What is good battery life for a laptop?

I usually consider 4-6 hours of battery life good enough, but I recently had an argument on reddit and the guy claimed that you need at least 12+ hours plus. So that made me curious, what do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/DWWXZnG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>4-6 hours of battery life good enough
it's not, anything less than 10 hours on a modern laptop is unacceptable
stop trying to elevate your shitty used chinkpad as being anything more than old garbage

Depends on your use case and what you need the laptop for

6+ hours in chrome.

Less in not cuul.

X220 + 9 cell + slice still beats most everything out there today. 20+ hour battery life easily.

yeah and it weighs 20lbs and only smells *slightly* of cum!
and who cares that the screen is literally the worst you could possible get, you don't need a decent resolution or good colors!

0.94 kg OMAGAUD!!!! SO HEAVYS!
My IPS panel is actually quite nice, dont miss 1080p really since I use it for work stuff and not multimedia.

>IPS panel is actually quite nice
it's actually still garbage, just because it's better than the default doesn't mean it's actually good

I kinda miss using it as I got a xiaomi air 13 and use that more now.
The thinkpad feel was just wonderful with the clit and keyboard.

OP here, I have a msi gl62m 7rd and it works really well for me

My thinkpad has a full voltage quad core processor with similar single-core performance as a desktop Ryzen 7 while having a 1080p IPS display and 9h of battery life with casual usage.

8-9h of battery life is more than enough for me so it does the job fine.

Ask there newfag >>>/reddit/

I get about 1 hour in my 20 pound thinkpad and 10 hours in my 2 pound macbook from 4 years ago.
Are thinkpads the greatest Sup Forums meme of all time?

how much did you spend on the think pad

I'd say 10 hours is where it starts to be considered good. 6-8 is average and

Up until yesterday I got about an hour on my second battery (first one died.) But now it seems that this one is dying too, having only had it for a year. Don't buy $20 chink batteries, guys.
Pic related.

please kill yourself

I honestly thought this was some inbred family pic
Nope, just Reddit

autismo maximus making fun of autismus máximo. look, we're all autism here. get off your autism horse, autist.

JOIN NOW DISCORD SIGNAL PUMP GROUP discord.gg/DWWXZnG

>inbred
>people with different skin colours
Please neck yourself, brainlet

;__; my new thinkpad only gets 4 hpurs but the reviews said 14

T470?

That laptop is fucking retarded
>dual gtx 1080's
>1080p display

Well good luck getting good battery life if you use Windows 10
>brag about battery life improvements with every feature update, in reality my idle power consumption went from 5.5W to 8W
>over 140 processes on a clean install, CPU never idles at 0% like it did on 7 and 8

Actually it's 120 hz but it's okay poorfag user, feel free to call things you can't afford retarded.

I use W10 and don't have those issues. LTSB a best.

>hey guys do I fit in yet!

>you need dual 1080s to drive a 120hz screen
Spoken like a true tech illiterate

If on ultra settings, yes. But don't bother yourself with these things, you can't afford them anyways.

>can't handle carrying 1kg
>brings out semen out of the blue
>muh 8k on 15"

Ask me how I know you are a low test beta with a cuckfetish.

yes.

If you're using win then install win 8.1. The best there is for battery life. If you want 12h of battery life get a MBA

He is your average mactoddler justifying his latest fruity scam.

>High Performance

Well it goes to power saver when its unplugged

I get 4 hours on my early-2011 15" MBP and 2 hours on my Lubuntu netbook. That triggers me, but gladly I don't have a need for a PC outside my home.