You would put 4 Samsung 850 Evo M.2's in software RAID0 for games, right...

You would put 4 Samsung 850 Evo M.2's in software RAID0 for games, right? Do you not know how to configure RAID0 on a pci-e card from BIOS before even installing an OS? Of course not, you're retarded.

sure, go for it.

what

>guy with more money than games

games run from memory tho

>not running gaymes solely in the processor registers
It's 2017 senpai.

What sort of risc monstrosity you're using that allow to load full games to the registers?

>850 evo

i wouldn't. because the 960 Pro's are faster than the 850's

someone post that guy who put eight 4TB hard drives in RAID0 and lost all his anime

got you senpai

>960 Pro
Isn't that the one that locks up with 100% disk usage?

>using M.2's on a PCIe instead of dedicated PCIe SSD
Nice "performance" m8

Unless you're running a server board with multiple CPUs, the ultimate limiter is the CPU itself. Even Threadripper can be maxed with multiple drives.

aasets don't

>copy game into ramdisk
>run game
nothing personnel, op

>Not running PCI-E disks in Raid 0 instead

Amateur.

>raid0
>ever
no

>that poor fan under the shroud
kill it, end its suffering

>blocks your path

not sure what you're getting at

Games are at least 100GB nowadays.

really? i don't play many new games

Forza 7, DOOM, GTA V, Titanfall, and Star Citizen are all pretty huge.
Final Fantasy XV is gonna be gigantic iirc.

>not programming games in assembly
>2017

Yes, RAID0 with software RAID on several M.2 SSDs will max the CPU far before an actual PCIe SSD would.

>this amount of effort for a video game
just buy a fucking playstation or an xbox. Hardcore PC gamers remind me of the sorts of people who tune up NERF guns, or modify vans.
>capatcha - stop
please

>software RAID
gross

>BIOS/UEFI RAID
>Any kind of hardware RAID
Trash.

>not DIMM2

OP here. Assuming there are enough PCI lanes offered by the motherboard and CPU, this card says it's running x8. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not wrong, but PCI-e 3.0 has more than enough bandwidth to cover a couple GPUs in SLI/Crossfire, maybe even an actual PCI-e SSD and this guy fully loaded with 4x SSDs. Just a hypothetical situation I'm talking about here.
Again, the ASUS card originally posted takes up 8 lanes. The only bottlenecks would be CPUs and chipsets that don't offer enough PCI lanes.