now in terms of OSes. Back in the day, I installed Linux everywhere, was trying not to install anything unnecessary... Now I just do not give it a fuck. Bought cheapest laptop with preinstalled Windows 10, just simply using it, because I am too lazy to install Linux. If I'd bought a laptop with preinstalled Ubuntu - I would not give it a fuck as well.

video games made you switch back and you know it

You got dumb and lazy in your old age, but, worst of all, you grew complacent.