Audiophiles of Sup Forums: what is the highest quality headset $120 or less can buy?

Audiophiles of Sup Forums: what is the highest quality headset $120 or less can buy?

Yes, headset. I need an integrated microphone. Otherwise, I would just go with my Audio-Technica.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FIyt5pEcE_g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You don't need an integrated microphone.

Status Audio CB-1s for $60 on Amazon.
Blue Yeti Snowball for $50.

No, I need space in front of me on my desk

Your mic doesn't need to be directly in front of you, it'll pick up the sound if it's to the side or behind your keyboard.

get it thru your fucking head I DONT HAVE SPACE AND DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR MEME PRODUCTS JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION

Modmic
Kill yourself

>don't care about meme products
>wants a gaming headset

Fuck off to retard, go spend your $100 on a desk that's bigger than a fucking TV tray

is not OP
I am OP.
:^(

>Status Audio CB-1

I bought one of these and it was such a piece of shit that I immediately returned it. The build quality was absolute garbage and they were the worst-fitting headphones I've ever worn.

>mfw I've owned mine for over a year, no issues at all and fit like a glove

Maybe you should buy a therapist to help you control your tard strength before you break something else

> the highest quality headset $120 or less can buy
You'll get audiophile herp responses, and they won't even be happy with the responses themselves because it's Otherwise, I would just go with my Audio-Technica.
You like it? Well, get a $5 mic instead, use velcro, tape microphone to that AT, done.

Someone made a graphic for this, but I don't have it handy.

hyper x is honestly one of the few brands I would recommend if you really want what is essentially a all in one

Yeah it does. I have one and it's directly in front of me and le gamerdudes still can't even hear me.

>You don't need an integrated microphone.
youtube.com/watch?v=FIyt5pEcE_g

>120 budget
>spend half of it on a shitty meme
You're retarded

every microphone these idiots recommend is garbage because they don't use microphones

you've never used the shit you're recommending and it's really cringy

I have those Cloud II's and I guess they're ok but I'm not an audiophile or anything. They were only $70 for the gray version when I got it but they're probably not worth it at full price. Only problem I've actually had is the size adjuster on the left got a little loose so I have to adjust it sometimes but that's about it.

>asking "Audiophiles of Sup Forums" about gaming headsets
>under $120

just get a clip on $5 mic stick it somewhere there are lots of simple and obvious ways to do that but for you I would recommend searching youtube "how do I duct tape a mic to my stupid head"

Thank you. Can anyone else confirm/deny?

Yeah this is what I would honestly recommend. Get some decent headphones for the same price (ask /hpg/ or something) and attach a clip-on mic to them. Or just clip the mic to your shirt.

Exactly. They are definitely okay, but not worth $70-100 (Europe may pay more, horray!)

Again, I'm gonna point out pic related is basically just as reasonable and costs $18.

They are pretty good, but nothing special.

> Get some decent headphones
It seems he already has some A-T. That's nothing to complain about.

Also, found that infographic.

these people do not use microphones or they'd know the chinkshit clipons(including Zalman) are pieces of garbage

do not take their advice

Well so are any mic that come attached to a headset

BM-800 and other large condensers may have much superior sound.

But the piece of garbage clipons have the advantage of not picking up ambient noise.
And they really sound like everything people are accustomed to. Your mobile phone has the same piece of shit mic, so does the other person's headset, and so does the laptop mic joe is currently talking into.

Basically, no reason to give a fuck for typical headset use, unless you *need* to be that one guy with the best mic in the channel.

if hyperx one is the best
how about the wireless one?

Oh ok I didn't see that in the OP. Then yeah this would definitely be the best bet for him. Plus if it doesn't work great he's only spent $4.

> if hyperx one is the best
It's not. It's just decent.

> how about the wireless one?
Which one? Either way, generally speaking no. They tend to be shitty designs that need recharging like every 10h or so. Cables are good.

I own both the older version (white) and newer(red)
Red for about 2 or more years and white for a year
Never had a issue with either but the dongle that comes with the x2 is why it is more expensive , they honestly sound the same

Red got soaked in water , long story short the only left side stopped working which is why it looks like shit.

i have a pair. pretty comfy

Audio Technica MSR7 with a Lovinstar cable boom mic.

Corsair Hs50 look comfortable and they're cheap.

This, and also "that guy" who spent way more on the "best" mic, more often than not actually sounds worse than everyone else because you can hear his mech kb clacking away

The Sennheiser PC37x on Massdrop right now are pretty legit,

HyperX Cloud
OR
Philips SHP 9500 + V-Moda BoomPro
OR
Sennheiser PC360

They go up in price, and they go up in quality. Cloud is the cheapest, but plenty good enough. SHP9500+BoomPro has better sound and mic and is the best value headset money can buy. Sennheiser is $10 over budget on Amazon usually, though it's often on sale for $100. It's the best of the three options, but only by a little bit, might not be worth the extra cost.

Anyone telling you you NEED a desktop mic is stuck in the past, before these legitimate options came into existence. You can ignore them.

>headset
I know you wanted this OP.

How is the sound quality of that mic though

cloud alpha ... if you want something better your budget needs to be higher

Literally a link to the sound demo in the image you're looking at.

any of those cheap ass mics like that are going to be garbage. I have a friend that uses a $5 one and I can barely understand what he's saying when he talks.

But why male models?

Someone reported the sound quality as being static-y. Hmm

Which headset has the best surround sound so I can gain an advantage on the enemy team? Preferably 7.1 or better

>Which headset has the best surround sound
An open-backed set with stereo drivers and no software surround processing.

What are some good desk mics?

Just get a Sony MDR-V6 and a random normal microphone, you retard.

Get the Kingston hyperx you posted. You already had the answer when you started the thread.

>I need an integrated microphone
No, you don't. Trust me.
Buy a good headphone (possibiy open for better soundstage and accuracy) and a separate mic.
My recommendation for your budget is AKG K240/ Philipps SHP9500/ Sennheiser HD518 + Antlion Modmic.
You'll thank me later.

I bought one, and returned it since my 30$ gamescom gave me better sound. I don't get why people make it out to be a good headset.

The one you posted is pretty good. I'm not an audiophile so I don't know about how good the actual headphone part is but the construction is really sturdy and the mic sound pretty good. Using it right now.

Hyper X Cloud II is a piece of shit i can tell you that much, i ended up taking my old Siberia 2 to the repair shop, idk how fucking ancient this headset is its still better then that.

How the fuck is it possible that this headset is still superior in audio quality?

Sennheiser pc37x on massdrop.
558s with a mic