Got this for gaming

Got this for gaming.
Did i do good?

Other urls found in this thread:

files.catbox.moe/l6xkcd.mp3
guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sure why not
any ssd is better than an hdd, and nvme m.2 ssd's are overkill for any casual use

Yeah, it's a solid choice.

Once you get a really fast drive, your CPU decompressing the game's assets is your next bottleneck... especially for open world games

should i get i5 8400 or the new i3 ..the quadcore?

Most ssds are fine nowadays. Never buy a crucial mx200 or Samsung 840 evos. Those ones are actual garbage.

I doubt any game actually causes such a situation to arise. Even the fastest SSDs on the market should still be the loading bottleneck over the CPU.

For... all those times your going to have swap files pop up because you don't have enough memory? What kind of poorly designed games access the disk all the time?

does 840 + 10 = 850 really make a difference worth upgrading?

>not getting an m.2 SSD

You fucked up

can confirm I have an 840 evo and it's garbage

does it even make a 5% difference in games?
i saw none!

how so?

it makes no difference. I used 4 SSD in RAID 0. it fucked up my access times by the smidge, but the read and write speeds were out of this world.

>2017
>gaymen

>2017
>not liking fun
retard.
laughing-face.jpg

did you not have a laughing-face.jpg? because that makes you look like a fucking downey

Name a fun PC game in 2017

no u.
piss off, anime wewaboo autist kid.

first cure your depressing, loser, than i'll tell u.

files.catbox.moe/l6xkcd.mp3

pubg
minecraft
runescape

all i need.

Yes. The 840 came out well AFTER the 850 and is utter shit. The 850 is reliable for over 2PBs worth of rewrites. 840 was just a ploy by Samsung to increase prices on the 850 by releasing a slower and not as long lasting drive.

The i5 will be slightly more future-proof.

I got a 500GB 850 Evo on Black Friday to replace the 128GB Samsung 830 in my desktop.

Does the 850 Evo use TLC or MLC NAND? I didn't really bother to look into when I bought the drive because the price was really good and most other 500/512GB SSDs were more expensive. Plus I wanted to stick with Samsung since there is supposed to be some kind of migration software for it so I don't have to do a clean install of the OS and reinstall programs and other shit.

That voice is exactly how I imagined Sup Forumsentooman would sound like

Guhnoo

850 Pro lasted 9.1 PB too.
guru3d.com/news-story/endurance-test-of-samsung-850-pro-comes-to-an-end-after-9100tb-of-writes.html

I don't recall a time that an ssd made my games any faster.
Does anyone have any examples?

It mainly affects loading times.

Faster != Run better
FPS are still a GPU and CPU problem.

The only things SSDs affect is loading times, some a bit and some a stupid amount.

for gaming its good

for storage... ehh

>ehh
explain?

try starting gta v on both and compare times

TF2

These are memes, add in Roblox

Bad firmware on release, needs an update.

>500GB
Not a whole lot but if is talking about longevity he's probably wrong because they last about the same as an HDD but can't be recovered when it fails

hdd is more reliable for storage

loading and saving times from/to ss drive
that's about it