Update addiciton

Is anyone else addicted to update his systems ?
How often do you update ?
Do you already have multiple problems because of this bad habit ?
Talk with us mate, we are here to lend you an ear.

Other urls found in this thread:

gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/
youtube.com/watch?v=EsoY3FpW7Ik
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think there's anything wrong with updating systems. I do tend to compusively fiddle with shit, tweaking configs constantly to the point where I've broken shit or caused problems for users at work.

I may have a problem of that kind.
t. always get the newest Linux kernel on the official website, often hours before it appears in the repositories.

I flash my mobo bios every time there's a new version.
I like to live on the edge

Dual boot Gentoo and Arch for double the updates! Gentoo especially is an autist's paradise. It's so easy and comfy to tinker with USE flags, patches, different git/layman repos.. and don't forget watching the flowing compiler output in a meme overdose

Might as well add that I love checking out the repo's log, ie. gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/ and of course bugs.gentoo.org as well as the mailing lists
# emerge -avtuDN --with-bdeps --complete-graph @world]

literally the single time i did that i bricked my PC

>I do tend to compusively fiddle with shit, tweaking configs constantly to the point where I've broken shit or caused problems for users at work.

I've fired people for less. Newbies always love to fucking do this and god almighty jesus christ give me strength THERE IS A REASON THEY ARE THE WAY THEY ARE.

>itt: people who never deployed production software

I used to compulsively distro hop. Now I just use default Ubuntu.

I would be addicted if I didn't get "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes.." bullshit, every single time.

kek.

>he doesn't have a private life

I used to update every day on Arch but now I just update like once a month.

yep, but with win 10....
I know, I know bully plz. I deserve bully :((((((((((((

>He doesnt use his producion server as personal pc

I love updating things
I get semi hard each time

tell me more.
what exactly gets hard ?

My dick and/or tits

Sexy.
What do you think, should i update your repository's? :3

Hell no she's only for me
I'll update yours though ;*

> Is anyone else addicted to update his systems ?
Go to a desktop thread, you'll find Arch users there.

I ain't no cuck

I used to do that on my laptop that I barely used for anything anyways. Then one day I just kind of stopped and wondered "What the fuck am I doing with my life" and stopped.

> Then one day I just kind of stopped and wondered "What the fuck am I doing with my life" and stopped.
Your existence should've thrown a warning because at the second time, you stopped without starting.

I upgrade my debian sid desktop daily and my servers and other machines running stable I update whenever I feel like so
Debian 9.3 just got released and most of my servers still run on 9.1 as I am lazy

>install parrotOS
>comes with everything you can think of
>lots of of updates on first install
>three days later
>"it seems like you haven't updated parrot in a while"
>updating 10 minutes
>damn you parrot, why you so comfy?
>decide to keep it
>have daily update routine

Don't know if relevant or context-related. I suffer from reinstallitus.

I have 5 computers in my house and I reinstall their operating system at least weekly. I rotate GNU/Linux and Microsoft Windows and cannot make up my mind. To dual-boot is out of the question for me. I would need separate hard drives and physical switch to disable/enable them before booting.

I mostly do not install programs, I download portable/binary version and extract them to a folder for example /home/user/apps/mongodb/ or c:\users\user\apps\vlc\

I need some Microsoft products for my job (senior management here) and I actually feel depressed and dirty inside when I see what kind of software for example Visual Studio pulls in.

The urge to reinstall completely comes when I boot up a computer and Windows pops up a blank command prompt window for a fraction of a second, or I boot Debian and something is strange in the syslog.

I am actually spending more time preparing my computers for use, than actually using them.

Also, I am 40 years old, diagnosed with asperger but still do very well socially and profesionally. My affliction is unknown to the outside world but it eats me to death from the inside.

Maybe you should read the logs and figure out why that happens?

>not emerge -e @world
Do you even autism?

So you're one of those weird people, who masturbate to build logs?

youtube.com/watch?v=EsoY3FpW7Ik

I think I am the worst of us.

I am addicted to upgrading my iPhone T_T

as a professional I can +1 this, fuck you OP

you mean in Sup Forums rather itt

>not using disposable containers in a swarm
>still using vps
oh you pajeet

>I am actually spending more time preparing my computers for use, than actually using them.
then maybe get away from Sup Forums as everyone here has your problem?